Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fluoride - Demand AARP Take Action

Message 871 of 1,248

We just crossed the Sacramento River where it enters the city. As I said, most anyone can throw a stone across it since it is very small for a river. Industrial fluoride chemicals are still discharged by the city into it continuously  and the former thriving salmon fishing industry remains nonexistent. And what else would one expect? 

Richard Sauerheber, Ph.D.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 872 of 1,248

This is the last day of my month long travel through British Columbia and Alaska. I'm happy to say that all of B. C. is now fluoridation free. All of Alaska also is except for Anchorage which adds industrial fluoride materials into water to treat citizens in what constitutes a bone fluoridation program. . I provided their city assembly copies of the new book chapter on fluoride toxicology. The group Fluoride Free Alaska wrote several thank you's.

It is time to understand that truth is true and facts are immutable. Stop fluoridating U.S. citizens. I am not interested in retribution for this but simply expect the madness to stop. Our children need help, not an artificial  burden to avoid. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 873 of 1,248

Yes. The largest  study we have by teotia and teotia, a 30 year effort, indicated the lowest caries incidence for people in a high calcium low fluoride area, and the highest incidence was in a high fluoride low calcium area. There is no doubt that calcium builds strong teeth, not fluoride. And what else would one expect when enamel is a calcium phosphate matrix devoid of fluoride?

We need to teach the truth not only for seniors but for kids to protect their future. That's the key reason for me  to explain the facts. I have protected my grandson so far but it is not easy. In a fluoridated country 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 874 of 1,248

Richard,

The evidence I've seen indicates calcium and magnesium have a greater effect on caries than fluoride.  Just looking at fluoride is far too simplistic.  Other minerals need to be evaluated.  However, regardless of fluoride between 0.1, 0.7 and 1 ppm, cavity rates were at 1.7 per child.  

CDC, ADA and proponents of fluoridation thing fluoride is a magic element unaffected by other chemicals, everyone benefits and everyone needs more and no one is at risk.  

That kind of simplistic thinking might be good for first grade, but not science.

Bill Osmunson DDS MPH

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 875 of 1,248

Sorry. I recall now the original message was not sent because The Skagway library wifi did not allow full access to the AARP site.

I arrive home Tuesday and would have access to a computer instead of fingerling a cell phone 

I don't think any officials who could change city fluoridation are reading this anyway. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 876 of 1,248

Im in Tacoma now. It was posted when in Skagway AK so that was on 8/14.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 877 of 1,248

RS:  "I answered the math argument earlier. Please read it."

Response:  Please provide the timestamp of that comment so that I may read it.  I must have missed it.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 878 of 1,248

I've discussed the poisonings with scientists still here. Dr. krook has passed  away. I answered the math argument earlier. Please read it.

Altitude may have been  a factor too but F use in extremely soft water is the more significant problem.

calculating the discharged F level after full dilution is  simplistic. there is no math formula that describes the dilution dynamics of a substance dumped into a solution. It does not dilute from 1 down to 0.2 in an instant.

I teach math in college and i assure you there are vast cases  where math is used improperly and with incorrect assumptions. False conclusions backed up with improper math is very common. Computing what the level will be after it dilutes into the volume of water flowing during the  infusion period does not indicate the actual level salmon are exposed to while approaching the discharge pipe section.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 879 of 1,248

Dr. Sauerheber, you're back.  

Then you are saying that Dr. Bill is wrong.  Elevation had nothing to do with Cathy Justus' horse & 4 dogs dying.  Correct?  It would be great if your anti-fluoride doctors could get your science to agree, wouldn't it.

By the way.  You had made the outrageous claim that the salmon industry in Sacramento, CA was ruined because the City began to fluoridate its drinking water.  When I asked you to prove it, you said that it couldn't be proved.

Similar claims had been made about the Columbia River in Oregon.  Mr. Joe Carroll had proved that this was impossible using a simple mathematical formula.  I posted his letter & his mathmatics in an earlier comment, and you had read them.  

This is how you prove that salmon were killed in Sacramento by fluoridated water discharge.  Use the same mathmatics as Mr. Carroll used.  Determine the speed of the Sacramento River in cfs.  You would multiply that number x 7.48 to determine gps.  You would multiply that number by 8.34 to determine weight which would be needed for a simple determination of how much actual chemical was being discharged using 0.6 ppm F at discharge which Mr. Carroll used, (although I felt his number was high, since he didn't account for dilution from infiltration).  After that, you would determine city discharge of effluent at the time of the salmon collapse.  Since you are familiar with Sacramento, a simple check of water records would provide that.  You would have to determine the background fluoride in the river.  A simple upstream check, found in California Department of Environmental Quality would have that.  You already know that salmon are sensitive to fluoride at 0.5 ppm F.  After that it is a simple matter of addition to prove that salmon were indeed harmed by effluent discharge.  

That should be simple enough for a chemist with your credentials.  Mr. Carroll easily proved that discharge in Oregon was not harmful to salmon using that same formula.  Have you done the math yet, since you seem so hell-bent on proving that community water fluoridation somehow harms the environment?  If not?  Why not?

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 880 of 1,248

Other Pagosa ranchers were on well water. The analysis by fluoride toxicologist Dr. Krook was accurate. .

The justus's moved there from CA and had no Idea use of city water for livestock could be harmful. It is always  prevailing conditions that need to be considered

This reminds me of a local F supporter on the water board who said don't worry when we start Fluoridating. It won't affect water quality and you can't taste it. I merely asked if it doesn't affect water quality then why would you add it? He did have a conscience and he resigned from the board, knowing he couldn't change the policy. 

Kudos
Views