Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Affirmation Tea - April 2021

Hi community friends! Can y'all believe that April is here already? Spring has officially sprung, and the blooms are popping in DC. I'm so grateful for the new life and the feeling of re-awakening that comes with the spring season. Here's this week's self-affirmation:

affirmation 7.png

Reply with ๐ŸŒน or "yes" to affirm for yourself. Or, fill in the blanks for your own self-affirmation, "I acknowledge my own _________; my __________ is soaring." If you're comfortable, share your affirmation here โœจ

Hope everyone has a lovely week! I'll be posting all of the affirmations for April here, so come back to this thread every Monday for the tea ๐Ÿต

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello wonderful friends! It's time for some afternoon affirmation tea again ๐Ÿต This week's affirmation came to me while I was doing my daily mindfulness meditation practice. I hope it resonates with you!

affirmation 10.png

Feeling comfortable and safe enough to share my authentic self has been an ongoing journey. How do you practice authenticity? Reply with a ๐ŸŽ‡ or "yes" to affirm for yourself.

Wishing you all a wonderful week! Shine on โœจ

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes ๐ŸŽ‡

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , Another terrific affirmation!  Just revised mission statement to reflect my focus.  Of course, my "true self" will still stumble, fall, say something dumb, quickly wish I could take it back, eat take-out pizza ( yes, tonight! ), get impatient and do other not so great stuff.  But, now my mission statement is posted so I see it daily:  Live with gratitude, humor, integrity, and maintain a fun and supportive environment.  Christine

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rhymesometimes, I love that you are regularly revising your personal mission statement. Demonstrates your growth and open mind ๐Ÿ’œ Embracing your true self means loving your imperfections too. No one is perfect! Plus, I'm a big fan of pizza too ๐Ÿ•

I've been trying to remove the terms "stupid" and "dumb" from my vocab. I've found I will often say to myself, "That was stupid, Rachel." When I catch myself doing that, I pause and reframe. That wasn't stupid or dumb, it was simply a misinformed mistake. This reframing has really improved the way I view myself and keeps me from ruminating on silly mistakes I've made.

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , That's very good advice.  I always came down on my kids if they used the word stupid ( about themselves or others ) You're absolutely right about reframing and using different wording.  Thank you for catching my negative self-talk.  If we could rein that in, along with ruminating, it becomes a game changer is how we look at ourselves.  Christine

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

๐ŸŽ‡

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's time for this afternoon's affirmation tea! This week, we are focused on being kind to ourselves and cultivating self-worth.

affirmation 9.png

Reply with ๐Ÿฆ‹ or "yes" to affirm for yourself. In what other ways do you practice kindness with yourself? How do you lift yourself up when you are feeling down?

Thanks for spending some time with me today. May your week be filled with moments of joy and peace ๐Ÿ’œ

Super Contributor

Butterfly & Yes!

Unconditionally chosen: Kind & Love Myself I Do Choose to Be!

Thank you RachelA of AARP

Stay Healthy!!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

My pleasure @LaurajW510385! I like the double affirming for yourself with both the butterfly and yes ๐Ÿ’œ Hope you are staying healthy as well!

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Thank you AARP RachelA for your liking...I'm doing in tiny moments out here in leaving an "estranged" ordeal with myself since March 2020 & may be a bit longer which the virus stay at home did help with some. Yet I'm still doing what I can to Loving Me again & Keeping Me out of all that out there. 

Where I AM again more Loving & Affectionate with ME..My One True Friend...Who I AM Created.๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒป Greatly Appreciated!!!

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , Great affirmation!  There was a time I called myself a "recovering co-dependent people-pleasing perfectionist." Now I just say "I am enough" and "progress not perfection."  It takes time and a great deal of effort to break the cycle ( habit? ) of negative self-talk.  I'm getting better at treating myself with kindness and grace.  Christine

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can relate to what you're saying so much @Rhymesometimes! I'm trying to break the habit of negative self-talk, and it's definitely a process. Affirmations and mindfulness meditations have helped me significantly ๐Ÿ’œ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , I like both of those ideas.  Going to post my new mission statement for me to see every day to help too.  

"Live with gratitude, humor, integrity and be a fun and encouragement catalyst." ( this is a rough draft, not sure I will keep exact wording )

Thank you for posting the weekly affirmations, they are a great reminder to treat ourselves better.  What's that saying,  "treat yourself like you treat your best friend."     Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

Woohoo! So important. 

Someone once suggested looking around in Nature to see all the beauty in imperfection as a way to step out of that particular perfectionism trap. That was useful advice for me.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@DeahWA, I love the suggestion to marvel at the imperfections of mother nature โœจ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

๐Ÿฆ‹

Silver Conversationalist

๐Ÿฆ‹

Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to this week's affirmation tea. I hope you all have been enjoying the start to the spring season. The sunshine has been filling me with gratitude and joy!

affirmation 8.png

Growth is such a beautiful thing. It's definitely not a linear process, but I find comfort in knowing that each day I am growing and changing. Reply with a โ˜€๏ธ or "yes" to affirm this for yourself. If you're comfortable, share how you're currently growing and learning.

Have an exceptional week, friends!

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , Just moved into a new house with my husband.  We now have a dedicated craft/game room.  I'll now literally and figuratively have "space" to grow, learn and create. Christine

Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on moving into a new space @Rhymesometimes! Even though moving can be stressful and tiring, I do enjoy the time to purge and get organized. Here's to growth and creativity ๐Ÿฅ‚

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , Three cheers  for that! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

โ˜€๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

โ˜€๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

๐ŸŒน

Silver Conversationalist

๐ŸŒน

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP