Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Roadside Assistance ? Triplanning

Been a member of AARP for over 10 years and member of their roadside assistance as well. I know the roadside assistance has changed companies throughout the years. However I still have the card from 2008 and cannot find out what company is running  it now. Anyone know? Also do they still help with trip planning using actual maps? I don't do digital as I prefer to concentrate on the road. I have researched within AARP and couldn't find any answer.

Regular Contributor

Still not able to find online travel planning assistance!!!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@marielg You may be interested in checking out our resources for trip planning: https://aarp.info/34rhZqm Let me know if there's anything I can do, I'm here to help!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@marielg Thank you for being a valued part of our family for over 10 years! The Roadside Assistance is provided by Allstate- Check out their info here: https://www.aarp.org/membership/benefits/insurance/allstate-roadside/

I had AAA roadside assistance for over three decades when I was convinced by AAPR to try out their new roadside assistance plan with Allstate. What a huge mistake. There is no way to renew or pay your Allstate annual membership fee online.  Are you kidding me?  This is 2023!  They want you to physically write down your credit card number on their piece of paper and mail it to them by snail mail. Anyone who has every read any of the AARP publications on fraud know you never write your credit card number on pieces of paper and send through the mail. Additionally, when you read the small print, by giving them your credit card number you are agreeing to have all future dues automatically charged to your card. If you want to cancel, can you call them? No!  Can you contact them through their website? No. Can you cancel your account online? No. The ONLY way you can cancel is to contact them in writing, through the mail, and they conveniently do not provide you with their contact address for this. Again, are we living in 2023 or 1963?  My membership expires next month and I am not renewing....I'm going back to AAA.  I should have never left. Shame on AARP for partnering with a company/plan that has such archaic methods that are not the least bit user friendly to their members. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding Allstate Roadside Assistance. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Allstate to have this investigated for you. Please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPMariamaA” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP