Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: Pet Insurance endosed by AARP

Message 1 of 2

Hi Frances, AARP Member Benefits here to help. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you've experienced and certainly understand your frustration with the service provided by PetPlan. We'd be happy to forward your concern to the Escalations team at PetPlan for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. In order to better understand the issue, we will require additional information. At your convenience, please reply to the private message we sent to you. We look forward to hearing from you soon! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Pet Insurance endosed by AARP

Message 2 of 2

AARP endorses PetPlan Insurance for our Pets.  As a subscriber to this insurance with this company for my dog, I will say it is the worst pet insurance policy out there.  AARP should do research before endorsing a Insurance company that changes the policy for each claim submitted.  Does no good to get pre-authorization for veterian procedures for your pet, because they do no honor their the pre-authoization.  They find some loop hole in the policy to not honor the claim after they have send you authorization that they will pay the claim with said deductable.  When the procedure is done on the pet and the paid invoice is submitted, then they reclassify the deductable and the pre-authorization is not valid.  They have done this over and over again to every claim I have filed with them.  One you have pet insurance with one pet insurer, it is hard to cancel that policy and go to another carrier, because any pre-existing condition will not be covered by that insurance company.  You pay preminums and non of your claims qualitfy for the insurance reimbrusement due to them find some reason unknow to you why the will not cover the procedure.  This insurance company for pets is a rip off and AARP should not endorse this company and the fraud the openly endose to their subscribers.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.