Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Location Error

I was just trying to look at restaurant benefits and apparently the default here is Washington, DC.  I cannot change it to my city and state. I have gone in and confirmed my address and I've actually been a member since 2008 but I can't view anything in my area because it won't let me change that Washington DC default.  Any ideas/

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bronze Conversationalist

Click here ----> Re: Anyone know how to debug the location section? - AARP Online Community

- read my post

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're referring to this ----> AARP® Member Benefits: Browse More Restaurant Discounts

I tried this and it worked for me:

-  click on " Washington, DC 20004 "  - not either red icons on left and right of it - just the word

- I saw new " Enter Zip Code 20004 "

- now 'click' once behind the end of 20004 ( to the right of 4 ) - in the box;    not Washington DC

- now 'backspace' until 20004 is gone ---> see 'No Results'

- enter your zip code.--> see 'Washington DC ' change to your 'local town, state and zip code' --> now click on this new ' your local town' display. ( don't click on new zip code )

😎

View solution in original post

Bronze Conversationalist

Click here ----> Re: Anyone know how to debug the location section? - AARP Online Community

- read my post

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're referring to this ----> AARP® Member Benefits: Browse More Restaurant Discounts

I tried this and it worked for me:

-  click on " Washington, DC 20004 "  - not either red icons on left and right of it - just the word

- I saw new " Enter Zip Code 20004 "

- now 'click' once behind the end of 20004 ( to the right of 4 ) - in the box;    not Washington DC

- now 'backspace' until 20004 is gone ---> see 'No Results'

- enter your zip code.--> see 'Washington DC ' change to your 'local town, state and zip code' --> now click on this new ' your local town' display. ( don't click on new zip code )

😎

Contributor

Thank you.  That worked. I swear I thought I tried everything but apparently not. I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Your welcome, 😀

😎  Helping others.... isn't that what we all should be doing.....

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP