Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Lifetime Fitness Hours Limited

As your Medicare Fitness Program Administrator may have shared with you, I am pleased to confirm that we have renewed agreements so members on eligible Medicare plans may continue accessing Life Time clubs as of January 1, 2024.

The new agreements were established based on the rate your provider is paying on your behalf and includes revised club access hours effective January 1, 2024:

• Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
  • Saturday: 2:00 p.m. to close.
  • Sunday: all open hours.
  • Note: Members will have continued access to all ARORA Aqua classes at any time with a reservation and club arrival within 30 minutes of the class start time.
0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Periodic Contributor

This is still not right. Who is "I" as a contributor on this thread? I wrote a letter directly to the Chairman/CEO of LFT. He could not even respond to my letter. It is ridiculous. I was with LTF since it opened its doors here in N. TX. in 2003. I have no desire to pay them more money. We are not interrupting anyone working out at LTF. They do not have to spend any additional money to hire staff. It is just a money making idea. Look at the number of members they lost after the lockdown? All they are trying to do is increase revenue. This is still AGE DISCRIMINATION. This is STILL WRONG. 

View solution in original post

Contributor

You should have several good options for gyms offered through UHC Renew Active.  Also, you can join as many as you want. Why terminate your LT membership?  Itโ€™s not costing you anything is it?  

View solution in original post

LTF has nice facilities - which is important when you mostly swim.  However, being a mega-corporation, it's easy to spot that the LTF contracts are 'all about the revenue'.  The restricted hours are based on data regarding demographics.

Sales now must be impacted, because the parking lot is a problem.  On top of that our location in Northern CA is hosting a Pro Pickleball tournament which is taking over EVERYTHING, including half of the parking lot for merch sales, food, etc....for the next 5 days.  This does NOT benefit the local membership!

As a swimmer, I use the outdoor pool only - which a problematic with the mid-day hours and the worry of skin-cancer issues.  It was triple-digit heat today and the pool is not being scheduled correctly - as staff kick us out of lanes because of summertime youth programs.  The pool was down in the spring for at least 2 weeks for repairs.

I don't mind sharing / sharing lanes, and enjoy meeting new people...but the club DOES NOT make swimming a priority because it emphasizes tennis, pickleball and the indoor work-out systems.  LTF doesn't seem to even understand how to run the pool schedules correctly - and it seems the staff are hamstrung by the corporate culture. It would be so nice if they could discuss needs on an individual basis.  Looking for another pool for at least the next couple of months / summertime....OR, maybe I can fold towels?   LOL.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

You don't want LTF to make money?

They are there to sell, and you decide if you want to buy.

If you can get better value, you go elsewhere.

It makes sense for a business, e.g. LTF to conduct market research,  i.e. "your demographics comment", and adjust.

By the way pickle ball is very popular.  The local membership signs up for tournament too.

I do kind of get your issue with the pickleball.  I use to hate seeing basketball tournaments , LEAGUES, take over the basketball court.

Most were outsiders. I could not take my kids in there.

We could not participate, not big or good enough.  

Now with pickleball anyone can participate.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP