Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Hartford insurance. unfriendly and bad for environment!

Contributor

Hartford insurance. unfriendly and bad for environment!

In the past many years We were with Hartdford insurance but changed because rates keep going and no fault of ours. So been with Allstate last 2 years, every couple years i like to compare companies rates and service. 

I contact Hartford gave the all update info , but nothing has changed, But they could not give me a quote until I sent them picture of outside my home ,OK but they must be real picture printed and sent to the . No email or other electronic transmission. must be printed, this means. take picture send them off to get printed, and mail them, all for just a Quote. I spoke the a couple manger and asked why, no answer just that is there policy with no exceptions. this is not easy for a senior citizen, and today's society most everything is electronic. I could understand maybe doing this after or if i accept there insurance. But just for a quote. I do not think they want to deal with senior citizens!!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding AARP Auto & Home Insurance provided by The Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at The Hartford to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with your AARP The Hartford, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPThelmaG” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Did all this ( above) have not heard back from anyone. I did not think I would.  That was expected!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I applied for auto and home owners insurance with Hartford.  Hartford quoted me for Auto but declined to quote for home owners.  Later sent me the reason for declining Home Owners because of a flat roof.  I do not have a flat roof, I have an A roof with attic space. If AARP sponsors Hartford they should service the members.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hello! I am here to help. You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP