Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bad service from so-called AARP supporter

Contributor

Bad service from so-called AARP supporter

One of the reasons I waited 25 years to even join your organization...fear that when I tried to use your card, I'd have issues. I did! Here's what I recently sent out to those involved:

Thanks Country Inn & Suites, Bozeman, MT for “being there” following our long road trip out West from Minnesota. We only wanted a room for the night…seeing it was around 8:30, on a Sunday evening, September 13, 2020.  We stopped here because we have trusted the name for years and have stayed at various other locations.

Thanks to the incompetent and uncaring staffer on duty, who after having us wait several minutes for service,  told us they did in fact have 4 rooms available, but that her manager told her she had to charge $180 for them…regardless. This staffer also refused to acknowledge our AARP card, and was not interested in any further discussions, no discounts, or price adjustments, even at that late hour of the evening.

It is thanks to you we left, disgusted of course, but managed to stumble onto a fantastic discovery, right down the road. It is called C’mon Inn. It was a great facility, friendly staff, large, clean comfortable rooms, and at a much lower price AND acknowledging our AARP discount!  They were incredibly welcoming. Super Kudos to C’mon Inn!

It is fascinating that during this COVID situation, we hear so much about businesses “crying” they are trying to stay afloat, looking for customers wherever they can find them. Yet when some of us walk into your doors, trying to give you business, you turn us away, as if it doesn’t matter. Even without a pandemic, Business 101 says that’s “bad business.”

Thanks again C’mon Inn, you rock, and restored our confidence in the wonderful facilities the great West has to offer. The rest of our trip to the West coast was great.

Lou H

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi @LutherH379160, AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by Country Inn & Suites. We’d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Country Inn & Suites for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPAngelaC” into the “Send to” box https://aarp.info/3eufxDx. Please provide the following details in your message:
- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact phone number
- Country Inn & Suites reservation #/confirmation #
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP