Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Instant Wins - requesting info

Hello fellow AARPers!

I am asking a favor of those of you lucky enough to win an Instant Win. If you would, please, after you win, post as a reply to this what day, time and zone (EST, CTS, etc) you won. 

I have tried different times during the day to win with no luck - even between 2 and 4 AM EST.  Now I realize I may not be hitting the exact second which the system is supposingly generating the win time for but I am genuinely curious if the win time is the same time every day. Your input would help me understand what is going on with these illusive Instant Wins. Just call me Sherlock!

Thank you!!

Trusted Contributor

I have won the instant playing daily but I may not win for a few months then all of a sudden I win it a few times then another dry spell.  Not sure of rhyme or reason, just luck I guess.  I have won once for a sweeps and ironically it was a mistake, I put in tickets for a few days then realized this was not something I could use and sure enough at the end of the sweeps I get an email saying I won.  Oh well, i am gifting it.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค— I tried to reply the other day but there was some sort of problem with the community website ( nothing new). Congrats on your winnings. I've kinda stopped trying. I haven't won anything since the old Rewards program ( which I really miss) . Keep it up and if you can please bless me with some of your good fortune. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still confused about some of the people who have won Instant Win Games. Take a look at this. 

( October 18 โ€“ $5 Bath Pro Shops Gift Card First Name Last Initial Rita C Mohammad S James K John S melina B Gary P Lisa S Tommy H Kristin B Rochelle B Craig M Winnie B Winnie B JA C Sharon O Judy T SHEILA C Donnie D Carl B Carl B Gladys O ) . Someone please tell me this is a typo. I'm just saying

I haven't won a Instant Win yet

Concerned Member
Trusted Contributor

I have won the instant win a few times.  Just luck.  I will win it then win another sometimes the next day then nothing for months even though I use my points daily.  just luck

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I won today, Kohl gift card for $10.  I won it around 12:00 am. (Pacific time)  I try to play the instant win around the same time everyday. 

I was wondering how I receive my gift card, if I won. It doesn't appear that I have won a Sweepstakes but the list for Daily Instant winnings just shows the first name and last initial and no other information. Someone with my name and last initial won but how do I know it was me. Also I "bought" gift card with my reward points and have no idea how to receive them. Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The 4 times I have won an Instant win I would soon get an email within minutes - saying "Your prize is here 'your name' !" with the info of what you've won plus the points redeemed.

There is a click-able link 'Get your reward' to claim your reward - which you may need to print out (if you don't have a printer you may go to a public library or internet cafe to print). There are some e-giftcards which you do have a 'choice' - like Target - you can print the win -for in store use, or add to your web Target.com account for online orders or even use with smart phone to also use in-store too. If you win something like Amazon you can easily add to 'your Amazon's web gift card balance' which will be the default payment usually ahead of a credit card unless you have other plans.

Virtually all Instant Win/ Sweeps gift cards won will now be e-gift cards (I have no experience with $ bought/ $ buy gift cards). You do not have to print in color; black and white is good (make sure to keep the print = 'it is the gift card' you will be able to use over and over till zero).

You say : Also I "bought" gift card with my reward points and have no idea how to receive them. = we usually say we redeem our reward points for gift cards (no money involved) - if done correctly, points would have been deducted from your total rewards balance and you should immediately receive an email with your gift card info. with same procedures as I described above. Your reward is here, your name !

Sweepstakes Winners are announced on the next month of their actual win; winners get the e-mail of their win with the click able link then. The winners list will include name and 'city and home state.' So if you win in Jan you won't know till sometime in Feb ๐Ÿ‘ Check sometime around the 14th ๐Ÿคž with 10 days +/-

๐Ÿ˜Ž  

Conversationalist

The few times I have won an Instant Win, an email was sent to me about the win. Sometimes the email comes within a few minutes, other times it may take an hour or so. The email has a link which you can click on to retrieve your gift card. I print them out right away then save the email in a separate file in case I mess up and lose the printed gift card. This same email process is followed when I buy a Daily Gift Card offering.

I have no idea how a sweeps win works. For all the years I have been doing the rewards program, I have never won one. Granted, I have done very few under this new program started about 2 years ago, but prior to that I did them religiously. I would assume the sweeps wins operate in the same manner. Maybe somebody who has actually won one can fill us in on how it worked for them.

Hang in there!!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

When you play the instant win games it states either SORRY  or LUCKY YOU . Then the win if you see lucky you goes to your email and you just open the email and click redeem your reward and print. 

Karyn
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Tired of seeing "Sorry you did not win today." hope to see a "Lucky You" one of these days!! ๐Ÿ˜

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Friends!

I must have little luck for Iโ€™ve been trying regularly for 1 1/2 years without a win. Iโ€™m use to seeing The reply โ€œSorry.โ€

I use my own winnings, over thousands spent. Iโ€™m positive one day the word will change to โ€œYou Won!โ€ Iโ€™ve not won a sweepstakes either but Iโ€™ll keep taking the quizzes and watching the videos;  Iโ€™ve enjoyed learning and staying up to date with everything๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Positive thoughts for one day!

Super Contributor

I love your positive attitude!  

Social Butterfly

My win came at 3:12 AM.

Recognized Social Butterfly

When itโ€™s your turn to Win you will

Racquel Evans
Contributor

Anyone win using the free entry method?  My sister says she's been winning a lot using points but I enter using free entry and have not won in a long time. 

Conversationalist

OMG!!! I actually just won an Instant Win!! 10:34 EST on Wed September 1. This after going at least 6 months wallowing as a daily loser. 

Periodic Contributor

Congrats! I have been trying too, for the instant wins for at least 6 months wasting all my points and have been getting disgusted. I kept thinking I should just do the ones that give you like $5 or $10, but lately not having much luck on those either. Must be a lot of people on here doing it!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Congrats @BeachGirl23! Glad you finally won! I won the Albertsons instant win at about 10:50 PT last night.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Sorry with all the excitement of winning I forgot to mention it was 10:34 PM EST. 

Trusted Contributor

Had an Instant Win on 7/15 at 9:46 AM EST.

Trusted Contributor

My latest was 9:23PM MST 8/29. Seems to be all random times. I've won early in the morning, afternoon and evenings. Doesn't seem like there is a pattern at all. I just change what time I enter them.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you, Sean. I am glad you won one.  I have tried all different times of the day as well to the point where I was pretty sure nobody was winning. I am glad you proved me wrong.

Take care. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would say I've won at least 20+ so far.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Wow, you must be awfully lucky!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Are you using points or free entry to win?

Karyn
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hmmm, what's free entry?  I must be missing something.  I only play instant win occasionally with points and have never won anything.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you for asking this. I was sure I was the only one who didn't know what a free entry was.

Super Contributor

Now let's hope someone gives us an answer!  ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

WOW!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP