Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Message 21 of 115

@dg1070 wrote:

Has anyone gotten pill identifier to work?  Everytime I go into recipe search it kicks me to login again and I never get those points either.

I am so glad they finally laid out which things open on daily, monthly etc. for us. Now if they would go back to the way the auctions were things would be great.  It has been since May and I would think by now enough people would have called in to let them know this new way is not working.

Hi @dg1070 Yes. Another poster (sorry, I'm forgetting which one of you lovely people gave this tip, but thanks again!) gave us this Pill Identifier trick:

This tip works on the Google Chrome Browser but not Safari.

Call up the Pill Identifier tool. Let it sit for a second (while it gathers it's wits? Dunno, but let it sit, Smiley Happy) Go down to the bottom part where it allows you to choose a pill name. Select one if, like me, you don't know pill names worth beans. BUT hand type that pill name (I think the original tip sharer told us to use amoxicillin, but anyway that's what I type). Don't use the 'search' button, but instead, after you've typed in your pill name, hit return. Ta da: 75 points. Smiley Happy

And if all else fails, call customer service to get your points added to your account. Smiley Happy Their number is: 1 888 842 2891

I'm not sure what's happening there with the recipe search. Earlier this week I had issues with the Rewards for Good site kicking me back to log in. Think that may have been Monday, and @AARPTeri said they were having issues between the sites. Anyway, how I finally got around the problem was to go directly to the Rewards for Good site. You might see if that fixes your recipes search issue. rewards.aarp.org is the Rewards for Good URL. BTW, I only had to do that on Monday. No issues for me the rest of this week.

Earn lots of points! Best wishes! Smiley Happy

Epster 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 115

Has anyone gotten pill identifier to work?  Everytime I go into recipe search it kicks me to login again and I never get those points either.

I am so glad they finally laid out which things open on daily, monthly etc. for us. Now if they would go back to the way the auctions were things would be great.  It has been since May and I would think by now enough people would have called in to let them know this new way is not working.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 115
Quick update on the $200: The bank deposited the $200 bonus in my money market account fairly quickly -- actually earlier than I expected it. So it seems that SOME companies can fix their errors.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 115

@fs13428951 wrote:

It was just as hard when you were trying to bid in the last few minutes/seconds of an auction.  What I don't understand is how people get 750,000 points.  The Visa card came out and with two days the did went to 747000.  Employees should not be involved.  I also called about points not registering and they did credit me for them but now the quiz I had an issue with does not work.  Not been able to get points for two weeks.  I guess I am being punished for calling customer service.  Lol

@fs13428951  I haven't been over to the rewards redemption site in a very long time, but zipped over to see the auction you spoke of. Sure enough: three weeks left to bid and somebody with points to burn has the bid up to ridiculous levels.

wow is right.pngThis is like bidding 7,400 bucks for a $1,200 item. Wha-?

I don't get it. Really, I don't. I'd maybe bid four or five times the face value of an item I thought I needed, but this is already over 6 times the face value with 3 weeks of (apparently) crazed and mindless bidding to go.  Who ARE these people?

FWIW, I have 771,000 Rewards points. I log in 355ish days of the year, work every point giving whatever I know about, am constantly on the prowl for better knowledge and more efficient methods, but haven't spent more than 80-100,000 of the buggers.

I'm patiently waiting for the value pendulum to swing to the users' favor and for me to actually need something on offer here. Smiley Happy

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 115

It was just as hard when you were trying to bid in the last few minutes/seconds of an auction.  What I don't understand is how people get 750,000 points.  The Visa card came out and with two days the did went to 747000.  Employees should not be involved.  I also called about points not registering and they did credit me for them but now the quiz I had an issue with does not work.  Not been able to get points for two weeks.  I guess I am being punished for calling customer service.  Lol

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 115

I agree, I called rewards for good and talked with the manager of and just let her know I wish they went back to the old way of doing auctions.  It's hard to get anything the way they are doing it

now. 

dg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 115
It's all way too high priced. They missed the point of AARP- a $300 purse is half my rent!!! All I can afford are magazines Should have more charities to donate my points
Linda F.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 115

@dg1070 wrote:

Finally it let me respond on community.  Everytime I wanted to replay it sent me in to login mode again.  I called the customer service center and mentioned that I couldn't get into money skills, pill identifier and drug compare points.  She said that they are updating and call back tomorrow.  I hope it works.

@dg1070  Good to know; thanks for the report and for saving us the phone call. (Yay!)

I'm going to copy and paste your post onto the other thread where these specific issues have been discussed this morning, so others can benefit from your generosity. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for being so wonderful! Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 115

Finally it let me respond on community.  Everytime I wanted to replay it sent me in to login mode again.  I called the customer service center and mentioned that I couldn't get into money skills, pill identifier and drug compare points.  She said that they are updating and call back tomorrow.  I hope it works.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 115

Thank you, Epster, for doing this.  It's the sort of thing I'd usually do if I had the time.  Today, for instance, I spent 24 minutes on the phone with a bank which will go un-named, because a funds-transfer which was supposed to be processed before August 31st in order for me to earn a $200 bonus, got scheduled for today, Sept. 5th.  Nobody at said bank could figure out what caused the delay, but a supervisor promised me that she'd made a manual note on my account to make sure I get the $200.  I won't know if the issue is taken care of until 6 to 8 weeks has passed. 

I'm just posting this as an illustration of the sort of trouble-shooting that I find myself doing at least once per month.  Anywho...  I hope the new thread works; I've subscribed to it so I'll get updates and, if anything new happens at my end, I'll post it there.

Kudos
Views