Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New 1200Point Quiz

Message 61 of 115

@HokiePoq wrote:

I noticed just now that there is a fully functional new quiz called Ready for Retirement under the Work and Retirement section.   

Nice to see a new option....and the old 1200 one worked for me as well today!

@HokiePoqRah!

Thanks for the reminder. I saw that (and the others marked DOUBLE POINTS) in that seciton this AM, but the badge didn't show points and the pop-up said it would put me over the 5,000 point limit for the day, so tomorrow I'll go get 'em! Smiley Happy

To Everyone: my adblocker has to be off for the points badge to show. FWIW and all. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

New 1200Point Quiz

Message 62 of 115

I noticed just now that there is a fully functional new quiz called Ready for Retirement under the Work and Retirement section.   

Nice to see a new option....and the old 1200 one worked for me as well today!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Message 63 of 115

@HokiePoq wrote:

The third time was the charm!   Hooray!  Finally got the elusive 1200 points.

@HokiePoq  Excellent!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 115

The third time was the charm!   Hooray!  Finally got the elusive 1200 points.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 115
I am having the same problem, & becoming VERY frustrated.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 115

@HokiePoq wrote:
All excited this morning to find a quiz with 1200 points! It's the Smart Driver one under In the Know section...BUT no points given on completion. Hope it works for someone else or this gets fixed.

Good Morning, @HokiePoq and 1200 surprise points Happy Saturday! Smiley Happy

I zipped over to see if maybe the Smart Driver task had been reset,  but alas, I've worked it and was not able to coax another 1200 points from the system. (baby waa goes here)

I have suggestions, though, for your efforts to get it to release your points. Try  working the task a second (or third) time. Try unblocking ads. Try clearing your history (cache). Try logging out and logging back in before your work the task again. Try refreshing the page.

If none of this works, here's the tried and true route to getting those points awarded: take a screenshot of the task's badge (make sure the task is identifible) and then call the R4G number and ask them to award you the points. (They will verify facts before adding unawarded points to your account) If you get anything but an 'I'd love to help you with that' as a reply, email AARP your screenshot and type out the saga of the unawarded points. That should break the point log jam. Smiley Happy

Best wishes!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 115
All excited this morning to find a quiz with 1200 points! It's the Smart Driver one under In the Know section...BUT no points given on completion. Hope it works for someone else or this gets fixed.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 115

@HokiePoq

@HokiePoq wrote:

I've used the honest ways to accumulate noted by Epster and have gone from 50K to 147K since May.

How completely awesome are you? This is so great! Fantastic work!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 115

The response we got then was that people would use up their points and the bids would go down.  My response to that was that they will continue to use whatever way they use to get massive amounts of points and continue to take all the auctions.   That has proven true.  Those of us who just use the AARP listed ways to earn points seem to be forever excluded.   I never had the big points to compete in the long term auctions but enjoyed the power plays and won my share of those.  

I've used the honest ways to accumulate noted by Epster and have gone from 50K to 147K since May.  People have obviously hacked the system in some way, getting points that the rest of us do not know how to get.   As Epster has said, one doesn't spend hundreds of thousands of points for a $5-10 gift certificate when you have worked this hard to accumulate points.

At the very least AARP needs to restore regular bidding to the power plays to give honest folks a chance.  Otherwise it is a waste of time.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 115

This has been going on since May.  Four months and the amount of points to get something are still crazy high.  Please change the way you are doing this if anyone from AARP is reading this  

Kudos
Views