Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Regular Contributor

Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Is anyone else as surprised as I am by the large number of points some members have on Rewards for Goods?

I like taking some of the quizzes. I've signed up for newsletters and I try to go on the website daily but I'm still no where close to the thousands of points I see some people have.

How do they do it?  When I look over quizzes to take, there is no way to know if I've taken it before. I wish it would highlight in red or a star* or something to let me know which quizzes I have yet to take. Thanks for your input. 

Chloe
Regular Contributor

I know, It has been about a month now that I've seen the amount of points it takes to win things even a 5 dollar card---thousands of points.  I guess unless you can win things you have to keep earning them until you have a lot to play the auction.  I sure wish they would go back to the old way, I don't know how people still have so many points.

Honored Social Butterfly

@dg1070 and @BeachGirl23 It is tedious and it does take commitment to earn R4G points, but I have been at it close to 3 years, have spent maybe 80,000 points and currently have 647,000 points. It can be done. I've posted tips in this thread (and others) on how to earn more rewards points. I wish you both lots of points and many sweepstakes, contest and auction wins.

Use the forum seach tool to find the other tips. I generally tag these posts with 'r4g points', 'r4g earn points', 'earning rewards for good points' and 'r4g tips'.

Best wishes!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning Reward for Good point earners! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just earned 450 points on a new-ish task. Actually, the Dancing Through The Decades Quiz is an old task that has been updated. There are, as you can see below, no indications that this task is ready to give points, other than the fact that it has just been placed at the bottom of the middle column in the Be In The Know section. In my expereince, when a task is moved (or, as in this case, reappears) it will give points. So I checked and sure enough: 450 extra points are available. Go get em! ๐Ÿ™‚

The R4G Dancing Through The Decades task has been renewed and offers 450 pointsThe R4G Dancing Through The Decades task has been renewed and offers 450 points

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

All,

By the by, I'm on track to break 700,000 points this Sunday. With lots of clicking and dedication, you can earn oodles of points. Finding something you want to spend them on, well, that's different. LOL.

Gold Conversationalist

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

@HokiePoq A thundering Hurrah! and a Huzzbah! to boot to you for earning rewards points!

Here's what I've discovered about those calculators: if the rewards badge is on the left, I click on the 'calculate' button (the one on the left, as shown below).

click calculate to get your points.png 

If, however, as used to be the norm before the calculators required repair, the badge is near the center of the calculator, click on 'view report' (as shown below) to get your points. 

click 'view report' to get your points.png

Like you, I've enjoyed the opportunity to brush up on my Spanish via these tasks. While it is helpful knowing a bit of Spanish to complete the multi-page calculators, in my experience you can just click willy nilly on quiz answers and still get your points. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Some of the calculators refresh weekly (on Sunday) and some of them renew at the first of each month. I think I posted the list last month. Somewhere. LOL. The good news is that I tag all these tip posts with r4g earn points so a search will help you find those posts. ๐Ÿ™‚ (If you get email notices, those posts may be in your email account, too.)

Thanks for letting me know the tips are working for you. Here's hoping the auction prices come down to reasonable levels soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

Came back to mention: if the rewards badge doesn't show, I turn turn off Abblocker and refresh the page. Voila! Where there's a badge with a number in it, there's rewards! For expired (or broken) tasks, this does not work, but if there are points to be earned, it does.

Conversationalist

Thank you for the reply and good wishes. I do appreciate your insight into R4G.  I've been doing R4G for over 10 years and have seen quite a few changes in auction bid amounts and sweeps prizes over that period. I have tried my hardest to get more than my 90K points - pitiful I know - but get very frustrated when I click on a quiz only to find I already did it after I have waited for it to load. The person I mentioned in my post from customer service suggested I keep a spreadsheet with my R4G info in it including what I've already earned points on. Does anybody do this? I have a small business (HA! Very small as it's only me) and I manage it with my trusty spreadsheet so doing one for R4G is doable but sounds alot like work to me. I simply don't have the time.  I'm afraid R4G takes more committment than I am willing to put into it. That is fine as it is my choice. Perhaps someday life will slow down for me and I'll be able to devote the time and effort you and others are putting into it.

I've already learned alot from the forum and will keep checking back for more insight. I plan on using some of the tips to see if I progress in the points area. In the meantime, good luck with your points. Sounds like your 3 years will pay off as you'll have enough points to win an auction!

Thanks again for responding.

Honored Social Butterfly

@BeachGirl23 wrote:

I've been doing R4G for over 10 years and have seen quite a few changes in auction bid amounts and sweeps prizes over that period. I have tried my hardest to get more than my 90K points - pitiful I know - but get very frustrated when I click on a quiz only to find I already did it after I have waited for it to load. The person I mentioned in my post from customer service suggested I keep a spreadsheet with my R4G info in it including what I've already earned points on. Does anybody do this? I have a small business (HA! Very small as it's only me) and I manage it with my trusty spreadsheet so doing one for R4G is doable but sounds alot like work to me. I simply don't have the time.  I'm afraid R4G takes more committment than I am willing to put into it. That is fine as it is my choice. Perhaps someday life will slow down for me and I'll be able to devote the time and effort you and others are putting into it.

I am methodical: I started in the upper left corner of each section and went down the row until it was completed. Then I moved to the top of the next row. Initially (perhaps the first month) I spent over an hour a day on R4G. I was rehabbing a leg and needed to elevate it, so that wasn't an issue. After I worked all that was then available to me, the time spent daily reduced to about 6 minutes a day, maybe 15 on Sundays and probably close to half an hour at the first of the month. I do have a fast Internet connection and computer, which maybe helps, but I just go directly to the tasks that give points, work them and move on.

Every so often I spot check other tasks to see if they have been reset (I've earned thousands of surprise points this way) and, since I'm at R4G every day, new tasks stick out and I work them generally the week they are added.

Writing up the tips has taken some time, however I see so many people wondering how to earn points, and the auctions going for such ridiculously high point values, that I wanted to help if I could.

My best tip is this: Don't waste your time on the auctions! Buy the gift cards. ๐Ÿ™‚ I never bid on the auctions. I consider them a waste ot time. If, like AARP has said, the required points to win soon reverts to something reasonable, perhaps at some point in the future I'll bid on auctions, but when a $10 Whole Foods gift card sells for 500,000 (made up example) then that $10 'discount' is actually costing the 'winner' $5000 worth of rewards points. Pointless. 

I say earn the points now, keep asking that AARP offer us better Rewards values, and spend your hard earned points on better 'priced' rewards.

Honored Social Butterfly

I consider R4G points earning to be a brain game. Every day I approach it with this thought: how many points can I force this system to give up to me today? ๐Ÿ™‚

Conversationalist

I too am astounded at how many points some people have. I have noticed since sometime in May, 2017 the number of points to win an auction have gone up dramatically. It used to be rare that the points only auctions (guess that's all there is now) went over 100,000 points. Now they seem to start at 100K for beginning bids. I even called R4G to see if there was an error on the web site. Of course the 20 something person nicely told me that there was no error in the bids and proceeded to 'inform' me how I can earn more points. When I asked her how I would know whether or not I had taken a quiz or how I would know whether a point earning task was a one shot deal or recurring after a given length of time, she had no answer. She did tell me I could go to my account and see what I had completed. When I looked at that with her on the phone, I noted that there was no option to sort my activity by point earning tasks. I log in daily to enter their silly contests so I had thousands of entries for logging in and spending points on contests. Someplace in the midst of these thousands of entries are the tasks I performed to earn points. When I suggested that the display options should include point earning tasks she informed me that they are working on that. Having worked in IT all of my life, I do know that what I suggested is a very simple fix. I doubt they are working on anything to make life easier for the users.

I have basically given up on R4G except for the contests. Even those have changed as they used to have 50 winners per little contest and now it is 25. I used to try to win an occasional auction before the opening bid went well beyond my 90K points but never, ever won. I thought those were rigged as no activity would happen on bidding until I placed a bid then suddenly lots of other bids took place. This consistantly happened. I am beginning to think maybe the contests are rigged as well. I used to win like one every other month. Not any more. I expect I'll be giving up on the contests soon too.

Regular Contributor

So true. The whole thing is frustrating. I'll continue to not waste my time with R4G, unless I'm really just looking to pass time - dentist, doctor, etc.
Chloe
Regular Contributor

Yes, I've also noticed today the biginning of the month many opened up especially under the save more sections.  It shows there should be points to earn but it doesn't give you the points.  Sometimes when I call in the Rewards for good number they send me to customer service saying they don't put in the quizes and they send me back to Rewards for good.  I've asked them which ones open up daily, weekly, monthly and yearly but no one knows or has a list.  That would save a lot of time.

Honored Social Butterfly

@dg1070 wrote:

Yes, I've also noticed today the biginning of the month many opened up especially under the save more sections.  It shows there should be points to earn but it doesn't give you the points.  Sometimes when I call in the Rewards for good number they send me to customer service saying they don't put in the quizes and they send me back to Rewards for good.  I've asked them which ones open up daily, weekly, monthly and yearly but no one knows or has a list.  That would save a lot of time.

@dg1070 Here's that list you were hoping for. It's the list of what tasks I was able to do today to earn those 4776 points. I've posted the Sunday and the weekday list on that other thread. There are other ways to earn points --I mean ways I cannot do and am unable to talk about from experience-- things like Fitbit steps, I think some games, possibly some webinars and videos and some tasks that may require that you have the program Flash installed (which I don't use for security reasons).

May you earn ooodles of points and win lots of auctions!

I promised elsewhere to post screengrabs of the points I earned at the first of the month; however comments on that thread have been closed, so I'm posting here.

Today, a number of (I'm just being polite: most of is more accurate) the monthly renewing calculators show points available but are unwilling to award those points. Tomorrow I shall try again with a cleared cache and a rebooted computer ... and possibly a different browser. I'll list the calculators that did not work for me today in a bit, but first, here are the promised screengrabs of today's earnings. (4776 points)

first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4

Gold Conversationalist

All excited this morning to find a quiz with 1200 points! It's the Smart Driver one under In the Know section...BUT no points given on completion. Hope it works for someone else or this gets fixed.
Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem, & becoming VERY frustrated.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:
All excited this morning to find a quiz with 1200 points! It's the Smart Driver one under In the Know section...BUT no points given on completion. Hope it works for someone else or this gets fixed.

Good Morning, @HokiePoq and 1200 surprise points Happy Saturday! ๐Ÿ™‚

I zipped over to see if maybe the Smart Driver task had been reset,  but alas, I've worked it and was not able to coax another 1200 points from the system. (baby waa goes here)

I have suggestions, though, for your efforts to get it to release your points. Try  working the task a second (or third) time. Try unblocking ads. Try clearing your history (cache). Try logging out and logging back in before your work the task again. Try refreshing the page.

If none of this works, here's the tried and true route to getting those points awarded: take a screenshot of the task's badge (make sure the task is identifible) and then call the R4G number and ask them to award you the points. (They will verify facts before adding unawarded points to your account) If you get anything but an 'I'd love to help you with that' as a reply, email AARP your screenshot and type out the saga of the unawarded points. That should break the point log jam. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes!

Gold Conversationalist

The third time was the charm!   Hooray!  Finally got the elusive 1200 points.

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

The third time was the charm!   Hooray!  Finally got the elusive 1200 points.

@HokiePoq  Excellent!

Gold Conversationalist

I noticed just now that there is a fully functional new quiz called Ready for Retirement under the Work and Retirement section.   

Nice to see a new option....and the old 1200 one worked for me as well today!

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

I noticed just now that there is a fully functional new quiz called Ready for Retirement under the Work and Retirement section.   

Nice to see a new option....and the old 1200 one worked for me as well today!

@HokiePoqRah!

Thanks for the reminder. I saw that (and the others marked DOUBLE POINTS) in that seciton this AM, but the badge didn't show points and the pop-up said it would put me over the 5,000 point limit for the day, so tomorrow I'll go get 'em! ๐Ÿ™‚

To Everyone: my adblocker has to be off for the points badge to show. FWIW and all. 

Super Contributor

I took the quiz.  Small window  said "earn double points for a short period of time."  I earned 600, not 1,200.  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick and tired of this site constantly cheating most people out of most promised points. 

I'd sure like to know who's benefiting from this scam.  Do they think that keeping us on-line longer will make us spend more money?  On what?  This is supposed to be a) educational, b) fun, c) community oriented.  When did frustrating old people become the passtime of the techno-nerds who seem completely unable to fix these problems?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@CatGiorgia66  I am sorry you are frustrated with our Rewards for Good program.  I would like to clarify that the quizzes are worth 300 points, were you able to receive 600 points which was the doubled amount?  If not, please call our Customer Service department (Rewards for Good Center at 1-888-605-6432)  who can assist you in getting the correct amount of points for completing these. 

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Dear AARP Teri:

Thank you for posting a response.  I have a question:

Yes, I got the 600 points.  But, I'm confused...  What are the "1,200 points" quizzes other people are referring to in this thread?

I guess I thought the quiz was worth 600 and "double" would make it 1,200.  If, as you say, the quiz is only worth 300 and "double" makes it 600, where/what are the 1,200 points in the title of this thread?

NOTE TO OTHER MEMBERS:

If you find something interesting, worthwhile, etc., give the exact title of the quiz and/or copy and paste a link to the first page of the quiz.  PLEASE!!!!   Thank you.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CatGiorgia66 wrote:

NOTE TO OTHER MEMBERS:

If you find something interesting, worthwhile, etc., give the exact title of the quiz and/or copy and paste a link to the first page of the quiz.  PLEASE!!!!   Thank you.

@CatGiorgia66  The name of the 1200 point task has been listed by previous posters. You'll find it by reading the thread. (Also included in images below, as it happens.)

As to the thread's title: it was changed when a poster hit reply, but edited the automatically filled-in title before posting the new comment. Sorry about the confusion.

Check out these two screengrabs: they show you what happened with the title change.

new 1200 point quiz.jpgThread title.png

Honored Social Butterfly

@CatGiorgia66 wrote:

I took the quiz.  Small window  said "earn double points for a short period of time."  I earned 600, not 1,200.  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick and tired of this site constantly cheating most people out of most promised points. 

I'd sure like to know who's benefiting from this scam.  Do they think that keeping us on-line longer will make us spend more money?  On what?  This is supposed to be a) educational, b) fun, c) community oriented.  When did frustrating old people become the passtime of the techno-nerds who seem completely unable to fix these problems?

@CatGiorgia66  Excellent time to call customer service. They will verify that you were denied points and then add them to your balance. Worth the call, in my book. Heck last week, I called over 2 points. I figured it was worth it to alert them to the problem of not getting the member bonus. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes.

Honored Social Butterfly

Welp ... I went back, adblocker off, cache cleared, plenty of points left in my 5,000 point a day limit and not one of the newly labeled DOUBLE POINTS tasks had any points for me.

Sumptin smells fishy in Denmark.

Gold Conversationalist

Bummer...I got two out of three.   

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

Bummer...I got two out of three.   

@HokiePoq  Did you try the Spanish versions? 

Gold Conversationalist

@Epster  I did for two of them...couldn't find one for the Ready for Retirement Quiz.

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

@Epster  I did for two of them...couldn't find one for the Ready for Retirement Quiz.

@HokiePoq Yeah: the newer tasks don't seem to have Spanish versions.  Go figure.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP