Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How to Find Answers To Your Questions in Our Forums

Retired Community Manager

How to Find Answers To Your Questions in Our Forums

With our new "Accepted Solutions" feature you have the opportunity not only to ask questions, but also to rate the best answers—for yourself and for others. This feature will be available initially in the Caregiving, Computer Questions & Tips, and Work & Jobs forums, as well as the new AARP Help area coming soon.

How It Works

1. A user posts a question in the forum.
  2. This original poster chooses one (or more, if applicable) reply that best answers their question and marks it as an “Accepted Solution” by clicking on the ellipses option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the post and choosing the "Accept as Solution" option.
  3. A check mark icon then appears next to the original post and the solution.
  4. The header and background for the solution change to a distinctive color so that users scanning the post can easily locate it.
  5. A “Go to Solution” link is displayed in the original post to go directly to the solution.
  6. If the original poster doesn’t designate a reply to the post as a solution after 7 days, they will be sent a reminder to check responses to see if their question has been answered.

So, have something you want to know about, or just curious how this new feature works? Give it a try! And make sure to keep checking back on the responses so you can nominate the best one.

Retired Community Manager

Here is a visual of where to find the "Accept as Solution" option on posts:

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I bookmarked a political post in error. Despite reading a hint in the help section, which said to check the bookmarked item in the box next to it, the bookmarked post remains visible. What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

After a 4th try, I got a resolution. lol Go away "Murphy's Law Day"!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@angela1234  

When you checked the box you also need to select Delete bookmark, click on the Elipses as seen in this screen shot and you will get that option.  Let me know if this isn't successful for you.

bookmarks.JPG

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Thanks, Teri. For some reason I did not see the Ellipse earlier, but it "appeared" on that last try. Thanks so much for your help. It's nice to know you guys are looking out for us. Have a great day!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP