Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How to Become an Online Community ACE

Community Manager
Community Manager

How to Become an Online Community ACE

Hello Community Members!

We’re proud to offer the AARP Online Community ACE program, which helps recognize your contributions to our community by using recognition from your peers as the key criteria!

Why did we create this program? Because YOU are the key to our community. You are what keeps it strong by being there for others, by providing short cuts that help many, by providing insights that help us think differently, by answering questions and providing tips. Sometimes you make a difference just by being you – helping us smile, laugh and get through the day.

So, for doing the little things and for contributing in a big way, you deserve to be recognized by the people you serve, engage with and support. That’s why we’ve designed the program to be primarily based on the kudos you receive from fellow community members.

To date, 24 individuals have already qualified as ACEs and we’d like you to be one too. Here’s how:

• Upload your Profile Picture
  • Fill Out “Tell Us About Yourself” section
  • Share Your “Areas of Knowledge”
  • Receive 25 Kudos* during rolling six month period
  • Be in good standing without Community Violations for at least 30 days

*excluding on Politics, Current Events forum posts

It’s easy to get started by expanding the information about yourself in your newly enhanced "My Profile." You’ll also see a progress bar so you can see how close you are to becoming an ACE.

Profile Page 1.JPG

Once you become an ACE you will notice the ACE icon on your profile picture and the language / bar will change at the bottom of your profile.

Profile Page 2.JPG

Others will be able to see when you have become an ACE too, via the icon and viewing your profile.

Profile Page 3.JPG

Get started today and join the ranks of other ACEs who help keep our Community strong! 

For any questions or if you need help completing requirements, simply reply to this post or send us a private message! 

Social Butterfly

@AARPMichaelP Wondering why I've been withdrawn from the ACE program.  Rhymesometimes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rhymesometimes I see you are back as an ACE!

Social Butterfly

@AARPMichaelP Yes, thank you.  Didn't realize that when my photo was taken down a few weeks ago by AARP, that I had to replace it with a non-AARP avatar to get my ACE standing returned, until Angela ( @Anonymous ) told me. Thank you for checking in.   ---  Rhymes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhymesometimes put a avatar in your profile that is not an AARP one. When you do this, opt back in. It is automatic. We control that. I opted out again yesterday as I am leaving. Today is my last day. Take Care, hugs.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous Thank you for the tip. We were able to get a new avatar in the profile, very "Where's Waldo?" or "Cat in the Hat," thought my loomed hat tied in well with Rhymesometimes.  

You mentioned moving to Florida in June 2022 to be near your daughter and for a "Tiny House." They are pretty cool.  Went  through some models at the fairgrounds with a friend,  a few years back, she was considering buying one. Is that still the plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I luv it @Rhymesometimes 😁 Yes, she wants me nearer as I age. Hugs.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous That's awesome!   ---  Rhymes

Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPMichaelP   But in order to become an ACE  we  have to provide solutions. and as a Politics and Current Event member, I will never become an Ace ? because solutions are turned off? Therefore If I start posting in other forums will my ranking become higher?

no name
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@AARPMichaelP   But in order to become an ACE  we  have to provide solutions. and as a Politics and Current Event member, I will never become an Ace ? because solutions are turned off? Therefore If I start posting in other forums will my ranking become higher?

Solutions have nothing to do with becoming an ACE. Rankings are separate from the ACE Role.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPMichaelP   Thank you,, I will review the steps to become an ACE 

no name
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP