Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How do you delete a reply to a forum topic

Regular Contributor

How do you delete a reply to a forum topic

Is there any way to delete a reply you put up in the forums?

I replied to someone and complimented a picture they put up but my reply showed up elsewhere in the forum topic!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I don't know if there's a direct control by the poster but what I have done is:

Step 1 - edit my existing post to remove anything and then enter a bland comment like "Removed by Poster"

Step 2 - Click the link that says "Report Inappropriate Content", which notifies the moderators, and say something like "I posted this in the wrong forum. Can you delete it please? Thank you" 

Step 3 - I would repost in the correct place that I want.

I have seen a number of posts that were obviously posted in the wrong forum (some responses to existing posts (don't know how that happens), some new posts). I have at times followed Step 2 but with a note that "I think this is in the wrong place. Maybe it belongs over here...". And in my experience the post has always been moved, and I wasn't even the original poster in such a case! But I was trying to help things out. The Community.

@sh58233857 wrote:

Is there any way to delete a reply you put up in the forums?

I replied to someone and complimented a picture they put up but my reply showed up elsewhere in the forum topic!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP