Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

DAILY INSTANT WIN GIFT CARDS

Sort of new to the rewards points been doing this for about a half a year...

Has anyone actually ever won any of these things??  Seems like an absolute waste of time.   

And how the heck does anyone ever have the chance to buy one of the gift cards for sale (for POINTS)  they're always sold out???

What's the real point of watching all these videos for points if you cant trade them in for something REAL??

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I have a question about the Instant Win Games. I've noticed on the Transaction History that some of the Instant Win Games have Redemption next to them. Do they count towards our 3 Redemption per month? For my last question, I've noticed in the Instant Win Games odds depends on how many people enter and the number of prizes. Does this make any sense to anyone? What kind of new math is this 🤔 . Also has anyone checked out the Winners list like I mentioned. Susan M has won quite a bit of times 

I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@al45009948 There is a limit of 1 play for each Instant Win per day. There is no limit on the number of times you can win. It does not count towards the 3 redemptions per month limit. That 3 redemptions per month limit includes points only merchandise, gift cards and Daily Deals; it excludes Instant Win Plays and Sweepstakes. 

Some items in the transaction history show the word "Redemption" just to identify the transaction as a redemption to distinguish it from an earn activity.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Thank you Janelle M for that information.  Here's a example of what I'm talking about ( 6/25/2021

1 $10 Athleta eGiftCard intant win play Redemption

-50 ). They even misspelled the word Instant. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 😊. I've asked the same question. This is why I've stopped accumulating points. I'd like to know also who or how many Instant Win gift cards are won on any given day. It says be 1 of 100 winners and these same Instant Win gift cards seem to be there forever. I won a Instant Win gift card back before this new Rewards program. The odds of winning depends on how many people ( not just Members ) play for a perticular game. Does this make any sense. Someone please explain it to me. I'm not sure, but around October everything just fell apart with the AARP Rewards Program. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Periodic Contributor

I feel the same way!  I did win an Instant Win gift card but it was prior to the new program also.  Where do you go to see the winners list?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

On the Redeem page look down at the bottom and you'll see  (  *No Purchase or Points Necessary.

Open to AARP Rewards participants only. See the Official Rules for Sweepstakes and Daily Instant Win Games for all details, alternate methods of entry, end dates, odds and prize descriptions. ) This will download a PDF file. You then need to copy the link at the bottom and paste it in your browser. 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos

I agree.  I have a ton of points, but can only use them to enter sweepstakes or instant win -neither of which I ever win.  Gift cards are always sold out.  Seems like a scam.

Regular Contributor

Winning sweepstakes, or instant win is a numbers game, it is all about statistics and well yeah some luck.  Persistence is key to winning.  As far as the gift cards are concerned, you have to be willing to check the site numerous times a day when a new gift card shows up to spend your points on. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP