Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

A nice massage would be great. That's a wonderful idea.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would donate the $200 to my favorite charity, Animals Asia, to rescue bears and other animals from bile farms and cruelty. I would spend the day with my family. 

0 Kudos

By groceries take my dog to the Vet

Contributor

I would buy Me Some butterfly bushes and  Lots   Miracle grow potting soil and and A  small tree for My Back yard And Enjoy playing in Dirt in My Backyard❤❤

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would ride to the beach and spend the day & night watching the waves come in 😎

Boddy C
0 Kudos

Go with my cousin for a staycation spa day!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take an afternoon of much needed respite from family caregiving to enjoy a massage.

0 Kudos

I would take my son zip lining at Red River Gorge, hike at Natural Bridge and eat the fabulous barbeque there at a local eatery. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I won, I would enjoy a day at the spa.  I work in healthcare, and as the pandemic winds down and more and more are vaccinated, I could use a day of relaxation!

0 Kudos

i would take myself out to eat and do some shopping for my grandkids

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy some groceries 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Since turning 50 years old I've finally started to take care of myself something I haven't done most of my life, so I would treat myself to a spa day dedicated to me exclusively. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take a staycation with my children and grandchildren.  This would include one of my favorite hobbies, which is fishing!

0 Kudos
Contributor

After spending the last year being very careful to stay away from others--we haven't been in a grocery store since March 2020--seriously isolated, I would take my amazing husband to Virginia Beach for the day.  We would thank you for making the beach umbrella and chair rentals possible, have a great meal, and toast to having been vaccinated and able to reenter the world and feel safe again. 

0 Kudos

As a mental health provider working throughout the pandemic, I'd use the money to take a day off from my private practice to focus on self-care (a massage, a facial, meditation, and a walk in the woods) to replenish my energy and emotional resilience. 

0 Kudos

Today is our 11th Wedding Anniversary, so I would take my wife out for a COVID safe meal and enjoy a Netflix and chill evening.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to take a bus & finally go meet my 4 grandchildren in Michigan. Ive never had the money to go, & have never seen them in person, they are 6,4,2,10 months! I've been a grandma this long & have never got to even hug or kiss them!

Absolutely NOTHING! Disconnect from technology and just BE!

I would go out for lunch with a couple of friends I haven’t seen in almost a year😊

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would first Thank God for allowing me to win if i do .Then i would use the money to gather a nice dinner and plan a romantic date with my husband .Alone time so much needed especially without the grandkids.Then get my hair done have not been done in two to three years.Lost it under depression.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would get the soil& seeds I need for a pollination & vegetable garden, as well as more wood to build up the sides.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would spend it on a spa day including hair and facial.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I would love to take a road trip to visit a beloved relative who will be turning 90 years old this spring! Neither of us has taken a road trip since Thanksgiving before the pandemic. We look so forward to celebrating a 90th birthday with family; while socially distanced! I would love this road trip... visiting my husband’s mom who is like a second mom to me! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would postpone my day off until I got my DVD's from shopPBS and then I would take hours to devour them.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would dine at Ruth & Chris Steak House in Ann Arbor, Michigan with my adult children.

0 Kudos

I would like to have a relaxing day with my husband and eat our favorite food. Sashimi and sushi!!

0 Kudos

I would take time off from moving to another state and help in taking care of our grandson.  His Mom now will be going back to work and she is worried about getting a baby sitter while she is working.

0 Kudos

i know some real close friends that need $$ to help pay the rent because their hours at their job has been taken away. I would also pay some bills too. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would pick up take a 100% disabled veteran to lunch at his favorite restaurant.  He has been isolated alone for 15 months and recently got his covid shots so he can now go out of his house.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hotel

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP