Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Bronze Conversationalist

I would take my wife for a scenic ride along the NH coast and stop at our favorite seafood restaurant for lobster rolls! We would stay in the car and watch the waves while enjoying our meal and spending time away from our home. A pandemic freedom day!

Info Seeker

Postman I like UR idea that is what I would do too. with my friend.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my husband out shopping and get some lunch at a nice restaurant.

If I won $200 I would go get a medi pedi and take out dinner and relax at home

Info Seeker

I would spend the day with my husband. We'd go out of town for a local lunch and dinner and explore Louisville all day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I buy  groceries 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri  OK...I’ll go first! In the morning I would get up with my youngest son, who is a senior in high school, and make him his favorite breakfast of eggs, sausage and toast; before he heads off to school or Zoom. He usually just grabs a granola bar. Secondly, I would head north to my daughter’s college, pick her up; and take her to her favorite nearby sub shop for lunch. Finally, I would invite my oldest son (who just got his own apartment) out to have dinner with us. My husband would light up the grill for chicken and we’d have chicken/shrimp fettuccine Alfredo...one of their favorites. The $200 would more than cover the cost of the meals and I would get to spend time with my four favorite people!

I would try snd do nothing for one whole day convincing myself I was getting paid for it since for whatever reason , I can never just relax without some justifiable benefit (which seldom occurs) 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my grandson (6yrs. Old) out to lunch and take him to the bounce house to play.  He would love it!  I would be happy to see him smile

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would by dear friend a walker and cane  

0 Kudos
Contributor

@KristinK693360 wrote:

I would by dear friend a walker and cane  

That is so nice.  You are a good friend.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Dinner with a few friends and enjoy ourselves. shop around for items that we need and then take a stand to enjoy a movie.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Travel away from the home site see and just enjoy the moment and relax at a motel and get some sleep.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

$200 would be the ideal amt to enjoy myself and just stay from home for a week-in with nobody to bother me. Just enjoy my self and not have to hear anything around me Just enjoy the day to my self.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

A day at the spa would be great. Enjoying the spa and getting a much-needed massage. This is really needed by me. sense the panic I was unable to do this because of so many people there and I need to stay 6 ft away from people and they need to stay 6 ft away from me.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

One great thing is being at the beach and looking at the water and enjoying all the people and site seeing the lake and riding on the yacht. I find that awesome. This would make up for the times I was unable to go to the beach with this panic.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would get up early and go to wild life preserver and Watch goats.  Then jog.  Would go to boat dock and read.  Then home to get ready for Red Lobster Dinner.

0 Kudos

I would take my husband to a nice quiet road trip, he deserves it as much as I do..we have not had one way before the world shut down..it would be a treat 🥰

0 Kudos

I would  take the  day off and  do  some  gardening.  That's what I  would do  with the  day  off and  $200.00.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would try to find 10 homeless people and give them $10 each to buy themselves a treat and find 5 single mothers and give $20 each to take their kids out for treats.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get up with sun. My wife walk down to the lake shore with skillet bacon and eggs. Build a small fire and cook breakfast over the cam fire while watching the sun rise, fish leaping on the lake and birds singing in the trees. 

Once done with breakfast go rent two horses and ride through all moisture laden fields of Texas Blue Bonnets. 

When done with the ride the two of us go get a manicure and pedicure. 

Then go to the Dallas Arboretum and gaze in awe at the 10's of thousands of flowers opening to the bright of day. 

When done there go to a local tea house for some cookies and tea. Now in the early afternoon go to the 6 Flags amusement park for a couple thrilling roller coaster rides. Top off late afternoon and go to Soulmans barbecue for the best ribs and brisket in Texas. Finally satiated with excellent food and exercise we would go catch the latest movie and enjoy a bottle of wine and call it a day. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker ++

If I won $200.00 to spend any way I want to on myself, I would use it to buy things I need for the apartment I am moving into. Or, if I do buy a house instead, I will buy items for the home

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would start by sleeping in then spending a relaxing day at the beach with my husband. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would use some of it to help our restaurant workers who are out of a job, treats for my dog, and some new reading material for myself. I will spend the day with my dog at the beach and just read and relax.

Contributor

I would take a leisurely drive to the mountains and stop and have lunch at nice little restaurant along the way and look at the wonderful sites of my state Virginia. Go to the little shops and pick up my grandchildren gifts. Treat myself to a nice quiet day out.

I WOULD SLEEP LATER THAN 7.30AM WHICH IS WHEN I GET UP TO GO TO WORK GO OUT FOR BREAKFAST GO SHOPPING FOR PERSONAL STUFF HAVE LUNCH AT A NICE RESTAURANT

Contributor

I would go to the cabin and use the money for food, wine and gas for 4 wheeler rides with my beautiful wife. 

Regular Social Butterfly

I  have been making hats for newborns for months now so I'd finally treat myself to a much-needed haircut and perm. Then I'd give the rest to my Grand Daughter who is in Nursing school raising a 1 1/2 yr old by herself. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Contributor

I would fill the gas tank on my boat  and then Cruise all day !

Contributor

I wound get a total body massage.  Pamper myself. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP