Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

I would gift it to my youngest grandson. He'll be graduating high school soon and starting college.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would have a Spa Day with my 81 year old mother!

I would invite my best friend over and spend the day in the sun, beside my pool! Then I would make reservations at my favorite restaurant and be waited on. 
it has been a horrible time for us during the pandemic. I need just one day to do nothing and be waited on!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy grocery & pay some bills since we wasn’t lucky this time around for the 3rd Stimulus check .......

0 Kudos
Contributor

This month has been a month of revelations and challenges, so I would invite a friend and we would have a spa day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would invite my daughter on a road trip we are going through so much especially her juggling work and online classes with 3 kids due to covid . She needs a break . we would stop at music stores and buy records and eat sea food and get our feet done . And we would just sing , talk , and pray for wisdom to make it through the difficult times we are dealing with. 

0 Kudos

Take the grandkids to a local nursery to buy fruits and veggies to plant. Then teach them how to grow their own food. 

0 Kudos

I would enjoy a spa day for me and a friend!

0 Kudos

I am an elderly senior in a wheelchair. My insurance does not pay for transportation. I have been offered the covid vaccine twice but could not get there. I also have a walker . and could take lyft. But they are taking advantage of pandemic and doubled their prices. I would take Lyft to get covid shot with the money. I have fixed income. I have not received stimulus. No seniors have. The illegals come first in california . The governor Newsome caters to the Pelosi nephew Newsom. Who is soon to be recalled for his terrible hypocritical agenda. Literally destroyed the state catering to them. So I do not expect my stimulus. Somebody has to pay for seniors hospital bill after BLM or Antifa beat them in their wheelchair. He paid the illegals stimulus without even consulting the people. AND gave them more than Americans got. I would also find a nice AMERICAN ( if one exist ) restaurant and eat something where the menu does list tacos and burritos and rice and beans.

0 Kudos

I would take my money and go to Las Vegas I need a get away.

0 Kudos

I would go and visit my granddaughter by Amtrak downstate who I haven't seen in two and a half years.  And take her out to dinner

0 Kudos
Contributor

Go whale watching.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Definitely a spa day - massage, a new haircut, a nice lunch out, and maybe even a night in a hotel.

0 Kudos

My mother has literally been at home since covid began "other than doctors appts." I would have all of her grand and greatgrand children over for a much needed reunion......social distancing of course."Outdoors"😊 She misses them all so much. She's 81yrs. old and misses them dearly.   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would treat myself with a mani & pedi.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take the 200 and treat a group of children at a local camp or donate it to a local food bank.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Having moved to a new state for a new job then winding up working remotely after COVID for a fuller year I need a mental health day and time off for self-care. I would use the $200 for a daytrip /spa outing and a nice bottle of wine. Definitely would be in a natural surrounding to bask in the quiet and get myself centered and calm. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take time for myself this one time in my life instead always doing for others.

I be would love to win! I need a dog fence to keep my baby safe. 

0 Kudos

I would Love to have a relaxing spa day and get pampered all day. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I know I wouldn't win but I just thank God for his blessings anyway.

Take a picnic basket with fruits and vegetables and drinks to the beach with my kindle and a hamac and read the entire day!

0 Kudos

I would go have a Spa Day. At 64 yrs of age, I have never been to a Spa. Would love to have a facial.  Then I would end the day at IKEA, (my fav) walk the whole store.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would take a leisurely walk in the Metro Park with my wife. Then perhaps to a movie and a very special romantic dinner for two.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would make it a day to indulge all of my senses!  I live in the Philadelphia area and there are so many wonderful gardens and trails...Longwood Gardens and Valley Forge Park, just to name two.  I would create a playlist on my phone and download songs that bring me joy and make me feel hopeful.  I would get takeout with my favorite food.  (Maybe a massage too?)   Then I would rent or download a great movie that is fun and escapist and sit with my beloved pets and watch it.  I would take money that I have left over to donate to my favorite charity.  Then take a long bubbly bath and slip into bed for a good night's sleep.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’d use that money to purchase some sod for my yard. My grandkids are playing in a dirt courtyard right now, and it would be really nice if I had some grass out there for them to play on. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

With $200 and a day off, I'd hire a professional to perform some much-needed home repairs (using my AARP discount, of course), then run errands for elderly relatives and neighbors.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would meet my closest relatives half way between our cities at a beautiful little town,  perhaps reserve a large enough room that we could socially distance at a restaurant there and do some walking through the local parks and lake, 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my sister to the beach ️ for a weekend.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would get a facial and take my husband out for a date!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP