- AARP Online Community
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Connect
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
I would invite my best friend over and spend the day in the sun, beside my pool! Then I would make reservations at my favorite restaurant and be waited on.
it has been a horrible time for us during the pandemic. I need just one day to do nothing and be waited on!!!
I would invite my daughter on a road trip we are going through so much especially her juggling work and online classes with 3 kids due to covid . She needs a break . we would stop at music stores and buy records and eat sea food and get our feet done . And we would just sing , talk , and pray for wisdom to make it through the difficult times we are dealing with.
I am an elderly senior in a wheelchair. My insurance does not pay for transportation. I have been offered the covid vaccine twice but could not get there. I also have a walker . and could take lyft. But they are taking advantage of pandemic and doubled their prices. I would take Lyft to get covid shot with the money. I have fixed income. I have not received stimulus. No seniors have. The illegals come first in california . The governor Newsome caters to the Pelosi nephew Newsom. Who is soon to be recalled for his terrible hypocritical agenda. Literally destroyed the state catering to them. So I do not expect my stimulus. Somebody has to pay for seniors hospital bill after BLM or Antifa beat them in their wheelchair. He paid the illegals stimulus without even consulting the people. AND gave them more than Americans got. I would also find a nice AMERICAN ( if one exist ) restaurant and eat something where the menu does list tacos and burritos and rice and beans.
My mother has literally been at home since covid began "other than doctors appts." I would have all of her grand and greatgrand children over for a much needed reunion......social distancing of course."Outdoors"😊 She misses them all so much. She's 81yrs. old and misses them dearly.
Having moved to a new state for a new job then winding up working remotely after COVID for a fuller year I need a mental health day and time off for self-care. I would use the $200 for a daytrip /spa outing and a nice bottle of wine. Definitely would be in a natural surrounding to bask in the quiet and get myself centered and calm.
I would go have a Spa Day. At 64 yrs of age, I have never been to a Spa. Would love to have a facial. Then I would end the day at IKEA, (my fav) walk the whole store.
I would make it a day to indulge all of my senses! I live in the Philadelphia area and there are so many wonderful gardens and trails...Longwood Gardens and Valley Forge Park, just to name two. I would create a playlist on my phone and download songs that bring me joy and make me feel hopeful. I would get takeout with my favorite food. (Maybe a massage too?) Then I would rent or download a great movie that is fun and escapist and sit with my beloved pets and watch it. I would take money that I have left over to donate to my favorite charity. Then take a long bubbly bath and slip into bed for a good night's sleep.
AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Help
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
New Feature: Right Again! Trivia's Private Friends Network -- build your own friends network and share scores to see who's on top each day. Try it now!
Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync now.
From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.