Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri

With $200 and a day off, I would get a massage and take a trip to the beach!  Work at the hospital has been very stressful!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Go out to dinner and a movie with my husband - it seems like forever since we have dined out.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take a-me day at a hotel. I would relax and spend time by myself.

Contributor

Since the pandemic, we spend most days writing letters telling people about God’s Kingdom, and inviting people to the Memorial Celebration of Jesus’ death being held on March 27th worldwide.  With the $200 I’d buy more stamps to send out more letters, but I’d keep out $50  to buy 3 really good Thai lunches of Soft Shell Crabs with Mango Salads for myself, hubby, daughter and 2 friends.  For an invitation to that free event, go to jw.org. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

With $200 & a day off, I would visit my favorite salon for a hair appointment & a professional massage.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I could do so many things. A facial & massage. Buy pots so I can have some easy maintenance flowers. Go shopping for home decor. Pamper myself with new lotions and essential oils. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would put half in savings and spend the other half on groceries. Money has been tight lately. 

Contributor

I would go to the spa and get a haircut, I’m waaay overdue.

Contributor

My day off I will take the $200 and donate it to Taylor Cares to feed the homeless in my community breakfast.

0 Kudos

Take grandson to lake and play

Contributor

I would get a massage, mani and pedi......#SelfCare

Sandie Brownlee-Thompson

Take a short weekend trip to the beach! 

I'd book a 90-minute massage to more fully de-stress, tip my masseuse well, and order dinner from my favorite local restaurant, to be eaten over candlelight. Then early to bed, ready to awaken refreshed.

Contributor

I would get ready to start my vegetable beds ready to plant when the weather warms up.  I am looking forward to shopping for my seeds and plants.  It has been a hard winter and right now it is still cold and western Ne. is getting lots of snow yet.  I could get quite a few of my supplies if I were to be lucky.

0 Kudos

I used to be a fantastic gardener until I got older. I had some physical issues that almost took me totally away from gardening.  I couldn’t let that happen so I decided to switch to raised beds last year. I had several installed, planted my seedlings ... and then broke my ankle! The break became complicated and I could not leave the house. My gardens ended up a mess. If I won, I would have the means to get it started again! I would buy more soil and start more seeds and even buy a bench do I could sit out in my sacred place again!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would take a trip from NC to MD to visit my sister in the hospital. I would spend the night in the Staybridge Suite Inner Harbor.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would spend 2 hours to check out AARP staying sharp; 0.5 hour to do exercise with Denise Austin; 2 hours to spend in the kitchen (I would like to master cooking basmati rice without using rice cooker :)); 1 hour to teach coding to kids; 2 hours not to do anything but thinking (hmmmm .. can thinking be considered as doing nothing?).

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my wife and go for a very nice, long drive out of the city. We would hit the road and stay overnight at a hotel. We love to enjoy the fresh outdoors and long to get out after a very long year of lock-down.

Contributor

I would visit the Missouri Botanical Garden, and visit their gift shop! Then, head over to our local Italian district, The Hill to enjoy an amazing lunch. On the 35 mile trip home, I would stop at our local family-owned garden shop to pick up some beautiful flowers to plant in our home!

0 Kudos

A new garden fence would be the project for the day!

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Good Day Teri AARP:

I've thought about this for quite a few moments & my ultimate simple in taking everything of the past year into consideration of a Day Off with $200.00.

A day off of work, school, adult responsibilities to actually do nothing absolutely nothing to leave myself be with nothing to do in the Day of off. I can & would enjoy that AARP: A Day off of Simple nothing.
With $200.00 to go along with a day off from everything I would probably save it as a souvenir of surpassing the mexican beer virus where one stupid idea can delete the whole human race; save it for a healthier environment to go out & Enjoy Existence again. 🌻

Thank you for allowing me to express myself in simple Teri

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

spend the day and the night at Big Meadows in the Shenandoah National Park...1

0 Kudos

My granddaughter is getting married and I will be looking for a dress to wear.So a day out with my daughters.

0 Kudos

I would buy some really nice rose bushes and plant them in rememberence of my mom rose

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would give 100 dollars to a charity! And the other 100 I would by food and cook to feed my family! Amen

0 Kudos

Take my grandson out and enjoy our day

0 Kudos

Flea market

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd purchase plants and start the landscaping project for our new home. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take the $200 and redo my herb and flower beds that were ravaged by the ice storm recently in Natchez Mississippi. This unusual extreme weather destroyed most landscapes here.

0 Kudos

I would take my family out for dinner. We all to busy to sit and talk, so I think this would be a nice change.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP