- AARP Online Community
- Ideas, Tips & Answers
- AARP Rewards
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
- ITA Archive
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- The Girlfriend
- Home & Family Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
I would buy an awesome beach blanket, a beach umbrella and a cute picnic basket. I'd fill it with some cheese, deli meat, french bread, condiments & fresh fruit. I'd put the top down on my 1972 Convertible VW Bug , drive to the nearest gas station and "fill er up" with gas. I'd then drive down PCH out to Malibu. I'd find a spot with a great Ocean view and set up, turn on my music and soak in the sun. For me, the ocean (sun & air) have some sort of magical healing powers. Ahhhh! I can picture it all in my mind.
Enjoying the days ahead and praying that we can get through this Pandemic, It's not easy to try to do the things you are used to doing, we have to stay safe at all times. This Virus is not over and it won't be anytime soon. We may as well get with the program and stay safe.
God be with all of you out there, just be safe. I do my best to stay safe and you all should too.
Healthy Food, enjoy the good food. I would take $200 and go to dinner and eat healthy food. Stay away from home for the week-in and enjoy the week-in. Along with enjoying myself with nobody to bother me no cell phone. Just one week-in to enjoy my self.
I would get in my car and take a drive to another State somewhere I would feel safe and enjoy myself of course No one is ever safe no matter where you go. No bill paying, no disturbing, no worries just a pleasant day alone to relax my mind and do nothing.
I would have my grand kids over who I have not seen in a year because of Covid-19. And order some food and have it delivered. Then we can all sit outside under tent and eat, laugh and catch up with each other. I have missed them so much and now that I am fully vaccinated I can finally see them
Just after Thanksgiving 2020, a childhood friend found me on Facebook after I commented on her post, not knowing she was my long lost friend whom I hadn't seen in 50 years. Turns out we live only 50 miles away, but because of Covid we haven't seen each other in person yet. We're now keeping a list of day trips we want to take together after we're both fully vaccinated. I'd love to be able to take her to lunch when we finally meet again in person. We went to school together and were in the same classes from preschool through fourth grade in the late 60s/early 70s. We've got a lot of catching up to do!
Lovely idea, the panic has caused us to not visit family and friends, It has been a year now that we can't visit our family also do things that we would normally do on a regular basis. it's been terrible for me not being able to do things that I like to do but we must give God thanks that we are still alive.