Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

OH! I would go to the Zoo with my favorite child, have a lunch at the local pizza joint, visit my soul mate at Cave Hill Cemetery and sleep the rest of the weary!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just after Thanksgiving 2020, a childhood friend found me on Facebook after I commented on her post, not knowing she was my long lost friend whom I hadn't seen in 50 years. Turns out we live only 50 miles away, but because of Covid we haven't seen each other in person yet. We're now keeping a list of day trips we want to take together after we're both fully vaccinated. I'd love to be able to take her to lunch when we finally meet again in person. We went to school together and were in the same classes from preschool through fourth grade in the late 60s/early 70s. We've got a lot of catching up to do! 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would give $20.00 each to 5 essential workers.

The other $100.00 I would use for a night at a hotel close to where my husband is getting his radiation treatments.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Ready to entertain family and friend that I haven't seen in over a year>

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Lovely idea, the panic has caused us to not visit family and friends, It has been a year now that we can't visit our family also do things that we would normally do on a regular basis. it's been terrible for me not being able to do things that I like to do but we must give God thanks that we are still alive. 

0 Kudos

I would donate a portion to my church, take my dog to the vet for a full examination, if anything left, I would buy a rib-eye steak.

Contributor

I would take a Spa day to pamper myself go to one of my favorite restaurants and head to the beach, walk the boardwalk near the ocean for my me time 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

The last 5 years has been filled with crisis for my family. However, this is my most current story that I could use $200 to relax for the day. November 27, I had hand surgery. December 4 my husband fell in the bathroom and took his first ambulance ride at 87 years young. He spend the day in ED dept. and due to Covid-19 rules, I was unable to be with him. December 22nd, my husband, Mike, and I both tested positive for Covid-19. On December 24th I dropped him at the ED department at the hospital. Due again to Covid-19 restrictions I was unable to be with his. On December 29, 2020, I was called and told he was dying. I ask to come be with him, but was told no. My daughter and niece were able to be outside his room. My niece's phone played "Good Morning Beautiful" while the nurse FaceTimed Mike and I. I was able to speak to him as he transitioned. Since December 29, I have been getting everything in order.

I could use a day of pampering to relax.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

If I became the winner of the $200. I would do a in home massage, I work with children from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm and it takes a tole on my body. After that great massage I would order in some lunch and  spend the day catching up on my reading. I have so many books I would love to read.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use the $200. for mini vacations that I have longed to do for over a year.  A trip to our local botanical gardens, the zoo's rain forest, the history museum and a nice sit down dinner in a good restaurant with my friend. Chris 

0 Kudos

I would visit a domestic violence women's shelter and choose a woman to enjoy a seafood lunch, and a stroll through the Botanical Gardens.

0 Kudos

For the first time in 50 years I had a summer off; I am a special education school teacher. Like many of my generation I started working in my mid teens. (My first job was babysitting a family of 5, their parents owned a breakfast/lunch dinner.)  I have spent vacations and weekends working as a lifeguard, a tutor, a server / waitress.  My husband and I have raised two amazing sons.  Our anniversary was last June, 40 years together.  COVID came and my weekend get away disappeared. (As did my second job; which is why I had last summer off,) I would like to celebrate our life together.  Perhaps a nice drive to get out of the house, a grocery trip for a special meal, a family dinner. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

It's March and that means fresh new season, fresh air and kites. I would go flying and sailing in the wind like my kite. I would like to circle the world, but I'm try to let my kite explore while I'll stay on the ground. Trust me, seeing him free will make me free, also.

0 Kudos

if i win the $200 I'd make a window garden to grow chives, cilantro and parsley to have fresh when i cook it whoud be great toall fresh 

0 Kudos

I would take my daughters and let them split the amount between them.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use the money to go visit my daughters, so I could give them hugs in person instead of virtual! We all have had our Covid vaccination and I need a hug!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would book a spa day and get a facial/mini-pedi

0 Kudos

I would get a massage, manicure and a pedicure for myself, my husband and my two sons.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get some new plants and planters. Spend the day gardening!

My husband passed onThanksgiving & my dog on Valentine's Day so it has been a pretty depressing few months let alone this COVID 19 lockdown & so much I have to do with little time for myself.  I would get a massage.

Go to the Zoo 

Contributor

Buy my youngest son a new piece of musical equipment!

Contributor

The first thing to come to mind is how much I've wanted for years to spend a weekend exploring The Historic Columbia River Gorge Highway in north Oregon that runs from Troutdale to Cascade Locks. Lots of waterfalls, parks, historical sites, greenery, hiking trails, viewpoints, etc. along the length of it. Take along some sandwiches, camping gear, fishing tackle, camera, and a friend or two. Explore, relax, enjoy... Check out some antique shops at either end of the area. Visit some natural hot springs nearby to soak & bathe in the deliciously warm water that never runs out... unlike most hot water heaters. 🙂 When I return to "civilization," visit a yummy little burger & ice cream shack in Cascade Locks. ❤️

Contributor

I would treat my 2 sisters & sister in law to manicure & pedicures & lunch!

I would spend a day at a spa with my husband getting massages and pedicures

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

If lucky enough to win, I would focus on my only child, my Son, who came to rescue me after many years of domestic abuse that had finally escalated to physical violence. We BOTH would benefit from massages then spending time together doing anything or nothing. There is no $$value on this!

Contributor

I would curl up with a book in my favorite lawn chair on the porch - after planning a fun dinner reservation!!

Contributor

I would buy items for an organization that’s close to my heart

I enjoy taking a walk in the woods. it fuels my soul.

Recognized Social Butterfly

I would go to New York go have lunch then shop to I drop with $200 .

Racquel Evans
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP