Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

I already sketched a couple of flower beds for my back and front yards so I'll use the $200 to purchase plants. OR... finally enclose my back porch. 

I would buy paint to do the outside doors!

I would buy flowers & plants to put in my yard!

Contributor

I would get a new screen door that I really need!!

Contributor

I would get my haircut and styled and get a massage. I broke my leg a month into the Covid shut down and have not been able to go out much sense. Since my leg is much better I can know physically endure a massage which is much needed

Contributor

I would love to take the day off and get my birthday massage that I've been unable to enjoy since last year because of Covid-19. I would spend the $200 on pantry items needed at the Mercy Seed Resource Center.

I would take an RV trip with my family to a beautiful park so we can enjoy nature and each other.  People are leaving this world too fast without living.  This would give us a chance to live.  Cooking on a campfire, hiking, swimming, bird watching, smelling the air. Hopefully, this will mend some broken hearts and restore relationships.

I would spend the day driving to visit my kids and bring them a surprise of grocery items for their favorite homemade meals so that we could FaceTime and make them together. ❤️

Contributor

If I win I would spend a day with my wife 

Contributor

Go to a supper club for a meal

I would spend the day doing pampering myself with DIY spa treatments!

Contributor

I would spend the day with my family making memories and relaxing.  I would then take the family out for a nice seafood dinner to top off the day!!!

I would sleep later than 6:00am take a long leisurely bath and actually taste the coffee in the morning.  Then take my grandson to the local Children's Museum and lunch with him & my daughter.  Nothing rushed.  Planned yet leisurely.

Contributor

I would go shopping.

I would get a massage and remove some of the stress of the last year. Then I would go to lunch and do some shopping that I have not been able to do for so long. Then I would go house and just relax and think of a couple of things I would like for the house

With $200 and a day off, I'd support my local businesses as much as possible: for example, get a nice take-out dinner for my family, purchase coffee and baked goods from a nearby bakery/coffee shop, hire my local plumbing company to put a new toilet in my house, etc. Oh...and maybe get a massage, too! 🙂

Periodic Contributor

I would sleep in late, have some coffee while sitting in the backyard with my husband.  Do an online yoga class and go for a walk outside (AZ weather is nice right now).  Order some pick up sushi and stop at a doughnut place for some doughnuts.  Use the rest of the money to order some nice things for the house.  Just relax the rest of the day and enjoy the company of my husband and our cats.

Contributor

Go Fishing and clean and cook fish lake side

Contributor

I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plants and vegetables, enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.

I'd get the full deal at my local spa (facial, massage, manicure, pedicure). I would also sequester myself away somewhere alone and throw myself into my creative writing (i'm writing a book on my grandparents).

Contributor

I would take the day off and sit/lay by the water and watch the waves to relax.

Bronze Conversationalist

My son and daughter-in-law with their two young boys are planning to move to North Carolina as soon as possible after her folks sell their house in Draper, Utah, and the folks find another suitable one in NC. They plan to put the house on the market this coming week. With the real estate market so hot in our area right now, I think they'll have several offers within a day of listing.

After moving to NC, my son and daughter-in-law will house-sit while the folks go to China for a year, and then look for a house of their own out there after the folks return. Except for 2 years when my son lived in Texas, shortly after graduating high school, this will be the first time he and I will be living more than 80 miles apart, and more than only about 15 miles apart since he got married.

My wife and I haven't seen their family for months, except on our cell phones, mostly because of concern over the coronavirus.

If I won the $200 and day off, I'd treat my son and daughter-in-law and grandkids to a special picnic, so my wife and I could spend some face time visiting and enjoying food and company before they move away. We'd take lots of pictures. Since the two boys are not idle, I'm sure we'd take several videos, too.

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

P.S. I'm going to try to set up a picnic with them, anyway.

Contributor

Would send my wife to get a full body massage.  This COVID cr@p has her all tensed up (and the fact that I have an immunosuppressed system).  She probably wouldn't go, though, due to COVID.

Contributor

I think I'd go to the salon and maybe have my hair done! I haven't had a good cut and color since February 2020! Right before my sons wedding. Then Covid hit and well, I've not felt comfortable to have it done! Things are improving now so I'd love to cover all this gray! Hahaha

Contributor

I would get my hair done and read a good book at the park.

I would spend the day with my wife at the spa.

Contributor

Spend the day outside with the kids fishing, golfing, whatever they wanted to do. 

Contributor

I will take a day off to shop and pamper myself. 

Trusted Contributor

I am happy for those who have won. I've never won anything on here but God bless you all for your winnings.

If I di win  I would give myself a nice getaway for a week-in.

God bless you all.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

To win $200 would be a blessing. I love winning but so far haven't won anything on AARP. Oh, I tried but no such luck.

I tried the sweepstakes but didn't win. I tried the other items that were there but no such luck. I pretty much gave up on winning anything.  I think that it is not meant for me so I stop trying to win. I don't even try yo win anything anymore. 

God bless all of you you have won prizes and money.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Put on your boogie shoes for the Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever: A Disco Dance with AARP! Shake your groove thing to live performances featuring Sister Sledge and Indigo Girls on June 26, 2021 at 11 a.m. ET. Register Here AARP Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever

Members Can Earn Cash Back

Earn 3% cash back rewards at gas stations and drug stores with AARP Membership. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Join Us For a Concert!

Celebrate Black Music Month and learn more about the powerful connections between music and health during an AARP virtual performance featuring R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn on June 28, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EST. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series