Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

New Format for Instant Win

So, I took a spin and got 3 matching symbols and did not win. Is this just a bit of graphic distraction? It's stupid and irritating, if that's the case.

Regular Contributor

Could some from AARP please address why you're forcing is to put up with this slot machine visual when it's obvious that no one wants it?

Bronze Conversationalist

Here is the latest 'Official Post' about the new Instant Win Format - from  AARPTeri dated 3-4-24:

"Thank you all for your feedback on our new Instant Win games. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies for the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.

Once the discrepancies are addressed, the winning visualizations will be as follows:

• For the Slot Machine game, a winning result is three gift card images in a row
  •  
  • For the Tile Shuffle game, a winning result is three gift card images in the top, horizontal row only

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Notes: for the Winning attempts - the three 'winning  images must be the same for the game your playing. For instance - if you're playing for 'Burger King Instant win' but get three Images for Pet Smart you did not win according to AARP.

- Slot Machine ( three images - only) machine with lever handle.

- Title Shuffle ( first see 9 images) after redemption/ spin ---> only top row counts (horizontal line- only) and it must be corresponding to the game played.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Update: The AARP Consumer Care Team - "We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies in the outcome of the Instant Win games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game."    ๐Ÿค”
----------------------------------------------------------------

๐Ÿ˜ฉ  If you're flustered by the new Instant Win Format and want to bypass these 'visual game play' - you can try the 'free method of entry/ (no points played)'  of entering these Instant Wins.
      At the end of each Instant Win entry - at the bottom/ end there is an Official link to the See "Official Rules" ---> if you click - you will see the Official rules ---> 4.  b. will have a hyper-link to enter for free - if you win - there is a simple text ----> Congratulations ๐Ÿ‘........but for the most part we all see 'sorry, you didn't win this time, please try again....   ๐Ÿ˜ถ

๐Ÿ˜Ž     Dr. John: Right Place Wrong Time ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zPqgQ67yo

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (3/4/24) Good Luck @OneDayMatisyahu , I hope you win something!!!  Nicole  ๐Ÿ™„

[*** @OneDayMatisyahu wrote:

Here is the latest 'Official Post' about the new Instant Win Format - from  AARPTeri dated 3-4-24:

"Thank you all for your feedback on our new Instant Win games. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies for the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.

Once the discrepancies are addressed, the winning visualizations will be as follows:

• For the Slot Machine game, a winning result is three gift card images in a row
  •  
  • For the Tile Shuffle game, a winning result is three gift card images in the top, horizontal row only

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Notes: for the Wining attempts - the three 'wining  images must be the same for the game your playing. For instance - if your playing for 'Burger King Instant win' but get three Images for Pet Smart you did not win according to AARP.

- Slot Machine ( three images - only) machine with lever handle.

- Title Shuffle ( first see 9 images) after redemption/ spin ---> only top row counts (horizontal line- only) and it must be corresponding to the game played.

๐Ÿ˜ฉ  If you're flustered by the new Instant Win Format and want to bypass these 'visual game play' - you can try the 'free alternative/ no points played' method of entering these Instant Wins.
      At the end of each Instant Win entry - at the bottom/ end there is an Official link to the See "Official Rules" ---> if you click - you will see the Official rules ---> 4.  b. will have a hyper-link to enter for free - if you win - there is a simple text ----> Congratulations ๐Ÿ‘........but for the most part we all see 'sorry, you didn't win this time, please try again....   ๐Ÿ˜ถ

๐Ÿ˜Ž     Dr. John: Right Place Wrong Time ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zPqgQ67yo ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Not to worry, I have won about two handfuls of Instant Wins over my three years here - the last April 2023 and a few Sweepstakes - and so it rolls..... 

๐Ÿ˜Ž   I can't thank you enough for all the Kudos you have given out to all of us - it's a nice little pat on the back for all who post here โœ”๏ธ   ๐Ÿ‘....  I  would have liked to give you some Kudos back, but you write a torrential amount  - and I don't know which to choose ? from.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Who came up with this stupid idea?  It is ridiculously slow.  It used to take about 2 seconds to get the result.  Now it's 10-15 seconds. AND if you navigate away from the page while it's drawing the game, it stops.  So you still have to keep waiting.  Just go back to the previous way, please.

Super Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  I assume you have to get three specific symbols (maybe the AARP rewards symbol?) to win.

Community Concierge

Hi @RenateW69623, I can clear that up. To win, you'll need to get the logo that corresponds to the prize. For example, on the $10 Red Lobster Gift Card instant win, you'll have to get 3 red lobsters in a row. - Diana G.

Contributor

Yeah that's false too as it doesn't work and you won't honor the "wins"

Screenshot_20240304_090034_Gallery.jpg

@AARPConsumerCare wrote:

Hi @RenateW69623, I can clear that up. To win, you'll need to get the logo that corresponds to the prize. For example, on the $10 Red Lobster Gift Card instant win, you'll have to get 3 red lobsters in a row. - Diana G.

Community Concierge

@JanelleR714940 I'm terribly sorry to say our team has identified an issue with the Instant Win games displaying the incorrect image. We have confirmed the message is correct to advise if won/lost; however, the visual experience that displays may reflect a winning combination in error. We're sorry for any confusion this may have caused; we are working to correct this display issue as soon as possible.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Could we have a link that says something like "just show the message without the display" ?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/4/23) @JanelleR714940 , so true!!!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** JANELLE @JanelleR714940 wrote:

Yeah that's false too as it doesn't work and you won't honor the "wins"

Screenshot_20240304_090034_Gallery.jpg

@AARPConsumerCare wrote:

Hi @RenateW69623, I can clear that up. To win, you'll need to get the logo that corresponds to the prize. For example, on the $10 Red Lobster Gift Card instant win, you'll have to get 3 red lobsters in a row. - Diana G. ***]

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Must that be the middle row or any row?

Karyn
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Karyn8! It is the middle row, and it has to show the gift card that you are spinning for in all 3 boxes. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

everyone seems to like the old way, can we go back to the less confusing instant wins?

Periodic Contributor

What a waste of AARP funds!!!

This is a negative Return On Investment!!!

There is NO value added!!!

Give me the old system

AARP - stop wasting money. You could have put this software expenditure into more $10 Members Only gift cards!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

I don't think it's even working. 

After waiting a while for the thing to load, it immediately gave me the usual Sorry message. There was no possibility to play anything. 

They need to either fix it or return to the usual quicker way to say Sorry you did not win!

Or did I misunderstand in thinking there was actually a game?

Still as it often applies to AARP Rewards, I'll just say it: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Silver Conversationalist

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

YOU CAINโ€™T FIX STUPID

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Lucy! @rednexsrus

YES YES YES...

YOU CAINโ€™T FIX STUPID....

BUT....you can sure as heck point it out...

as you have....

& LAUGH at it!! AMIRIGHT??! LOL!!!

OIYOU CAINโ€™T FIX STUPIDP.jpg

Anyway, as always... Take care!

โ›ท๐Ÿ’โ˜ƒ๏ธโ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐ŸŽฟ โ„๏ธ ๐Ÿ‚

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP