Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Issues connecting aarp with google fit

When I try to connect it says an error message that Google blocked it from accessing. But I try to find it in apps to connect and it's not on the list.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, that option of removing tracker is no longer available.

Regular Contributor

That is the same issue I have.  I contacted AARP again last week and they are escalating the issue for resolution.  Apparently, this is happening with both Android and Apple devices.

Community Concierge

@KenleeE282473 Thanks for getting back to me. Have you had an opportunity to uninstall and re-install the AARP app? I suggest trying that to see if it helps with Google blocking it.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed both AARP Now and Google Fit.  All permissions are allowed in both apps.  Still not able to sync and still get msg that Google is blocking AARP attempt to access.

Community Concierge

@KenleeE282473 Got it. Let's create an escalation for further assistance. Please send us a private message, so we can get additional info needed to complete this. Thank you!  - Janelle M.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Ok.  How do I do that?

Community Concierge

0 Kudos
Contributor

@KenleeE282473 let us know if you get it fixe

Having the same issue as everyone else. Very frustrating

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I'm sorry to hear you're also having issues syncing your fitness tracker, @JamieM414402. Which fitness tracking app or device you have? - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes I would like to know to, ask am having the same issue on my damsung phone.

Community Concierge

Hello @JenetteR128926, this is certainly not the type of experience we want you to have. Let me help you out. When you get a moment, please send me a DM with your email address, so I can access your account and escalate this further. Here is a link with instructions: https://community.aarp.org/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=1437072802.... You can also chat with an agent by clicking the CHAT icon on the right side of the screen. I look forward to hearing from you. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I definitely will.  Still waiting for resolution.

Periodic Contributor

Have you heard back from the escalation team on this?  Has not been working for me since 8/5/24.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues syncing your fitness tracker, @tomkfl. Please check if your AARP Now app is updated to the latest version 4.0.5 before you try again and let me know if this solved the issue. Thank you! - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

On google play store the version is 3.37.2

Where to get 4.0.5 ?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hello @JohnS943689, I'm terribly sorry for any frustration this has caused you. Let's get to the bottom of this. The current version for Android phones is v3.37 and for iOS is v4.0.5. Here is a helpful article with information on how to connect your fitness tracker: https://aarp.info/3emKZ8q. Please check permissions in your Google Fit app and make sure AARP Now has access to steps, cycling, and swimming data.

If you're still having trouble connecting your app, please send us a private message or contact us using one of our contact methods, so we can look into it: https://aarp.info/3epCObA. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Nope. It still doesn't work ๐Ÿ˜• 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Nothing since the last time (2nd time for request).  I have had issues since July 19th.  I'm getting frustrated because I like the incentive of meeting the different step challenges.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP