Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How have you saved using your AARP Rewards?

Community Manager
Community Manager

How have you saved using your AARP Rewards?

We have passed our First Anniversary and would love to hear how have you saved and how much have you saved using the program. 

We have heard some good stories about how some of you have saved and want to hear more!

Share your savings stories here so others can reap the savings tool! 

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

I have never won anything from AARP since I've been a member but God bless you for your winnings. I hope you enjoyed your winnings. It's a blessing to win something.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

My husband and I often pair the gift cards for points with the gift cards for purchase; or the Daily Deals with the regular ones. Most recently we bought two $20 REI gift cards for $14 each, and a third $10 one for $8. This saved us $14, more than the price of our AARP membership. Another way we save is by taking advantage of signing up for emails for places we have gift cards. For example, Applebee’s provides a $5 coupon for doing so. Lastly, you can use coupons along with gift cards at most places. We recently did so at Burger King, as we had an Instant Win gift card.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

That's a blessing. God bless you.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

When it first came out, there were a couple of offers for free magazine subscriptions that I took advantage of. Now the magazine subscription are offered for a combination of points and cash, which is definitely not worth it since I can get the subscriptions for less at Amazon. I occasionally play the daily deal or a sweepstakes but have never won a thing. With the old system, I would regularly win some $5 cards at least to stores or restaurants that I would use. I truly dislike this new system, and, in my opinion, it's gotten worse over the last year, not better.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m sorry to read so many negative comments. I love the new rewards program! I feel I am truly being rewarded! This past year I have earned over $350 in rewards plus I get a workout in while watching fitness videos. Win-Win 🤗🥳

Trusted Contributor

So sorry you are hearing negative comments. People are saying what is in their hearts.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Before things were changed I use to buy $100.00 gift cards for $90.00. I loved being able to do that as I could then buy things on sell and make even more. It was also nice to use at restaurants. I have not been able to find those things anymore. Spending thousands of points for a $10.00 gift card seems senseless. It is a waste of time. I do use them to play games, but I have not won since things changed. When we could bid with the points, that was fun, until AARP started bidding for people. I could not get a bid in when that began. Of course we do not do that anymore either. Maybe when Covid19  ends I will begin traveling again. Maybe I can use them at that time. There is only one grocery store that is in my area and it is too far away for me to get a $10.00 gift card. I would spend that much on gas. Maybe you should go back to the $100.00 gift cards and get some for grocery stores like Walmart or Publix.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@h969372t    You are so right about that bidding on the old program.   That ruined it for me.   Only people with huge numbers of points could win.   I never won any big auctions but the pop up ones rewarded persistence and were time limited.   The "improved" system locked me out.   Only found out at the end when I had very few points that others saw different rewards from what I was seeing and had different auctions.   That was that.   Agree about the overpriced gift cards...wonder how many really buy those bad deals?     I do check frequently and have managed, with a lot of effort, to get $20 cards for points most months.  That is worth it for me.   The Extra Credit deals this month sold out at a ridiculous time, prior to 7 a.m. EST.    Did get Uno cards on a later day, though, probably because a lot of people can't use them.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've not really used the new program, because so far I haven't really found anything available under the new program thats worth the trouble of acquiring.  The discount on the gift cards is too small to justify investing the remainder of the card cost.  I wish there were more special deals that you came up with, such as the Le Creuset items you featured a couple of years ago.  You also used to send out notices of special film viewings, but I've not seen those in several years. Obviously they couldn't be done right now.    If there were points only items available that would be worhtwhile.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I wish the same things, I haven't found anything worth the new program but maybe they will get something better later. I have never won anything on AARP all the time I have applied for gifts and other things but have never won anything. I praise the people who have won.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I don't know exactly how much I've saved but most months it's around $75.   Sometimes less, sometimes more.   If I win any of the daily prizes, it's more.   Once when the program had weekly prizes, I got a wonderful $50 Michael's card and used it to buy storage boxes to pass my rock and shell collections along to the grands.   I usually choose restaurant cards and have had several free meals from Panera Bread and Carrabras.   Love those!   One month I got the Marshall's cards but haven't used that one yet.  I plan to make a trip to Home Goods which is also included on that one.

The banner includes donations I think so I'm not using that total to say how much I've saved.   I do like that we can support the feeding seniors AARP Foundation program with our points.  

Still hoping for some points only deals this month.   Everything above $10 was gone on October 1 by 6:30 a.m. EST when I looked.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Wonderful, I am happy for you. God bless you and your family.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I earned $300 in Home Chef gift cards, which was fantastic. Are points-only gift cards ever coming back? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In May, 2020 I was involved in a automobile accident that left me with a vehicle that would soon be demolished. So, I went to a dealership to purchase a new vehicles. The combination of AARP and Pandemic incentives. I saved $3,000.00...Score

Trusted Contributor

Oh wow, that was great. I wish the best for you.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP