Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Current Redemptions For Points Are Pathetic!

Conversationalist

Current Redemptions For Points Are Pathetic!

I look at what's available for gift card redemptions and it's rather pathetic. Get rid of the old gift cards, such as, Blimpie® gift card, 12,000 Points $5 Value, and Baja Fresh Gift Card, 12,000 Points $5 Value! They have been on there forever. It's time to turnover these old gift cards! Keep shuffling, AARP. More rotation, please! Remove those, and introduce two new ones. Thanks.

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Contributor

Good to see this post! I was wondering if I was the only one who thinks the point redemption is a joke! I'm not going to use my points for sweepstakes. I want to redeem my points for something useful; a gift card preferably; and not a $5 gift card for 12,000 points. So ridiculous!

Super Contributor

And then when they do have something half-way decent (like a $10 gift card for Amazon or Target), they sell out right away. Right now I don't spend any time earning points, because I have over 100000, but I haven't been able to use them because when there are gift cards I can use, they are already sold out when I see them for the first time.  The ones you mention that are available for days (or even over a month) are ones I can't use, so I'm not going to waste my points on them. I do use a small number of points for the Instant Wins and a few sweepstakes, but have never won any of those, so those are also pretty much a waste of time (but I still do them hoping that one day I might actually win something).

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments)Great input Jason @Jason2020LovesKelly . I hope they listen! 🙄 Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

I wonder if 'they' will? If anyone is paying any attention to how things have been running  for the last 5 months, at least, there have been many reasons to complain. In 2022, we've had to endure the issues left and right, with videos not working and crediting points, no big apology from AARP, at all, just swept it under their rug. We remember, and were never compensated for this. With the recent debacle, over the weekend, most everyone could not earn points. There was no announcement, there was nothing in fine gesture to make up for it. You literally had to contact them to get your points credited to you. Seriously, AARP just doesn't care about you! I have witnessed this, and it's left me gobsmacked! 

Gold Conversationalist

@KellytheBelly   You are right.   I continue to note that there is unlimited tolerance for Hello World and their programmers.  And as @rednexsrus  says, recruitment continues to go on using the rewards program as an enticement.  (I feel guilty encouraging a friend to get involved only to have the program go to pot, rewards going to $5 mostly, and not the good things I got when it started.)   

Silver Conversationalist

And on top of all that Kelly IMG_0053.GIF

AARP is busting a gut trying their best to entice anyone they can to join this organization. They have ads running on TV now. Sad but it looks like AARP is only interested in the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  Go figure

lucyp061351
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP