Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

April Extra Credit Rewards

The April Extra Credit Rewards are not showing up on my page. Is anyone else missing them?

Silver Conversationalist

they won't until after midnight on April 1st

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

If you go to the redeem section and look at all the rewards you can see the extra credit offers because they have a star in the gold triangle on the upper right corner.  

Trusted Contributor

Could they have changed the load time without telling us?

Gold Conversationalist

Mine came up at 12:30 EST.    Didn't look last month but previous month it was about 12:15.  Not at the stroke of midnight any more.....or anything more than $5.   May do the activities for points later but no need to kill myself in the middle of the night for $5.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@11320cs @k380494p @TheSuzyQ 

I hope they didnโ€™t change the load time. Perhaps itโ€™s an April Foolโ€™s Day joke?!?!

@AARPTeri 

Regular Contributor

No, it's not a joke, April Fool's or otherwise. It's just the same usual incompetence and website malfunctioning that we see all the time with the rewards program. 

So the only way to see what lesson applies to which gift cards is to click on EVERY SINGLE card to see which lesson(s) is/are associated with all the cards...maybe this is intentional, maybe they were trying to change the format to something more difficult but (unsurprisingly) weren't smart enough to pull it off....

Looks like just a bunch of $5 cards anyway for the extra credit this month (much like last month), so not really worth it anyway....unless more extra credit rewards are available but aren't viewable yet due to said incompetence....who knows anymore with this rewards program, not much value nowadays....

And now we also get the added bonus of having some merchants not even being able to process gift cards obtained through AARP. This is not made up folks, I have a case open now with AARP regarding some Burger King cards I *bought* through AARP which are simply not processable at any of BK's restaurants, I've tried...so now we apparently have to be careful with cards we get through AARP because there's no way to tell if they'll be accepted by a merchant or not until you try to use them. Lovely. Great way to run a rewards program.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@ScottF711920  Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the Rewards program. As for knowing which activities correspond to the Extra Credit offerings, there is an easier way. After each Extra Credit title (i.e. Detect Fraud and Protect Yourself) there is a little arrow (>). Click on it then scroll down below the earn activities and at the bottom it says, โ€œCheck out this lessonโ€™s Extra Credit dealsโ€. I hope this helps.

As for me, I like the Rewards program. My husband and I were able to each earn the $5 Starbucks one. We wouldnโ€™t normally go there otherwise. I know not everyone has two people in their household for that extra free card. I have let AARP know each membership should include two cards no matter where the other person lives, to make it โ€˜fairโ€™.

I wish you better luck in the future.

Linda

Regular Contributor

"Check out this lesson's extra credit deals" only took you to the page in the redeem section showing *all* the rewards listed, both extra credit and non-extra credit, so that didn't work either. The website is extremely buggy and can't be fixed. Anyway, the extra credit lessons are displaying  properly now, at least for now...

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

They seem to be a little slow loading them up.  I hope it doesn't take much longer.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP