- AARP Online Community
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Connect
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Caregiving Tips
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22
Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022. This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022.
Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?
Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic! Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts. All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.
To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.
Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting! A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.
Rules for the contest are posted here - https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...
- AARP Rewards
- Alaska. Use rewards points for gift cards and lodging.
- and don't want to repeat it.
- and have not seen them in years. My sister is old
- and sick. I already lost one without seeing her for the last time
- but I do hope to earn some. Happy Traveling Everyone! Blessings!
- Going to Gatlinburg to meet up with my grandson and his mom and dad. Will use some points on gift cards discount.
- Hey There! I'm traveling to Chicago for my birthday! I'm going with myself only and meeting up with a girlfriend to stroll down magnificent mile and cruise Lake Michigan! Unfortunately
- I am planning to go to Turkey to see a lot of the sites.
- I do not have enough rewards points
- I plan to travel to Arizona to visit my brother and use AARP discounts for hotel stays.
- I would love to go visit family in TX
- I would love to visit my family in Montreal Canada
- i would take my child and my elderly disabled mother to Hawaii. never been there and it is on our bucket list!
- movies and museums! Can't wait!
- My husband and I along with 16 other family and friends will be going to Aruba. While there we will be celebrate my birthday. We are all just looking to get together after being apart for so long and laugh and make new memories. Can't wait!!
- We are going to to Las Vegas because we have never been there. And we will be using AARP Rewards to find discounts on hotels etc. for the best deals.
- We are planning to go to Belize and get to do some snorkeling. We will use ourAARP rewards to find a great hotel.
- We are taking our first family vacation this June! We are all very excited. We rented a beautiful Victorian house at the beach. Everything is within walking distance. I have already found some aarp coupons for ice cream
- we haven't seen them in person since 2020. I plan on using my AARP Rewards Points to splurge while we are there.
- We plan to take our youngest grandchild on his first ever cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy! A lot of his friends have taken this cruise and he is so excited about this trip. Can't wait to see his eyes when we arrive at the port.
- We're planning a trip to Scotland to visit our daughter. I plan to use rewards to save on lodging.
- We're taking our trailer across the western states to Iowa to see family and then to some national parks. We use rewards for gas discounts.
My husband and I have spent the last several years caring for aging parents and adult children, so have not been able to travel at all. We will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary in 2024, so we first have to purchase a newer vehicle (ours is a 2005), and then we plan to travel to locate our ideal retirement destination to where we might move in a few years. We would use the rewards to help with that trip. It's time for the two of us to travel and have some fun!
We're treating our nephews and their spouses to an Alaska cruise tour as a thank you for the ongoing assistance they provide us in our senior years. At age 89, my husband has had to relinquish some of his chores to the younger generation, and our nephews and their wives have stepped up to the plate by cutting, splitting, and stacking our winter supply of firewood, hanging shades on our screened porch, laying pavers, and so much more. We have been fortunate to travel a great deal including taking two trips to Alaska. They, on the other hand, have rarely left our state, and, as lovers of the outdoors, they are thrilled with the prospect of exploring the last frontier, spectacular Alaska! I am using rewards points to accumulate gift cards to apply toward our flight and cruise bookings.
This is so wonderful. Not only that you are gifting your nephews and their wives, but also the fact that they are their for you. That is a blessing when so many seniors have no one to help out. I'm proud of them (and I don't even know them) and I'm happy for you.
This sounds wonderful. I'd love to take a train ride. Love at first sight and still going strong after 50 years! Wow. You are blessed. I would love to meet my special mate and spend the rest of my life in a loving relationship. I see you on the train taking that scenic ride through Colorado - smiling, laughing, holding hands and just having big fun. 50 years, that's a wonderful thing.
My family and I are planning on traveling to Isla Culebra and San Juan Puerto Rico this summer. I want to use various travel discounts available through AARP. First, I would like to book my flight and car rental through AARP travel. Then I would like to use various restaurant cards at a discount.
My husband an I would love to go see our grandson and new granddaughter. They recently moved into a new house and my husband has not seen them or the house since covid started in 2020! Would love to spend some time with them this summer and get aquatinted with our grand children face to face. They live in New York and we live in Arizona.
I want/need to visit New Zealand. I have relatives there that I haven't seen since the 1960s. US travel restrictions to NZ have finally been lifted and you can't find a better place to visit. Everything from the beaches to the mountains to the people is great...once you have been there you will love it.
Five friends and I just returned from a trip to Spain and Portugal and four of that group will visit San Jose del Cabo in January 2023. I plan to use AARP Rewards in March 2023 while visiting Ireland with my husband and sister-in-law. We're so glad to be "On the Road Again"!
We began our back to traveling by heading to Las Vegas in January to celebrate my 70th birthday. What a fun time we had riding the zipline on Fremont Street at 2:00 in the morning as well as checking out the pinball machine museum during the day. I have used Rewards for everything from gift cards to gas cards for my granddaughter!
My daughter married and moved with her husband to Canada just months before COVID closed the Canadian border border. Over two years now, we want to travel to Canada to visit them and see their life. We are looking at AARP’s flight and car rental services, as well as gas, restaurant and miscellaneous gift cards to use (depends on whether we drive or fly and what can be used in Canada)!
AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Help
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
Ready to double your fun? Enjoy Twofer Goofer, a fun rhyming word puzzle game from AARP! Play now.
Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync now.
From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.