Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

Traveling via RV to Yellowstone.  We have not used AARP rewards points for the trip.

0 Kudos

I plan to travel first to Knoxville, TN to visit my daughter who moved on her own for the first time in February. Then it's on to Maryland and D.C. to visit my best friend, then Choo-Choo we are going down to Orlando to Disney and Epcot to celebrate our turning fifty last year with Disney. Next, we are onward to Fl. to bask at the beaches and visit my home with my family in Miami.

Periodic Contributor

I hope it was fun.family is all we got.hang on tight more years to come ha.

Williaem Michael
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I have had 50 years together and had 6 children, 15 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. We would like to see the newest: our first male great grandchild.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am so ready for a non restricted trip to see my family and the beautiful mountains of Virginia.

Trusted Contributor

I'm just now seeing this because I've been off-line for a bit. This is my plan: Texas is a big state. I'm going to get in my vehicle, going south, take my time and see as much of Texas as there is to see. I understand there are some beautiful and interesting places in Texas. I'll keep going south until I'm ready to turn around and go home or my gas money gets tight. LOL. 

Before I take off, I'll put together a list of all the AARP discount vendors/services that are along the way and visit as many as possible, utilizing all these great benefits AARP has blessed us with. .I plan to keep a journal and do a review/critique of each place/service that provides AARP Discounts. Why? Because I'm An Able Renewed Person and I can do whatever the heck I want to do. And so can you. Whatever yawl decide to do, be safe, have fun, keep smiling. Don't let anyone tell you that you should be sitting in a rocking chair snapping green beans. We still have a lot of life to live and love to get & give. Go out and make it happen!

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

I like your spirit and energy,we need more of this.keep going ha

Williaem Michael
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Mr. Michael. I'm so into making my Phase 2 Season (Retirement) into my best years. Not always easy to stay up because living long is not for the weak. At this point we have, some of us anyway, have been through so much - we just want a break. To be able to live in peace and enjoy life. Having a positive attitude, high energy and a bright spirit is something I can give myself and no can take these things away from me unless I give them the power to do so. I get a little low sometimes but I shake it off and step on it. I talk myself out of it because it's a waste of time to sit around feeling sorry and sad. I'm glad there are platforms like AARP where we have the opportunity to express, share and learn.  Thank you for the kind and positive comment. Live up!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Iโ€™m excited to announce that Iโ€™m planning a trip to Switzerland for the first time ever towards the end of the summer of 2022 now that Covid and the pandemic has seem to ebbed somewhat. Additionally, Iโ€™m thrilled that I can use my AARP hotel rewards to get money back on the hotels and rental cars we use abroad.

Periodic Contributor

Did you enjoy your trip and did it work out as you wished ?

Williaem Michael
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

What trip? I didn't get to go this year. Thanks though.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan on going to Italy for the birth of my fourth grandson. I donโ€™t have enough points to use yet but maybe by the time I go in September I will !

0 Kudos
Contributor

Our 1st trip will be a family vacation in Orlando.  We had booked in 2020, but had to cancel with the COVID restrictions.  Looking forward to this vacation with 4 generations.  It will be the great-grands 1st trip to Disney.  Using AARP rewards points for discounts on attractions and dining.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to go to the Dominican Republic.  We have a vacation package there, and have not been able to go in the past 2 years.  I use AARP discounts for flights and auto rentals.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just got home from a trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos islands. It was amazing.

Conversationalist

Beautiful San Francisco, with Pier 39, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Lombard Street, is my destination this summer. However all those delightful sights pale compared with the real wonder of my trip:  a visit to my grandkids, not hugged for 2 and ยฝ years of careful living!

To save money on this trip, I am getting some Southwest Airlines gift cards through AARP Rewards. I have stocked up on Barnes and Noble gift cards purchased through the Daily Deal and I will delight the little ones with many books. A gift of clothes? Of course; for points Old Navy / Gap gift cards as well as some discounted ones from the catalogue; their mom will love that.

Thank you, AARP Rewards, for helping make this so longed for and joyous trip more affordable!

Trusted Contributor

Place of my birth. Enjoy.

Contributor

Hi! My Downs syndrome Son has never been to Disneyland. I would love to take my husband and son to this park for a fun time.  I could use the travel money for the tickets to the park.  My son is the best and I know he would love it! 

Thank you

Trusted Contributor

This is beautiful. Your son will have a wonderful time and you and your husband will too! Take lots of pictures for the memories.

Contributor

Going and staying in Yosemete National Park. It has been my dream and wish but long delayed for our 40 year anniversary.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello My Husband and I want to renew our wedding vows on a cruise to Mexico. He's retiring after 30 years as a essential worker in the field of Addiction. Twenty five years ago we eloped. I renewed AARP until 2024 so hopefully we can save up points to use for the cruise. God willing it happen. 

Contributor

My husband and I are hoping to finally take another cruise.   We have 4 grandchildren so I am constantly on the go.   I would love the time to rest and clear my head from all the madness happening around us.   I will use the AARP travel site to help me pick a location, date. etc.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We are planning to travel to a lake in Minnesota that my Dad visited 60 years ago. We will use AARP Rewards for travel costs.ws62387748   Contributor

I am going to Nashville because itโ€™s close and there is fun to be had there. 

Contributor

I will travel soon.

0 Kudos

I will travel to Oregon & Washington to visit family who i haven't seen since my cousin's wedding. I can use the rewards on museums & restaurants in the area.

I am going to a resort in Key Largo (via Miami airport) and using my AARP membership to get a better rate on a car rental thru Budget Rentals.  As i get closer to the trip, i will research other discounts in the area

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am going to Columbus Indiana for my 45th high school reunion

Contributor

I've actually traveled a bit, but this time it will be a longer trip - road trip with a friend down to the vrbo house we booked in Florida on the gulf coast where I've never been before.  We're staying with her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend, but they have their own plans so we'll be able to wander about and take our time on the way down and back and stop at all the little quaint places and roadside attractions at our leisure.  I can't wait to see where else my AARP card will be used, state to state as we go!  I hope everyone on here has a wonderful summer getting out and about too.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP