Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Hoping to go to Wyoming to do some fly fishing again.  Plan on using my AARP card anywhere where they accept it and hopefully cash in some rewards point on gift cards to use along the way.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I want to visit my newest granddaughter who was born during covid lockdown in New Mexico. I can't wait.

0 Kudos

A month long road trip through the Midwest.

0 Kudos

Looking forward to a month long road trip in the Midwest.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Greetings!  I would like to go to my favorite place to visit....Fiji Islands.  I prefer to stay on a small island with 99% Native population.  It is enriching to learn about & explore their connections with Nature, history and community.  Everyone speaks English and are very appreciative of folks from the USA due to our past helpful history. It is wonderful to snorkel, explore, relax & stay in a Native large Palm hut....with a Parrot sharing it inside above.  Bula!  Bula!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I graduated from college 50 years ago (akkk) so if I decide traveling is not a stupid idea during a pandemic, and eating and drinking with other people even stupider, I could attend my 50th Class Reunion.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I feel very fortunate to fulfill my ultimate dream by going to Germany to experience the Oberammergau Passion Play. And THEN on to a tour of Italy with 5 days in Venezia, the city that I learned about and fascinated me SO many years ago in grade school. 

Thanks to AARP, my bestie and I each saved $100 when booking our tours, and we'll use AARP rewards to save $$ for fast food at the airports!

0 Kudos

Going to Italy had been on my bucket list but then came the pandemic, me my mom n my daughter are saving to make this happen, any help we can get will be appreciated, thanks.,

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have Pancreatic Cancer and live in Minnesota with no family. I would like to go fishing and camping somewhere. Preferably around Duluth, MN, but anywhere will do.At chemo infusion.At chemo infusion.My new wig and dentures.My new wig and dentures.

0 Kudos

I'm going on a cruise in Alaska.  I used AARP Rewards to get cruise line gift cards at a 10% discount to help pay for it.  It'll be my first cruise in Alaska without my Mom (who was taken by COVID).

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband & I plan on going to a family wedding in Charleston. We will probably use some rewards to save $$ on hotels. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

After three years from making the initial reservation, we have finally gone on our cruise through the Panama Canal, going from Miami instead of Galveston, added Miami to the trip, no problem!  Ended in Seattle, so we added an Alaska cruise on the same ship!  Saved 10% on EVERYTHING by using Carnival Gift Cards to pay for cruise and on board expenses.  Great weather, so we got really lucky all the way around.  LCE in Texas

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am planning on traveling to Colorado to visit my daughter and her husband who lost everything due to the Marshall Wildfire.  Discounts and travel tips from AARP are very beneficial for my trip planning.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to go on a random road trip to visit friends and family across the US in 7 states.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am travelling to Kokomo, Indiana next month for the Kingdom Come Festival that I've missed the last few years.  Though AARP, I've joined the Best Western program and the Exxon Mobile program and will use those while I travel.  I always stop at Denny's a few times during my trips for their good food and great AARP discount.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will be traveling to CA for family wedding and using AARP benefits to help with car rental. The price of gas combined with other travel expenses will be mitigated by the savings resulting from AARP membership.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

My husband and I had planned a month long trip to Europe to celebrate our retirement, but had to cancel due to covid. Thanks to AARP, all of the lodging we chose, was fully refundable. Now that life has settled down, we are planning the same trip to France and Portugal in the fall. Lodging with AARP offers us many options using the suggested ratings, competitive prices, location and especially the option to receive a refund if needed. The other area we found AARP to be competitive was in the car rentals, saving us at least 25%. Whenever we travel whether in the US or Europe, we always bring our AARP membership card, and are able to save at least 10% at many restaurants and stores. Our membership has definitely been worth "every penny" because of the money it has saved us over the last 20 years. We have been members since 2002.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Space-A travel is open again, so we will drive from our home in Wagener, SC, to Charleston AFB, board a C17 or C5 and fly to Rota Spain.  There we'll rent a car and drive to Portugal renting rooms while we explore the Faro area.  Along the way, we'll use the gift cards we've earned on AARP rewards.  We've already booked a Carnival cruise in December using the AARP discounts gift cards.  Our AARP gift cards are an excellent way to reduce our cost as we travel. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am going with My Family to Metropolis Resort snd The Lazy River & Chaos Waterpark in Eau Claire Wisconsin fir a BirthdayCelebration. All of our Birthdays are in June! I will use AARP Rewards for lodging.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am planning to go to Turkey to see a lot of the sights.

0 Kudos

Since my 30โ€™s Iโ€™ve wanted to see the fall colors. Never did because always had so many responsibilities. This fall Iโ€™m planning to fly from Puerto Rico and take a  train from Boston to Vermont (and back) for six days. Iโ€™ll be in paradise! 

0 Kudos

Iโ€™m going to Reno for a Spa Day with my daughter and friend. My daughter and I are planning her 2023 wedding and itโ€™s getting a little tense. I will use a spa finder or housing reward.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My girl cousins, second cousins, cousins once and twice removed, plus our moms/aunts are all going to the beach in Florida for a Wright Girls Weekend. We used a discount card that cut the price of our Airbnb (a bit anyhow); we used some grocery discount cards to help buy food, I keep trying to win the daily Safeway card when it comes up. I will use that as well. I got a discounted CVS card to buy ocean-safe sunscreen. I am trying to win some of the cash prizes using points, that will contribute to the flight, dinners, and fun in the sun with my dearest family friendsโ€”my cousins.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning a trip Osaka and Tokyo. Plan to use for discounts for lodging and site seeing 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My boyfriend and I are using the AARP rewards to save money on AirBNB; a few weeks ago there was a gift card that was purchased for $7-10 less than the value. We also look at restaurants and other ways to save wherever we go anywhere! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Having a rare auto-immune disease kept my wife and I isolated all during COVID.  We both have four vaccines.  Now, we'd like to use GET travel and take a trip to Italy.  She's never been, I've seen a few cities there.  With masks in hand (and on our faces), we'll enjoy all the country has to offer.  We use our AARP rewards on restaurants, retails, and groceries, always checking the daily deals for something we can use.

Contributor

@AARPTeri wrote:

ByWelcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

0 Kudos

I plan on taking a trip with my girlfriend down to Seaside, Florida. Iโ€™d give anything to go and have a week of sitting on the beach and just relaxing.

Itโ€™s been a stressful couple of years with the pandemic and having to stay at home and quarantine myself. Iโ€™m ready to have less stress in my life.   And thatโ€™s one of the places that Iโ€™ve been to in the past that I felt that way. Thank you

0 Kudos
Contributor

Going to Canada now that the border is FINALLY open. Going to use AARP to get discounts at restaurants and other entertainment activities on our road trip.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been planning to take a trip for a couple of years and still don't know where I want to go, lol, but I am working on collecting airlines miles and also saving up for the great AARP Rewards gift cards from Expedia using the rewards points I've accumulated, plus maybe some of the other options to cut my costs. I'm leaning towards an international destination but also considering a cruise to the Inside Passage. Thanks for offering this contest!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP