Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

I am going to Iceland with Celebrity Cruises. I purchased a $500 gift card for $450 from AARP. When my travel agent went to redeem the gift card for my cruise the company took $50 off her commission. So I tried to use AARP, but this is a really unfair practice for my travel agent. I am reimbursing the travel agent her $50 and hope that no one else purchases these gift cards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

First place to travel is Hawaii- Been all over the world in the military but NEVER Hawaii!  I want to see Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center with my wife.

0 Kudos

I am going to Boston and Cape Cod to visit my pilgrim ancestors, and spend time with 3 of my cousins,whom I haven't seen in 65 years!

I hope to visit Japan when COVID calms down. As for rewards, I'm already benefitting for a trip to washington! I saved some money and time using the budget rental car benefit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to visit family along the US southeast corridor.  Will be using rewards for gas discounts.  Looking forward to the trip!

0 Kudos

Going to Gatlinburg to see the famous Smoky Mountains. Plan on using my points for some gift cards to try out the outstanding foods.  can't wait.

0 Kudos

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Covid to lift some in Tennessee so I can go visit my good friend who moved there two years ago to see her new home and visit with her. I had been making plans to go see her when Covid hitโ€ฆ And Tennessee seems hard hit by Covid. That is the first place Iโ€™m headed. The second place I want to go is to see New York. I have never been and I have another friend there whoโ€™s invited me to come and will give me the grand tour !

0 Kudos
Contributor

We'll be visiting dad for Father's Day in a resort area.  I don't think any AARP rewards will be useful on this trip.

0 Kudos

Our next trip is to California for a wedding ceremony that was postponed due to Covid, then to New York City to visit family. I often use the AARP card to get discounts at hotels and occasionally for tickets. I'd love to learn more about how to save.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning a trip to Canada. We will drive up the west coast and take the Powell River ferry to Vancouver Island. We will enjoy the clean fresh air and beautiful views while using AARP awards to book hotels.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We plan to use AARP for discounts on food and shopping on our trip to New Orleans.

0 Kudos

I havenโ€™t been anywhere since my husband passed and just a little trip would be so good for the soul right now. So I would put any winnings toward that trip. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

About the only travelling I foresee in the near future is another visit to my almost 90 year old aunt 7 hours away, at which point I will be staying with a cousin. Given a chance, however, I would love to make another visit to Key West while it is still above the waterline. Not sure what perks AARP has available but if there is a discount on a hotel room I would take it, as these bones are no longer up to tent camping, as I used to do when my late husband and I did over the years. 

Learn something new, walk somewhere beautiful, and be grateful every day,
0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I would love to go somewhere as a couple.  We havent been on a vacation since 2004.  We have paid dearly for college and helping our children get their homes.  Sure we would use AARP to help us with discounts. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning a long-delayed road trip to visit relatives on the East Coast.  We used the AARP Travel Center to get discounted rates on hotels along the way and even got $100 off one of the hotels by using a Gift Certificate purchased with points earned from AARP Rewards.  We love all the fantastic perks of being an AARP member.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My spouse and I were watching a TV program that talked about the best place in Switzerland. We want  to travel Gstaad.  Lots of hiking trails and quite a long beautiful cable car ride. There are chairlift rides also panoramic views at Mountain restaurants.The mountain air is clean and fresh. As others have stated the we would use AARP for possible Airplane travel up grades and and hotels

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning a trip to Utah to visit our daughter and granddaughters. Also plan to bring the oldest granddaughter back give with us to enjoy the summer together. AARP Rewards used for discounted lodging and possibly car rental.

0 Kudos

I plan to help my wife travel to China to see her elderly mother and family, whom she hasn't seen in 5 years. 

I use AARP Rewards to learn about personal finance, nutrition, retirement; and hopefully to win prizes in sweepstakes.  

0 Kudos

My travel plans are to take a cruise to Alaska.  So many beautiful places and fun things to do there.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will be moving to st. Augustine Florida next year, what a Beautiful place i can't wait.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Going to see Paul McCartney in concert! At 79, he still puts on a high energy show with lots of surprises. โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽต

0 Kudos
Contributor

1. I am flying from Shreveport, Louisiana to Orlando, Florida to visit my daughter and my 3 grandchildren. The oldest is 16and the youngest is 2. I have only met two of them and that was 4 years ago. I have an incurable lung illness called silicosis and I want to know them and them to know me before it's to late. I'm flying down next month and hopefully finding a permanent place to live. I will be using my AARP membership for getting a one-way ticket as cheap as I can and also a hotel room. Hopefully a good extended stay deal. I will use my card for dinners we go to also. Whether I win the contest or not being with my family will be the best reward. 
0 Kudos
Contributor

The first place I plan to travel is to visit family in OKC. I will be using AARP Rewards to save money on hotel and car rental.

0 Kudos
Contributor

After two OVID-related postponements, I am finally going to Turkey to explore its fascinating history and mix of cultures.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My husband and I would love to see his kids and grandchildren in Northern California and my family in Oregon. Between COVID and his health issues, we have missed seeing them.

We would use AARP discounts and offers to save money on hotels, etc.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My son moved out to CO from Miami for his first post college job as a Biology teacher.  I plan to spend some time with him in the summer exploring the Rockies and I am using AARP rewards to get him some gift cards to help him equipment his apartment.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Taking a cruise from Iceland to Greenland. Always wanted to see the Arctic north after my last trip was to the south (Antarctica).

0 Kudos
Contributor

I retired in December 2021 and the first big trip I am taking is a cross country train ride that goes from New York to San Francisco for 17 days. I am taking my daughter and mother with me. The AARP Rewards will be used for discounts on hotels, food, and maybe the flights back home to Maryland. 

0 Kudos

The first place is on a cruise to the A-B-C Islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao.  Islands we have never been to but heard so much about! Looking forward to sunning and sightseeing!

0 Kudos

My wife and I are planning a trip to Cleveland to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!  We will be using our AARP rewards and resources to find airfares, hotels and rental cars for our trip.  Rock ON!! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP