- AARP Online Community
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Connect
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Caregiving Tips
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22
Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022. This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022.
Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?
Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic! Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts. All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.
To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.
Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting! A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.
Rules for the contest are posted here - https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...
- AARP Rewards
- Alaska. Use rewards points for gift cards and lodging.
- and don't want to repeat it.
- and have not seen them in years. My sister is old
- and sick. I already lost one without seeing her for the last time
- but I do hope to earn some. Happy Traveling Everyone! Blessings!
- Going to Gatlinburg to meet up with my grandson and his mom and dad. Will use some points on gift cards discount.
- Hey There! I'm traveling to Chicago for my birthday! I'm going with myself only and meeting up with a girlfriend to stroll down magnificent mile and cruise Lake Michigan! Unfortunately
- I am planning to go to Turkey to see a lot of the sites.
- I do not have enough rewards points
- I plan to travel to Arizona to visit my brother and use AARP discounts for hotel stays.
- I would love to go visit family in TX
- I would love to visit my family in Montreal Canada
- i would take my child and my elderly disabled mother to Hawaii. never been there and it is on our bucket list!
- movies and museums! Can't wait!
- My husband and I along with 16 other family and friends will be going to Aruba. While there we will be celebrate my birthday. We are all just looking to get together after being apart for so long and laugh and make new memories. Can't wait!!
- We are going to to Las Vegas because we have never been there. And we will be using AARP Rewards to find discounts on hotels etc. for the best deals.
- We are planning to go to Belize and get to do some snorkeling. We will use ourAARP rewards to find a great hotel.
- We are taking our first family vacation this June! We are all very excited. We rented a beautiful Victorian house at the beach. Everything is within walking distance. I have already found some aarp coupons for ice cream
- we haven't seen them in person since 2020. I plan on using my AARP Rewards Points to splurge while we are there.
- We plan to take our youngest grandchild on his first ever cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy! A lot of his friends have taken this cruise and he is so excited about this trip. Can't wait to see his eyes when we arrive at the port.
- We're planning a trip to Scotland to visit our daughter. I plan to use rewards to save on lodging.
- We're taking our trailer across the western states to Iowa to see family and then to some national parks. We use rewards for gas discounts.
My husband and I will be traveling to AZ and visiting many small towns/cities while we are there. The Grand Canyon and staying on the Rim is however the highlight of our trip. We will take the train from Williams where we will then spend three days walking and touring the Caynon. I first visited as a freshman at ASU in the fall of 1965, so this has MANY wonderful memories for me. It opened up a whole new look at the world for a 17 year old girl from a small New England city. I got the bug of travel right then and there. Alhtough I have been back several times to see the Caynon and AZ, I fondly remember the first trip there and the college friends I traveled with. Fortunately, I am still in touch with several of these wonderful women even after all these years. We will use mileage, free hotels and anyhthng else we can to pay for part of this trip. We leave the 21st and cannot wait.
Now that Covid is waning my wife and I are going to take an airplane to Hawaii. Enough of this isolation from humanity. We will use the rewards card to help us with gas for a rental car. Unless of course we get an electric car then will use the rewards card to help pay for the car rental. Aloha everyone!
My husband & I are planning a trip OUT WEST with our 2 grandgirls - ages 11 & 14. We hope to visit Utah's Grand Circle of National Parks: Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, Canyonlands & the Grand Canyon. We love driving & sight-seeing with these kids. We all loved our trip to South Dakota before the pandemic.
I like saving on meals with our AARP discount at Denny's. Kids love pancakes/burgers there! We always use our AARP discount at motels like Holiday Inn Express. Their beds are the best! We keep our speed down to 60 mph, even if the limit is 75 to save on gasoline, as recommended by AARP.
I will continue reading my daily online newsletters from AARP for more travel tips & discount offers, such as Panera gift cards.
We are all vaxed & boosted, so after 2 years of staying home, this will be a grand adventure!
We plan a road trip to visit our son and his family. We always ask for an AARP discount at motels and restaurants. We believe that even if a discount is not currently offered, our request lets the business owner or manager know that AARP is important and they should explore the possibility of offering discounts in the future.
I am hoping to take 2 small ones. For the one, I am staying close to home and going to see some sites at Lancaster, PA. I love the area. I am using Hilton points for a free room, and I will probably print out coupons from AARP for cheaper food. Every now and then I get one of the $5 ones too, that I have been saving. I also do the ones where you can pay $10 and get the gc for $7. Gas will probably be discounted from a gas rewards program from a Grocery store. I try hard to save where I can.
Then I hope to visit my daughter in West Virginia this year. I have never visited there before.
We booked a Norwegian fjords cruise in February 2021, and just yesterday booked our airfare and hotel. We were supposed to sail on July 3 from Amsterdam, but our ship is currently housing refugees from the Ukraine. I applaud the cruiseline's support of them, and we just re-booked our cruise for July 2023.
Hi! We are planning on flying to Minnesota from California to visit our extended Family! We moved
to San Diego to be near our 2 Daughters just before Covid hit! My Husbands almost 90 yr old Mom is in a Rest Home there and we really need to see her after the long Covid travel drought!! Our points can be used a couple different ways for traveling, so will be applied!! Can't wait!!
I was supposed to go back east to my hometown in Upstate New York for my 50th class reunion in August of 2020 the year that the pandemic hit. Our reunion was cancelled. In 2021 they tried to put together a makeup reunion but the pandemic was still running rampant, so I had to postpone going back a second time. I celebrated my 70th birthday in March and, although I plan on living into my 90's, I would like to return to my hometown one last time before I feel I'm no longer able to make that trip. I have dear, dear friends that I need to see face-to-face, family members to hug and children that have grown up out of my reach that I want to see.
I’m traveling with two girlfriends to New England with Acadia National Park as our ultimate destination. We’re in our late 70’s and early 80’s and plan to hike some while there. I’m hopeful we will win some money for our trip since we’re driving and are well aware of the high cost of gas!!! I appreciate the travel tips I’ve been reading on the AARP posts!
I love road trips so my spouse & I are driving throughout the state of Iowa. We have been there before & like the country, rolling hills, the friendly people, the sites, & the unexpected which we find on al;l of our road trips. I will use my AARP rewards to save on hotels and meals.
My first travel will be to go on a trip to North Dakota with The Archaeological Conservancy this September. This is exciting to me because I have never been to North Dakota, I am interested in the history of the northern Plains Indians, and I support the conservation activities of this exceptional organization. The trip does not include meals other than lunches, so I will be using my AARP rewards for restaurant dinners. Also, I will be arriving the day before the tour starts and will save 10% off the Radisson's hotel rate. But the biggest reward is the peace of mind that AARP has given me with their all their tips on air travel and protection against Covid. Without that, I would not have been able to start traveling again at all.
Forty five years ago, I graduated from a high school in Virginia. I am planning to attend my high school reunion and reconnect with high school friends, see the changes made to our high school building and be a tourist in my home state. I will use my AARP rewards to save on hotels and meals, as I have decided to drive the almost 600 miles to make it home to Virginia for my trip. It should be a lot of fun! Plus, it will bring back a flood of good memories!
AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Help
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
Ready to double your fun? Enjoy Twofer Goofer, a fun rhyming word puzzle game from AARP! Play now.
Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync now.
From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.