Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

Traveling from Arizona to South Dakota to volunteer as camp host at South Dakota State Park. I will use AARP discounts at restaurants such as Denney’s along the route.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I will be traveling to AZ and visiting many small towns/cities while we are there.  The Grand Canyon and staying on the Rim is however the highlight of our trip.  We will take the train from Williams where we will then spend three days walking and touring the Caynon. I first visited as a freshman at ASU in the fall of 1965, so this has MANY wonderful memories for me.  It opened up a whole new look at the world for a 17 year old girl from a small New England city.  I got the bug of travel right then and there. Alhtough I have been back several times to see the Caynon and AZ, I fondly remember the first trip there and the college friends I traveled with.  Fortunately, I am still in touch with several of these wonderful women even after all these years. We will use mileage, free hotels and anyhthng else we can to pay for part of this trip.  We leave the 21st and cannot wait. 

Contributor

Going to Virginia to see my sister and neices that I haven't seen since the start of COVID. Will use rewards to save on restaurants. Trying to win sweepstakes that will help with cost of trip.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Now that Covid is waning my wife and I are going to take an airplane to Hawaii. Enough of this isolation from humanity. We will use the rewards card to help us with gas for a rental car. Unless of course we get an electric car then will use the rewards card to help pay for the car rental. Aloha everyone!

Regular Contributor

My husband & I are planning a trip OUT WEST with our 2 grandgirls - ages 11 & 14. We hope to visit Utah's Grand Circle of National Parks: Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, Canyonlands & the Grand Canyon. We love driving & sight-seeing with these kids. We all loved our trip to South Dakota before the pandemic. 

I like saving on meals with our AARP discount at Denny's. Kids love pancakes/burgers there! We always use our AARP discount at motels like Holiday Inn Express. Their beds are the best! We keep our speed down to 60 mph, even if the limit is 75 to save on gasoline, as recommended by AARP. 

I will continue reading my daily online newsletters from AARP for more travel tips & discount offers, such as Panera gift cards. 

We are all vaxed & boosted, so after 2 years of staying home, this will be a grand adventure! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We plan a road trip to visit our son and his family. We always ask for an AARP discount at motels and restaurants. We believe that even if a discount is not currently offered, our request lets the business owner or manager know that AARP is important and they should explore the possibility of offering discounts in the future.

Periodic Contributor

Going to the beach and will save on motel cost through membership in AARP.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

We will be traveling to the Outer Banks in NC to see the Wright Brother Memorial and other points of interest in the area. We will use our AARP benefits to reduce some of the costs.

0 Kudos

I was planning on going to Germany with my dad on more time. Unfortunately he passed away and then I lost my wife. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I m so very sorry for your losses. I hope you can still go to Germany (or anywhere else that reminds you of happier times) with another family member or friend and relive pleasant memories of your dad and wife. 

Periodic Contributor

I am hoping to take 2 small ones. For the one, I am staying close to home and going to see some sites at Lancaster, PA. I love the area. I am using Hilton points for a free room, and I will probably print out coupons from AARP for cheaper food. Every now and then I get one of the $5 ones too, that I have been saving. I also do the ones where you can pay $10 and get the gc for $7. Gas will probably be discounted from a gas rewards program from a Grocery store. I try hard to save where I can.

Then I hope to visit my daughter in West Virginia this year. I have never visited there before.

Contributor

Oh, I love Lancaster, PA, I go down there from NY state every year.  Have fun roaming about and in West Virginia too (I've never been there either but hope to soon).

0 Kudos
Contributor

Will be traveling to see family that we haven’ seen seen since COVID started.  Will use AARP benefit to reduce Motel bills & get reduced meals.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Friends and I will be visiting some tourist spots around Wisconsin.  Reward points can be used to purchase gift cards to use on the trip.

Contributor

Going to a wedding and see family.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We booked a Norwegian fjords cruise in February 2021, and just yesterday booked our airfare and hotel.  We were supposed to sail on July 3 from Amsterdam, but our ship is currently housing refugees from the Ukraine.  I applaud the cruiseline's support of them, and we just re-booked our cruise for July 2023.

Contributor

Going to Montreal girls trip and brother.

0 Kudos

My husband and I are traveling with my sister and brother-in-law to Florida to visit my nephew. 

0 Kudos

Hi!  We are planning on flying to Minnesota from California to visit our extended Family!  We moved

to San Diego to be near our 2 Daughters just before Covid hit! My Husbands almost 90 yr old Mom is in a Rest Home there and we really need to see her after the long Covid travel drought!!  Our points can be used a couple different ways for traveling, so will be applied!!  Can't wait!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'll visit the Jersey shore. I live in south Jersey but haven't traveled due to COVID. Most likely, I'll visit a friend in Sea Isle City.

Periodic Contributor

I was supposed to go back east to my hometown in Upstate New York for my 50th class reunion in August of 2020 the year that the pandemic hit.  Our reunion was cancelled.  In 2021 they tried to put together a makeup reunion but the pandemic was still running rampant, so I had to postpone going back a second time.  I celebrated my 70th birthday in March and, although I plan on living into my 90's, I would like to return to my hometown one last time before I feel I'm no longer able to make that trip.  I have dear, dear friends that I need to see face-to-face, family members to hug and children that have grown up out of my reach that I want to see.  

Contributor

We are going to go camping with our son & daughter in law & granddaughter! We will use our rewards card at Denny’s for lunch and hotel room on the way up to Pennsylvania to visit family & friends!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sounds like such fun! I love camping with my kids, too!

Good luck with this contest!  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m traveling with two girlfriends to New England with Acadia National Park as our ultimate destination. We’re in our late 70’s and early 80’s and plan to hike some while there. I’m hopeful we will win some money for our trip since we’re driving and are well aware of the high cost of gas!!!  I appreciate the travel tips I’ve been reading on the AARP posts!  

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I love road trips so my spouse & I are driving throughout the state of Iowa. We have been there before & like the country, rolling hills, the friendly people, the sites, & the unexpected which we find on al;l of our road trips.  I will use my AARP rewards to save on hotels and meals. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My first travel will be to go on a trip to North Dakota with The Archaeological Conservancy this September.  This is exciting to me because I have never been to North Dakota, I am interested in the history of the northern Plains Indians, and I support the conservation activities of this exceptional organization.  The trip does not include meals other than lunches, so I will be using my AARP rewards for restaurant dinners. Also, I will be arriving the day before the tour starts and will save 10% off the Radisson's hotel rate.  But the biggest reward is the peace of mind that AARP has given me with their all their tips on air travel and protection against Covid.  Without that, I would not have been able to start traveling again at all. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am hoping to visit my youngest son, Fokion,  and granddaughter, Zoe. They live in North Carolina near Lake Norman and I would love to visit and see the area where they live.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Forty five years ago, I graduated from a high school in Virginia.  I am planning to attend my high school reunion and reconnect with high school friends, see the changes made to our high school building and be a tourist in my home state.  I will use my AARP rewards to save on hotels and meals, as I have decided to drive the almost 600 miles to make it home to Virginia for my trip.  It should be a lot of fun!  Plus, it will bring back a flood of good memories!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Planning to visit Monterey/Carmel area before attending my daughter's MBA graduation from Cal-Berkeley. Hoping to AARP Rewards for restaurant, lodging and car discounts to save some cash.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Will take a road trip to the Napa wine country for a nice get-away.  AARP rewards come in handy for purchasing e-gift cards for dining and gas discounts during our trip.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP