Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Spring Break Contest 2023

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Spring Break Contest 2023

Headed out of town this spring? Share how you use AARP Rewards to save on your travels for a chance to win!  Contest runs from March 20th through April 16, 2023.  We will choose weekly winners that will win:  $250 Carnival Gift Card (2, one each week) and $250 Airbnb Gift Card (2, one each week) for a total of four winners!

Example: My best friend and I are planning a trip to Ireland this May! We are going to see The Cliff of Mohr and Trinity College. I'm excited about exploring the country. We purchased Airbnb gift cards through AARP Rewards to help us save on lodging.

To enter, reply to this post before April 16, 2023, with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Rules for the contest are posted here -   AARP Rewards Spring Break 2023 Contest

AARPTeri

I use AARP for car rental discounts and carnival gift cards to get my cruise for 10 percent off 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Every time we are planning an out of town road trip I immediately start looking for deals on AARP rewards for gas and restaurant gift cards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am new at this and want to meet new people 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to go on a trip by myself to get away from my husband and v my teenager so I can work on my issues without being yelled at

Planning on traveling this summer and use the gift cards and travel benefits.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am traveling to Seattle this spring for a studio glass tour that covers some meals and the visits to various museums and glass workshops, but not transportation to Seattle or the cost of the hotel.  The trip is being organized by a prominent art gallery and they will be able to charge their expenses to their business, so they are staying in a boutique hotel that costs a fortune.  Seeing that, I almost canceled the trip.  However, using AARP rewards, I located a far less expensive hotel in walking distance to their hotel that was 20% off their normal rate with the AARP discount.  I may even be able to buy a glass souvenir with the savings!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Come early June, my husband and I will spend 9 days in the roller coaster capital of the world (well, to us anyway) also known as Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. Being Ohio residents this has become an annual event for us for 40 years now. During the year, I stock up on Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and other food gift cards to ease the cost of the trip. We have season's passes to the parks which provides early admission to enjoy the big, popular roller coasters. Yes, we are in our 70s and still riding them. We discovered a couple of years ago that after riding coasters for an hour, we are ready to sit in Starbucks near the entrance and enjoy an iced caramel coffee while watching people enter the park. The gift cards from AARP Rewards supports this guilty pleasure of ours. Ride on!!

0 Kudos

My family and I are taking a trip to Oregon and Washington. I use my AARP to get discounts on food and our rental car! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are taking a ladies trip on Carnival and I purchased a $500 Carnival gift card for $450.  What a great deal!  The other two ladies then purchased their $500 gift cards also.   I will be purchasing another card to use for shore excursions and on board expenses.  Thank you AARP for great rewards 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are taking our children on a cruise and plan to buy gift cards to apply to onboard expenses and shore excursions!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Newly retired and relocated to Colorado.  Love traveling the backroads and finding gems of played to visit and stay!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Looking forward to traveling Route 66 with my college roommates.  We've remained close for over 50 years!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just took a Carnival cruise with my family. I bought my children and grandchildren a $100 carnival card each - they cost $90 through AARP - and saved $70 - the kids liked having the card to buy bingo cards or sodas - they were so excited to get them and I was so happy to give them to my family!  Thank you AARP!  

0 Kudos

I am planning a weekend in June for our extended family to visit Arlington National Cemetery in D.C. for the military burial of my husband’s brother. It will be an occasion of full military honors with horse-drawn carriage and band and gun salute.  He will join his brother (my husband) and their parents who are at rest in Arlington.  It has been a struggle to get all five children, some cousins, and friends to the event but by now 25 are coming.  I have helped financially with some of the airfares.  What AARP’s generous gift would help with, is the ability for some of the family (each from a different state) to linger and tour our nation’s Capitol.  It would turn a short funeral visit into a memorable family reunion.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will be traveling to see my son, his wife and my granddaughter whom I haven't seen since she was born. She is 18 mos. already! Although we FaceTime regularly. My husband will be traveling to purchase a home and will be using his Aarp points and discounts on restaurants and sleeping accommodations. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We planned a trip last year to Ireland, with all our brothers and sisters, and were able to use the AARP Airbnb gift cards to help pay for a truly unique old converted stable in Dublin - we had such a good time! We also used cards to find unique accommodations in Galway, during our two week vacation.  This year, we used the Airbnb gift card for finding a Zen home in Chico CA, for a long birthday weekend while our daughter is running a half marathon.  So cool that AARP offers these gift cards at a discount... we use them regularly. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We're heading to Montana soon and will be using the new wiper blades picked up from our AARP AutoZone gift card.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I am Planning a trip to Canada after losing my fiance last year. I need to get away.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning a long weekend getaway to Palm Springs and will use AARP Rewards with restaurant and/or shopping. Sure helps!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We’re planning a trip to oregon this year to see my brother whom I haven’t seen in over 8 years. We’ll be using our AARP card for the plane tickets, car and motel. This will save us quite a bit and if all goes well it’ll be a surprise as well. I also will get to see my nephew and my niece both are currently undergoing cancer surgeries, so this trip is totally for visiting family. I’m hoping also we can have a get together at a restaurant using my AARP card to get some good discounts. With these discounts will make it a wonderful family get together.

0 Kudos

My family are wanting a beach trip to Florida to celebrate my wife finally beating breast cancer and our daughter graduating 5th grade. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I live taking advantage of the restaurant discounts! Planning some road trips and the saving will be helpful.

0 Kudos

My husband and I are taking a week to travel up the West coast to see the sights.  We are renting a car using our AARP discount and staying in hotels with the discounts as well. AARP restraunt discounts will also come in handy!  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for great vacation ideas!  Hoping to take several this summer!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will go to Naples, Florida to visit my brother for a day.  I will purchase gift cards to use for a hotel in Orlando and than go on a cruise.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I always get great ideas and money saving tips for travel from AARP.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My husband and I are planning a cruise to Mexico next month. We will be visiting Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. We purchased Carnival gift cards through AARP Rewards to help us save more, so we could do extra excursions. Thank you AARP Rewards!

0 Kudos

My college roommate and I are planning a trip to Jamaica this May! We are going to see Montego Bay and stay for the Jazz Fest. It’s my first time We would use the Airbnb to extend our stay

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Since my son died, my sister and our girls have taken a Mother's Day trip every year since 2020; it really helps me. He died in November, so we traveled every Thanksgiving. I purchased Gift cards for several restaurants and booked our hotel through AARP Travel Rewards to help us save. We would love to book an air BNB at the beach for Thanksgiving this year. I love using my AARP rewards. I am also a huge consumer cellular fan. Thank you. Alveta Reese Opelika, AL.

0 Kudos

Did not get away this winter-flight in Feb to Naples FL was cancelled and could not rebook. Had to cancel flight to NC when husband was hospitalized.  Would LOVE to  get away!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP