Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards - More Trouble Than They’re Worth?

Regular Contributor

AARP Rewards - More Trouble Than They’re Worth?

Like many others, I try to jump on the website as soon as I can after 12AM ET the 1st of each month. Today I’ve probably done the Forever Home quiz 20 times if I’ve done it once, on my laptop and phone, logged in and out multiple times, to no avail. I really want that Barnes and Noble gift card. SO frustrating!!

Add to that the fact that the Daily Deal hasn’t been working all week.

And then there is the fact that 1/4 of the time when I try to put in the PROMO CODES they won’t work (even though newer than the advertised limit of 2 weeks old) and I have to keep trying until they work(sometimes they NEVER do). 

And in addition there is the fact that I’ve been trying to buy 3 gift cards all week(2 as gifts, 1 with which to buy my groceries) and the Rewards check out won’t work! 

AARP, if you’re going to have a website, you should have a website that WORKS. It is true I am a  senior but I’m a physician working full time, more than 40 hrs/wk, and I really don’t have time to keep trying and trying to save money via this website. It is close to the point where it costs me more(in time) to repeatedly attempt different things that aren’t working properly on the website than it would just to spend the extra money and forget about AARP gift cards!.

Trusted Contributor

Silver Conversationalist

Not me, the red badge & the 450 points is there, but you complete the quiz and nothing. When I try the Barnes & Noble GC it says I have to complete the quiz. You go back and no check mark on the Forever Home quiz. Bummer IMG_0319.GIF

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you!  Because of you I got in, too!

Contributor

Yes. Very frustrating and made me angry! The Moving Into Your “Forever” Home Quiz never credited me even though I did it like over 20 times both yesterday and today. I really wanted the Barnes and Noble gift card. Someone really need to fix the website. There are many as frustrated users as I am. It would be better if AARP does not present this gift card option rather than put it there and it does not work!! It's bad service. Got to fix it immediately or take down this gift card option. 

Periodic Contributor

‘Moving Into Your “Forever” Home’ Quiz is not giving extra credit rewards, so I am unable to use points in exchange for those rewards. Chat told me to wait and they will appear, but that is not happening.

Regular Contributor

So I have to jump on after midnight? Egads. I have gotten some great gift cards, but it's frustrating when site isn't working properly, like now. Also, I've been on early in the AM and a brand new gift card for points is already sold out. Sigh...

Periodic Contributor

Goodness! 

Well said. 

I have tried to purchase and my sale would not go through, thought it was just me, and even the weather issues. Sorry to hear of all of your issues but glad to know, it was not the operator error (this time). 

Periodic Contributor

I agree!!  I loved participating in the AARP Rewards, but it is to the point that they are more stress than they are worth for a $5.00 gift card!  I like to do the crosswords for relaxation and play the Trivia game daily.  Most of the time I don't even get the points.  I have spent thousands of points and never win! I am ready to just stop even trying.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP