Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

Examples from last year's winners posts:

"One of the most meaningful aspects of the holidays to me is the time I get to spend with others.  Using the AARP Rewards, I am looking forward to meals out at a favorite restaurant with family and/or friends where I will get to spend some quality one-on-one time with them while enjoying a meal thanks to AARP!"  

"This is my first year as an AARP Member.  I love learning through the different activities, to save up Reward Points, which helps me to purchase our favorite restaurant gift cards, for fast food, or dining out for special events, or for grocery shopping.  I love to give these gifts cards to my adult daughter, to enjoy for an easy dinner out where she doesn't have to cook after working her daily shift.  It shows my appreciation, and it is a big savings on items we would most likely purchase anyway."

Runs from 10/18 - 12/12/23. Click here for rules

AARPTeri
Contributor

I am new to AARP Rewards. I enjoy the quizzes and information learned as I work in a busy medical office and want to have correct information for my patients. The chance to win gift cards from AARP Rewards is exciting, my husband and I will enjoy gifting them and using them next year. He has a new job so we will have weekends off together again, which hasn't happened in a long time. Thank you for entering me into your contest this year!

I am new to this process and I’m excited about learning more. 

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Buying the cards is like getting a double sale whether it is restaurant or retail. Thanks for the chance!

Periodic Contributor

Always looking for the sweepstakes, although haven't won yet, hoping too soon!  Thanks for the offers and the availability. 

Periodic Contributor

I love getting deals on restaurant gift cards.  We are on a tight budget and don't get to eat out very often.  During the holidays, it's fun to take my wife out as a special treat.

Periodic Contributor

Hi, I use my rewards as stocking stuffers.

Gale Haskell

Contributor

I'm using my rewards to try to win a $100 home depot card for my son who bought a "fixer upper" this year, and the NFL card for me cuz my bday is in Dec and this has been a rough year money wise, I'm on disability and having trouble keeping up with this runaway inflation.  Love playing the games and earning points to try for the cards!

Contributor

I save up reward gift cards to give my daughter at the holidays

Contributor

Using my gift cards help me to spend more on my loved ones. Because of the prices today every penny helps. Thank You so much for giving me the chance to buy a better gift for all on my list

Recognized Social Butterfly

A win is a win , When and if I get a AARP reward gift card, I’ll spend it on a gift for my son and that will place a smile on his face. Any amount is a great amount we are very appreciative and all good things come to Great people 

Racquel Evans

I use points for gift cards to give to my family and I enter the contests for bigger prizes!!!

Contributor

My husband loves to cook so for holiday gifts we select a "food theme" and host monthly meals for our family throughout the year. Our current theme is soups/stews. I use the AARP Rewards catalog to purchase grocery gift cards (at a discounted price!). The gift cards are used to purchase seasonal items and weekly specials (more savings!) to freeze and have available for the family meals. I enjoy earning AARP Rewards points for exploring recipe ideas for our meals and learning more about saving/budgeting with the quizzes and videos. I also purchase (or try to win the Sweepstakes/Instant Savings using my Rewards Points!) restaurant/travel gift cards for out-of-state family members and department store gift cards (to purchase clothing/toys) for the younger members of our family. The Daily Deal gift cards provide amazing savings!

Periodic Contributor

I use the rewards catalog for restaurant gift cards to give as gifts to my family and friends, so they can enjoy a night out.

Contributor

II use gift cards from aarp and microsoft rewards for gifts and also use my aarp points for many of the different types of products they offer for points each month.

Contributor

I am working on finding a semi-retirement job and find you career information very up to date and will be taking advantage of your networking offers.  I am also planning on using my rewards to get discount shopping gift cards like Target and CVS to buy my family the holiday gifts that they want and will put to good use.

As a first year member, I was very excited to see and participate in your wonderful classes and read your interesting articles on Fitness, Advocacy for seniors and Health.  I am looking forward to utilizing your many travel discount programs as well.

Periodic Contributor

I use rewards to apply towards sweepstakes and instant wins. Never won a thing though.

Periodic Contributor

That makes 2 of us.

Contributor

That makes 3 of us!

Periodic Contributor

I use ASRP Rewards points to enter sweepstakes for various gift cards; I always max out the amount of entries, so I’m constantly looking at videos, and taking quizzes, to earn more points (plus, I’m learning new information, so it’s, hopefully, win-win!).

Periodic Contributor

I like to buy the reduced priced gift cards at shops I shop for myself and others.  I also use my points to redeem at those stores.  It's always a nice treat when I redeem at a later time.  It feels like I get a great discount!

I have only been a member of AARP for a couple of  months but have already used my AARP Rewards to purchase a magazine subscription for my son, who is a college student; I'm looking forward to using my Rewards in future to redeem for gift cards to help with his expenses.  I've also really enjoyed taking the quizzes and watching helpful videos.  Thank you so much, AARP, for the opportunity do do more for my family and save money!

Regular Contributor

My husband and I are retired and so we have to budget and watch our spending. Before moving to a rural area, I was an avid couponer. Once I started relying more on online purchases, I have to be a bit more creative to find savings. AARP Rewards is a great partner in this regard. Not only do I learn something new while earning points, I get the chance to redeem them to buy cards that I can use myself or gift, and also experience the thrill of trying to win a sweepstakes. One time I was looking for a new printer and located the best deal at Walmart. Just by chance your site also had a a chance to win a Walmart gift card which I played...and ho, ho, ho, I won! Since it was an e-card I was able to apply it to my purchase right away! 

Contributor

How do you enter the contest?  Just post a statement or is there an application to submit an entry?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, just reply answering the question:  Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

AARPTeri
Contributor

I enjoy being a member of the AARP because your company is so generous and compassionate.

I'm so thankful for the gift cards you offer which help me save money when I take my family out for a nice meal and buying gifts for them during the holidays.  Your resources are informative and have also help me donate and find ways to volunteer.  I deeply appreciate you.  You're the Best!

This is my first year with our AARP membership and it has already save us so much money. We use AARP rewards to buy gift cards for presents and for personal use. I think they have a good variety. The videos topics and quizzes have useful information. 

Contributor

We love to travel. One hotel reservation around the holidays already saved us more than the five year AARP membership cost!

Contributor

Everyone loves holiday cookies, but no one seems to have time to bake them anymore. Using the AARP Rewards, I am looking forward to buying the most delicious cookie supplies to bake and gift to everyone on my NICE LIST.

Love using the gift cards for family and friends. Truly helps to keep my budget and offers a variety of ideas and options to choose from.

Periodic Contributor

I use some of the gift cards to shop for items for Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child shoebox items. My husband and I also ordered a very neat toolkit that AARP had on-line to include for older boys--for the shoebox program. I had used "Gap" and "Eddie Bauer" gift cards to order clothing to include, too. Thank you, AARP, for allowing me to shop and include more items to pack for those in dire need. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP