Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

Examples from last year's winners posts:

"One of the most meaningful aspects of the holidays to me is the time I get to spend with others.  Using the AARP Rewards, I am looking forward to meals out at a favorite restaurant with family and/or friends where I will get to spend some quality one-on-one time with them while enjoying a meal thanks to AARP!"  

"This is my first year as an AARP Member.  I love learning through the different activities, to save up Reward Points, which helps me to purchase our favorite restaurant gift cards, for fast food, or dining out for special events, or for grocery shopping.  I love to give these gifts cards to my adult daughter, to enjoy for an easy dinner out where she doesn't have to cook after working her daily shift.  It shows my appreciation, and it is a big savings on items we would most likely purchase anyway."

Runs from 10/18 - 12/12/23. Click here for rules

AARPTeri
Contributor

I make some handmade gifts each year for a personalized gift. 

Kim Anne
Contributor

I appreciate that the AARP articles on budgeting encourage mindfulness in our spending habits. The survey games and points give an additional incentive to keep learning and exploring cost saving options. This year I ventured into a homemade gifts for all the family by making vanilla with Madagascar beans and Shefield (think Chicago) vodka. It is a kitchen staple and brings a "Cubs" memory into the gift. Gift cards will accompany the homemade bottles.

Contributor

I recently got back into taking advantage of AARP’s rewards program and have gotten my husband and sister interested also. We all are saving with the gift cards. This holiday season AARP will allow us to eat out more while shopping. Shopping will be a lot more fun knowing I’ve already saved up to 30%. With today’s inflation that helps tremendously. I also take advantage of grocery store gift cards as I am usually the host of our family Thanksgiving day dinner. Hey with all this eating, there are several daily exercise videos to help keep the pounds off while earning points. It’s a win win!

I have a list and keep an eye out for items all year long.  Vacations are great times to find things that are a little different and special.   I have a big plastic box in the bottom of my closet and keep a running list in my pocketbook.  I worked retail as a teenager and would NEVER be one of those panicked people knocking on the door as they're locking up Christmas Eve.  That's too stressful for everyone.

Contributor

1  I use the gift cards as gifts or towards gifts for my children and grandchildren by saving them up for holiday shopping.  If I win a restaurant gift card, it is a special treat for my husband and I to go out to dinner. Holiday Savings, AARP Rewards, Contest 2023, budget

Periodic Contributor

I enjoy earning points by playing the games and watching videos, then using the points for gift cards. At times I have tried out different products I never would have before. I especially enjoy gift cards for dining out. 

Periodic Contributor

Like many others, I enjoy time with my family at restaurants using gift cards and discounts offered by AARP.

Contributor

Saving money when purchasing Gift Cards is wonderful! So nice to enjoy a meal out or give a card as a gift. Contests are a favorite way to earn points and so educational! Thank you AARP

Regular Contributor

Some say, holiday shopping is a time when most people break their budgets! I say holiday shopping is a time when big savings can be realized through a combination of daily deals, redemption of gift cards for points, “Near you” deals and strategic shopping with the help of AARP Rewards.
Within the AARP Rewards catalog, you can redeem your rewards points or purchase select items at a discount of up to 30%. You can redeem up to 3 gift cards monthly. I try to choose the same gift card month after month to accumulate a larger balance for gift giving.
Daily Deals - New “Daily Deals” are available Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. - 2 p.m. ET or while supplies last. These are gift cards with up to a 30% discount, from restaurants, grocery stores and retail stores. These are perfect for gifts or purchase these discounted cards and shop when items are on sale for a larger discount.
Instant wins - Try for a chance to win gift cards. Yes these are difficult to win, but persistence is key. I save my gift cards until I have a larger balance to purchase gifts.
Near you- These are local deals near you, mostly restaurants, but local merchants as well. I have an outlet mall near me that often has deals listed - Browse for deals near you! Redeem for points then, print, or save to your mobile device, then present the coupon to the merchant. These are perfect for family holiday get togethers on a budget, and local shopping.
Like anything, success is in the details, and this does take a bit of planning for successful strategic shopping. With the combination of all of these sections of the rewards catalog and obtaining multiple gift cards from the same merchant, maximizes savings. This is how i save on holiday shopping and budgeting with the help of AARP Rewards Catalog.

Periodic Contributor

I like redeeming for gift cards at discounted rates and also trying to win!   Most everyday I’m earning my max points viewing interesting videos or taking quizzes.   Since they are relevant to me, time passes quickly.   Thanks for providing such good information.

Contributor

AARP Rewards are addictive! Once I start taking a quiz or watching a video, I can't seem to stop. Time passes very quickly! I do appreciate the variety of choices and the information I am able to garner. The rewards are an added perk. I usually do gift cards as stocking stuffers for my kids and husband. It is always nice to get them at a discount. I always enter the sweepstakes offers and keep my fingers crossed that I might win. It literally costs me nothing to try, because the knowledge I gained has already given me a win! I love taking advantage of savings during the holidays, but also great to use them year round for birthdays, an anniversary, holidays and of course a personal treat! Thanks AARP!

Contributor

I like doing the activities and taking the quizzes to earn points that I can redeem for gift cards to a variety of places and give them as gifts to other family members and friends. Also telling them what AARP has to offer.

Regular Contributor

AARP rewards is a wonderful program through which I can earn free gifts by redeeming my points. I can regularly participate in the sweeptakes( I rarely win). But it does not matter whether I win or not. It is very much enjoyable to participate in all the activities of AARP rewards. It also enables me to buy Gift cards at discount. It also offers lot of other benefits.Morethan the monetary benefits these give me a chance to keep me very much live throughout the day. It gives me HOPE. It has an entertainment factor. Often I used to think about my life SANS AARP. It is unthinkable. Thank you

Periodic Contributor

I use the rewards catalog  to purchase discounted gift cards and restaurant gift cards.  This allows me to spend over my budget.   Gives me great pleasure to see friends and family enjoying these gifts!

And I do use them to enter sweepstakes and instant win contests.   

Periodic Contributor

I love reading and doing the different activities to get the points and learning as I go. The points I gain are used for the contests and also purchasing gift cards for eating out and grocery shopping. My husband and I are retired and saving with the gift cards is so helpful.

Trusted Contributor

Each month I look for interesting gift card offers and redeem my points for them, so that at any given time I can enjoy something at a venue I might not otherwise have chosen.  Some are locations I use already and some are new to me.  I might gather with others throughout  the year and enjoy a meal so it does not have to be during the holidays or I might use the gift cards as gifts.  I also look at the physical gifts and consider redeeming my points for those.  I now have a nice collection of assorted bags and containers that I can use to put several gifts in so instead of giving them their gift(s) in an ordinary bag or box, the container is also a gift.  There is usually a nice assortment of gift cards and gifts over the year that I can find something for the people on my list.  And January is not too early to start for 2024!

Contributor

I do all my Holiday shopping using points earned through survey taking, AARP, etc.  A extra $50 gift card would be greatly appreciated and help considerably in providing gifts for 14 grandchildren, 4 children and 3 in-laws

Contributor

If I won the holiday gift cards I would love to take my grandsons and daughter out for a meal together

IMG_2928.jpeg

I would be so happy to win. Christmas 🎄 is my favorite time to bake and send gifts to those I love.   It’s also my daughter’s birthday.  I love playing the games and learning at the same time.  

IMG_8485.jpeg

Regular Contributor

I use the rewards points to get $5 and $10 gift cards to use for places I know my family and friends use. I save them up, print them out on holiday copy paper and put them in their Christmas stocking or send with a Christmas card. Just a little something to give for the holiday and they are always thrilled to get them.

Periodic Contributor

Restaurants are my favorite rewards and I try to win them all year long. Of course it would be helpful to win a Best Western gift card!

Contributor

I enjoy spending our rewards on small appliances or other small items.

Periodic Contributor

Please enter me into the AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023.
The BEST part of the Holiday Season is GIVING. I much more enjoy the art of giving than the expectations of receiving. Ken Turmel ~ Disabled Vietnam War Soldier Veteran

Periodic Contributor

The link above does not work

"The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again."

Contributor

II appreciate rewards and savings all year by earning points watching videos or taking quizzes. Even though I still work part-time as a senior my income is fixed so I have to look for creative ways to afford eating out or giving gifts. The AARP  Rewards program has been a wonderful resource to accomplish this goal. I earn cards for myself and use others as gifts. It allows me to give my loved ones gift cards that I normally would not be able to afford. I also appreciate the discounts. My son recently started grad school in another state. There is a good Amtrak route between his school and my home. Recently I was able to score a $50 Amtrak gift card for $35 in one of the weekly specials.

Thank you, AARP for making holidays and special occasions easier for me to afford and stay within my budget with the wonderful gift cards I earn through the program.

DMC , Illinois

Contributor

I would use the gift card or give as a gift and then donate that amount of money at Thanksgiving or Christmas.  The I do a "Christmas" egg hunt with the grandkids.  The eggs are filled with small change and the kids give that to the price of the animal they pick.  The grown ups kick in the rest.

Contributor

Forgot to say the animal is from Heifer project and it goes to a subsistance farmer so they can have eggs or milk to provide for their family.

Community Manager
Community Manager

To enter the contest, you would reply just as you did reporting a link not working.  The link to rules is working, please share more information about what link isn't working for you.  Thanks.

AARPTeri
Contributor

Can figure out ego sign up for budget contest

I use the rewards points to enter sweepstakes. I have not won any, but, should it happen, I have always intended to buy presents for older people in my building. Some of them are obviously lonely, some are quite sad, some have pain, some don’t have a lot of resources. People need to be noticed, appreciated, recognized, and so on. If we can all contribute to reduce the aloneness and isolation in our country and the world really, maybe some will not be so susceptible to lies, fabrications, scams, get-rich-quick schemes, and fraud of all kinds.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP