Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

August 2022, Learning/Earning/Back to School Contest!

Tell us how you keep your brain active to keep engaged for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of a $50 VISA Gift card! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 8/1 until 8/31/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

Some examples to help get you started!

My son moved to Germany, and I take German classes so I can feel a little more comfortable with the language when I visit him for the holidays.

I like to take quizzes and watch videos about topics I’m interested in like “what do you know about long-term care” from the Rewards earning page.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
Contributor

I have a few strategies to keep my brain ticking: crossword puzzles, reading both fiction & non-fiction; writing (in my journal) in either 

French or Latin; socializing with friends; learning new information about history, technology, and, most of all, about new acquaintances. I love  the outdoors: to walk and also am just learning to garden--both flowers & veggies. Mostly, I love life and am really grateful for what each new day will hold.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play wordle and watch jeopardy.   I like to read articles about medical findings.  I also like to learn languages.  I walk twice around the mall with 2 friends 4 days a week.  I watch travel documentaries on PBS.  I also play Sudoku! I also like to try new recipes.  

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I keep my brain active by playing aarp games, reading and doing needlepoint, counted cross stitch and embroidery 

0 Kudos
Contributor

It's always been a dream of mine to play the piano.   I'm taking lessons and diligently practicing and progressing.   This provides so much joy of accomplishment and new learning. 

0 Kudos

I keep my brain active by reading extensively, playing games such as sudoku, doing in depth Bible study, and now I’m attempting to learn to read Hebrew. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm an active person so I try to golf at least 4 to 5 times a week and I also like 2 games Mahjong witch I have on my laptop and Charm King which I'm proud to say I'm at level 6024 as of today ... 8/20/22 

0 Kudos

I keep my brain active by picking birthdays, high.school and college graduation dates on license plates when riding in a car. Like: kde3471. 3 birthday, 41 year my husband was born and 17 year my grandson was born. Just immediate family members. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Crossword puzzles, sudukos and kekens.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I pray daily and homeschool my daughter who is in grade 12, I've taught all 3 of my children for a total of 20 years now! I also enjoy doing surveys and playing puzzle games and hunt for deals on everything especially freebies. I walk outside every morning to start the day with exercise and fresh air and it gives my mood a lift too 😊

0 Kudos
Contributor

Woodworking has always been a hobby I never had enough time for. Now, in retirement, I can keep myself - and my chisels! - sharp by spending time in the shop. I try to come up with unique gifts for the grandkids. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain active by taking memory classes and staying around young people that keep you looking for answers to every question that ask. and they will challenge you on every answer, so you have to stay up to date on everything.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Daily Bible reading, prayer, singing, playing piano, sewing, quilting, and try to get my 10,000 steps in each day.  I also keep track of every penny we spend, keep it categorized in a spreadsheet, do pivot tables, charts and dashboards as well as budget. This way I can see how much spending is done in each category from year to year and know exactly where we spent the money. We can also look back to see when we purchased a particular item and how much we paid for it. Love it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I walk, play my flute quilt and work in my garden to keep my mind and body active.

0 Kudos
Contributor

When we travel to other countries, I always learn a few words that I can use just to be courteous to that culture. I m excited that we will be going to Hawáiʻi so I decided to learn Hawaiian and I’m enjoying it so much that I am continuing to learn and speak the language. We also like using public transportation. There is no better way to feel like a local and meet new people.

0 Kudos

Reading and playing with grandkids

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read newsletters, books, magazines, I take online courses, I make plans with friends so I can engage in interesting discussions, I'm a member of a book club which reads books that cover many genres and always provokes thoughtful conversations, I travel and study my destinations in advance of the trip, and last but not least I attend webinars on a broad variety of topics to learn about new ideas, perspectives, and topics.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like to do jigsaw puzzles on the computer. It keeps me engaged. I also belong to a social club of seniors. We have weekly meetings with interesting speakers. It’s a great way for social interaction 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain active by doing several different kinds of word games - from crossword puzzles, scrambled words, trivia, and word games where I compete against other players.  Some are even AARP games!

I also "read" the news online vs watching television, love to cook & learn new recipes, and "attend" several monthly webinars and meetings via Zoom.

0 Kudos
Contributor

In addition to regular reading and crossword puzzles, I am working to complete my Doctor of Ministry degree.  It engages me with a cohort of fellow pastors who are all seeking ways to be effective public ministers.  My project concerns issues relevant to my home state of North Dakota.  I also take classes through Humanities North Dakota and any other one day or short term class that interests me.  Currently I am in a nursing home after a serious fall in my home so continuing my classes was very important for me to keep my brain busy.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I take surveys upon surveys on myriad topics. I need to concentrate and think and respond. As a bonus I earn points for cash rewards. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

keep my brain active by (1) getting most of my news from a reputable daily newspaper and weekly magazine rather TV broadcasts, (2) reading non-fiction, and (3) trying to get to know something about other volunteers I meet at various projects. Even a little effort is better than just sticking with the same comfortable routines.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am an "everything" reader - as many as 4 books a week.  I also enjoy reading and researching about Sikkim, Tibet, Bhutan, Mongolia, Tuva and related areas to supplement my hobby of philately from those places.  I listen to a lot of music (all kinds) while I'm doing other activities.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have contests with my husband daily to see who can guess the Wordle of the Day first, and we always play 2 games of Scrabble daily.  I also like to listen to medical webinars, to learn new information about my health; I experiment with new treatments, like Brain Tap and PEMF.  Lastly, I love playing piano, and especially duets for church.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain active by daily prayer, reading, writing, and taking long walks in nature.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain sharp and focused by playing online mental challenge games especially those from AARP. 

0 Kudos

I stretch and balance in the a.m., and walk, bike, dance, or kayak daily.  Twice a week I volunteer with a group of people who have early Alzheimer's and help them with mental and artistic exercises.  I took online sign language during the pandemic, and I do AARP, NYT and other games/quizzes (spelling bee, crossword, sudoku, word wipe) for fun. I also play hand drums to maintain a sense of rhythym.  I meet up with friends and family several times a week to feel connected and happy.

0 Kudos

I keep my brain active by walking over 5000 steps each day.

0 Kudos

I stay curious no matter what. If it's my budget, a new book, my husband's latest contraption, or the bird cawing/peeping/singing outside my window, I stay open. I know there's something new to learn.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I exercise daily. Eat mostly healthy food. Having a vegetable garden helps with both of those. I read and do AARP games.

0 Kudos

I like to take quizzes and read about topics I am interested in like "is your home age ready" from the Rewards earning page.

Adriana

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP