Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

August 2022, Learning/Earning/Back to School Contest!

Tell us how you keep your brain active to keep engaged for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of a $50 VISA Gift card! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 8/1 until 8/31/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

Some examples to help get you started!

My son moved to Germany, and I take German classes so I can feel a little more comfortable with the language when I visit him for the holidays.

I like to take quizzes and watch videos about topics Iโ€™m interested in like โ€œwhat do you know about long-term careโ€ from the Rewards earning page.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

I take your daily quizzes, watch the videos and do the crossword puzzles, etc. I also read the AARP Newsletter. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

This may not be a popular idea, but I went back to work. The part-time job I work requires me to interact with people from all walks of life on a daily basis and involves near-constant problem solving, which I love. It makes me feel like I'm contributing to my community and helps me at the same time!

Contributor

Me too! Part time(outside of home for the first time in 4 years) and something that I can be flexible with scheduling and get some exercise because I mainly work at home online. Congratulations on the new job!

0 Kudos
Contributor

After a T.B.I. (Auto Accident) in 2006, I have suffered continued *Short Term Memory Loss, *Emotional Lability, *Word Aphasia. 

Every day I try to read, usually on my computer (I can increase the text size). Even though reading now will create a debilitating Headache. I love trivia quizzes, seldom are they long, and I can access my long term memory. I have recently started a new part-time job. Working feels good. But when I'm given multipool tasks, I still have a memory issue. It was better before the new manager arrived, I was just doing assembly. The registers have too many steps, to remember it smoothly.

0 Kudos

I work crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, and read daily.  I also do wordle every week or two.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I work out at Planet Fitness and in my yard, plus read AARP and financial articles, kayak, bicycle and personal relationship play with my wife.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My goal is to learn something new each and every day regarding the operation and/or issue solving relating to computer usage. Many times, i can address and correct problems on my own but in cases where i need to contact tech support they are impressed with my level of knowledge.

Contributor

I play word games daily, like Wordle & Foodle, and spend some time each day reading. I try to work new words into my vocabulary.

0 Kudos

Practicing guitar and playing video games.

0 Kudos

I like to add to my previous post, I also enjoy walking my dog every day 3 - 4 mi., dancing, working out and swimming at the gym, do all my own yard work on 1/3 acre, including trimming bushes and small trees.

Glenda

0 Kudos
Contributor

I enjoy NYT Sunday crosswords, daily Wordles, Sudocu, cryptoquips, and word jumbles.

0 Kudos

I get together with friends and we play games, card-, tile-, dice and other games like scrabble, some involve making up stories or words and more. So much fun and helps me keep my mind thinking and active.

Glenda

0 Kudos
Contributor

Walking and weight lifting, puzzles, word games, sudokus, and rummicube with friends.

0 Kudos
Contributor

That's what I'm missing since this pandemic began. I used to play dominoes every week! I miss the interaction but I'm still taking it cautious, plus, I work and volunteer more now days ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos

I've always done crossword puzzles.  Now I have expanded my morning brain wake-up to include Wordle and Two Not Touch (a logic puzzle). 

When I read the news, I stay alert to items that might be of interest to friends and kin, and then send them a link.  Shows I'm thinking of them, and keeps communications open.  And my computer & keyboard skills stay agile, too!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Tia chi classes, dancing, walking, daily Lumosity and socializing with others!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do your jigsaw puzzles everyday. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I knit with a group of friends who has been meeting up for over 15 years.  We challenge each other to stretch our skills, donate some of our items to hospitals and nursing homes in our area.  We share life together (the good & the bad) and offer each other support and love.  Meeting up keeps us all active and engaged and we have so much fun together.  I feel very lucky to have these women in my life as we move into our golden years together.  They are a both a treasure and a blessing.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Dreaming of the perfect lady friend.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read books and do crossword and word search puzzles

0 Kudos

i play word games, like to watch videos on topics that interest me and watch travel videos of places I'd like to visit someday!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I ran for our City Council, and though I'd been on several City committees in the past, I discovered a enormous learning curve to becoming an actual Council member.   It's kept me on my toes though zoom meetings during the Covid shutdown, and I've enjoyed meeting many new people.   I've become aware of so many things going on in our community.  It does take a good deal of time, but it's a win-win for the city and for me.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I utilize copious methods to keep my brain active.  My favorites are my daily emails from "Brain Candy" and "Today's Trivia".  In addition, I complete our AARP quizzes to gain knowledge and earn points.

Having daily conversations with my grandkids, ages 15 and 18, keep me current with technological advances,  My motto is to learn something new every day and keep moving.

0 Kudos

I binge read books.  I've probably read about 4 just this week. I do most of the puzzles in the newspaper.  I also watch Jeopardy and do trivia quizzes.  And I sometimes do the AARP puzzles.  And I am still working because I like what I do and it involves lots of problem solving and learning new things (I work in IT).

0 Kudos

I watch quiz shows.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I workout every day. The blood flow to the brain during exercise keeps me sharp

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read a lot of books on my Kindle.  In fact since January 1, 2022 I have read 676 books.  I watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune 5 days a week,  I do crossword puzzles and Wordle every day.  I play trivia board games with my family as often as I can.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play Wordle every morning. I always have a book to read on my Kindle. I belong to a book club in my neighborhood and download free books from the library all the time. I have The Wheel of Fortune Freeplay app on my tablet and compete in tournaments every week. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do daily story reading on Duolingo in the German language.  I have doing lessons for 3 years now.  I recently starting attending three different book clubs at my local public library, and reading the books for each of them -  SciFi and Fantasy, WW !!, and Newcomers.  My favorite quote from Dr. Seuss  is " The more you read, the more you know.  The more you know, the smarter you grow."   

Periodic Contributor

I visit local museums and galleries, and attend Zoom lectures that I take photos and screenshots of and then I turn them into photo essays with what I learned and what my thoughts are. This technique helps me organize my experiences and thoughts, creates a fun record, and lets me share with friends. I love it when something prompts them to respond with their memories and reactions since it shows we're engaging on a deeper level than just a thumbs up or smiley face.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP