Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

August 2022, Learning/Earning/Back to School Contest!

Tell us how you keep your brain active to keep engaged for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of a $50 VISA Gift card! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 8/1 until 8/31/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

Some examples to help get you started!

My son moved to Germany, and I take German classes so I can feel a little more comfortable with the language when I visit him for the holidays.

I like to take quizzes and watch videos about topics I’m interested in like “what do you know about long-term care” from the Rewards earning page.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

I like to do things that are outside of my comfort zone.  Next month I will be heading to a Flint Knapping. This month I cooked for 45 people for 4 days, 3 meals a day for an annual event which I have been cooking for 8 years. I menu plan, create the shopping lists, shop and run the kitchen during the event even though I have no formal training. I love to walk and do puzzles on AARP games. I have a fish that keeps me responsible for another living creature. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play games for AARP.  I read A book Every  Month. I walk on Tuesday & Thursday with a Senior Citizen Group on the Riverwalk here on Detroit.  My Daughter plan Active for the Our Family & Enjoy being around my Grandchildren & Great Granddaughter at the Beach

0 Kudos
Contributor

I still work in early education, do jigsaw puzzles and do daily online games. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I read daily, do every puzzle I can get my hands on and try to interact with lots of interesting people.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I research and write articles about the environment, healthy living, gardening, and mindfulness for a nonprofit organization. I participate in a genealogy research forum. I also walk, bicycle, and I have a daily yoga practice.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read books and play games.

0 Kudos

I continue working in my private practice as a counselor, however limiting my work to my personal needs to relax. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I hit the Rewards pages every day and do crosswords, trivia, and assorted other informative links. I also walk outdoors as often as weather and conditions permit, read books, and listen to music (mainly classical). 

0 Kudos

I started learning classical guitar 4 years ago.  It's incredibly challenging and really forces me to use my brain.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm 63 and a server so besides being on my feet for 8 hrs a shift ..so getting exercise. I have to remember orders and many other things. I also do trivia games, brain teasers and solitaire games every night.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Have daily conversations with residents at local nursing home. Always interesting and some are challenging. Do word searches, read, play piano, garden and preserve, learning to crochet. Grandkids also keep me on my toes!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do the Sunday newspaper jumble puzzles and study ASL weekdays to keep my brain active and learn and practice sign language. I also read fiction and non-fiction books regularly and write my daily lists longhand. Budgeting is done longhand. Regular walks and physical activities are also helpful to encourage a healthy brain along with regular sleep, a daily routine, and a daily game of butterflies for pattern recognition.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am still working, and always looking for new ways to get things done on and off the computer - learning new platforms, keeping curious, and collaborating with colleagues. Also, I do sudoku, crossword and other puzzles in the newspaper, go for regular walks with family and friends, and get out in the garden as often as I can, which presents lots of opportunities to learn about how to better care for my plants and trees.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I try to do crossword puzzles with my elderly, wheelchair, & home bound mother that I help care for.  My father would smile & laugh when I would happily shouted if my mother got a crossword puzzle question correct.  It has been the hardest job in my life caring for my 86 year old mother & 92 year old father (he passed away from complications from a 7 year fight with dementia...just 2 days after his 92nd birthday).  You have to appreciate the happiness in a day...

0 Kudos

I read every day, play scrabble and bananagrams with my granddaughters.  I also love puzzles!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I'm a student always, meaning I learn something(s) new everyday! I love to listen, read, and learn! I love to get quiet and meditate! I love to read the Bible and other books! I love to watch educational and informative videos that enhance and stimulate my brain! I fell out of the shower and landed on my back, over 3 years ago, and I'm walking and stretching everyday to the best of my capability to get my full mobility and functionality back! I do something everyday, as a 56 year young, African American, female, to build up and preserve my spirit, mind, body, and soul! I love everything and more that AARP offers to contribute to my life and others! Love & Blessings!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I love completing the CryptoQuote daily in my newspaper! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hike or bike year round with friends from the gym. We are all 60-80 yo. Regularly chat with after gym classes with friends.  Do puzzles and read many books with with grandkids. Play sudoku, mahjong and word games. Sew and do crafts with friends. Belong to a dinner club and we go out regularly throughout the year. Walk daily in the neighborhood and chat with neighbors as well as our big get togethers at Memorial Day and Labor Day. Travel within the US as well as overseas experiencing different cultures and foods and navigating different countries. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

1. I walk everyday! I play Wordle, games in AARP, read books, socialize with friends and family and try to maintain a positive attitude and outlook, 
0 Kudos

I keep my brain active every waking moment as my 3 granddaughters and parents live with me and I help out with the girls all the time. They are ages 9, 3 and 3 months!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I watch 25 Words or Less most mornings, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune in the evenings, play a variety of games from matching to merging and more, read, often talk to the dog, and do chores while listening to music or whatever is on TV at the time. 

0 Kudos

I watch Password, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and complete the AARP reward points quizzes.

Also I have a daily reading habit—at least a half an hour a day. 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

I teach special education from 1st through 4th grade. I also play word cookies, and match pair 3D.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

As a writer and musician, my brain is usually pretty busy writing, playing/singing or preparing to. I haven't done any readings or performances since the pandemic onset, so I augment by reading to learn and for pleasure, keeping up with friends, family, interests online, and utilizing the many AARP website offerings to educate, entertain, enlighten & inspire.

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Contributor

I like doing dot puzzles, to keep my brain active I really enjoy working them. I will do 3 or 4 before stoping.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like doing dot puzzles, to keep my mind active

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I play board games with my husband, family, and friends at least 7 times a month, in person & online.

I work jigsaw puzzles, sudoku, Wordle, and other puzzles daily.

I play various types of computer games, both solo and multi-player MMOs.

I listen to educational podcasts and read educational articles online on numerous subjects.

I read a minimum of six books a week, both fiction and non-fiction.

I write daily, even if only via email.

I play Dungeons and Dragons with my family, both as a Dungeon Master and as a player.

I listen to music or podcasts while I do housework and cooking.

I spend time in our 17 acres, exploring nature and meditating.

I research brain health and nutrition and eat accordingly.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Me and husband are both retired. He loves yard work, I love to volunteer at the Food Bank, I like hiking and long walks, we travel as much as we can a couple times a year. We both love computer games. He likes War if Warcraft and I do word puzzles, scrabble, tetras games. We read, watch movies, and take care of our 2 cats and home. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I live alone, so in order to keep my brain sharp, I go to YMCA 6 mornings a week to have social interactions while doing cardio and weights to strengthen muscles. I do one hour long Puzzles of 3 different types to do with Math, Vocabulary and Trivia. I also cook from scratch healthy meals, I communicate either on phone or via text with my immediate family, friends and neighbors. I like to attend Broadway shows, listen to audio books while gardening and cooking. I like to read articles about health issues, I like mystery books to figure out, “ who the culprit is”. I like to stay organized and I do that by keeping a To Do list on paper and appointments in my phone calendar. I enjoy once a month Retired Lady’s lunches from my place of work.

while doing all of the above, I don’t forget to be kind and forgiving to myself and be grateful for my blessings🙏🏽

0 Kudos
Contributor

I recently retired to a cottage near a Lake and have been peddling a paddle boat for exercise and NOW I bought a Kayak and am learning how to paddle correctly. Always trying to learn a new activity for my brain and my fitness!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP