Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

18 days and 1 gift card for points

Regular Contributor

18 days and 1 gift card for points

will there be anymore gift card for points? collecting all these points for what? couldn't get any extra credit rewards, as i'm about to complete an activity and the usual SORRY NO POINTS pops up, where experiencing techinal difficulties. every 1st of the month this happens. is it just me?

Regular Contributor

Walgreens gift card $5 available now. 

Social Butterfly

@AARPConsumerCare 

Stephen K. and Sue J.

Thanks for responding to our concerns about the lack

of gift cards for points in the online catalog.

It is difficult when it may not be in your control whether gift

cards are offered for points or not.

However, please continue to  pass on our ongoing frustration about the

unusual lack of gift cards redeemable for points.

And, I hope you keep responding to our concerns, because it

is worse when Community leaders just ignore our topics.  And,

there have been many, many reward topics ignored over the years

So, thanks again for your responses and please keep management abreast

of the growing level of dissatisfaction with the Rewards program.

AndrewToo
Community Concierge

You're welcome, we appreciate your feedback!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

No,not just you.  Happens to me as well.  I am now to lazy to earn points because no gift card rewards have been available since the panera gc.  Of course one will pop up soon, but I will miss it because there hasnt been anything and I am conditioned to not check obsessively if any new GC are available.  Oh how I long for the good old days when we had $25 gift cards and we could purchase 3 of the same.  I used to win alot of instant win games too, but those days are long gone too!

Super Contributor

And because there are no GC offered, if they do eventually offer some more, they will probably sell out in a few minutes, so unless I'm online right when they come out, I'll miss out, just like I missed the Panera GC.

Trusted Contributor

I I have been participating in the rewards program since it changed several years ago, and even before that. I do remember it was in September, but the year I can't recall. At that time you could use your rewards points for $100's for Sweeps and the other rewards were more than $5 or $10 you could use points for (3) of the same gift card. At the first of the month sometimes I would get (3) of the same and my limit would be reached. Things always changes in life as has this program. But one thing I can say for sure, we seniors of today are not our mother's and grandmother's seniors, we know what time it is. (If you know what I mean) Try and enjoy the rewards program while it is here, may not be here tomorrow.

Periodic Contributor

I had the same experience with sorry no points on the 1st of the month.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Andrew! If you no longer see them, we suggest you delete the cookies, close the browser and open up in Google Chrome. Feel free to use this link: Go to aarp.org/rewards. Log in to your AARP online account. Click the drop-down and select Redeem. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

E gift cards have been exceptional scarce. It has nothing to do with cookies or your browser!  I have been given this explanation before.  Just a "standard" answer.  Giving this as an explanation just confirms support does not want to look into the issue as they assume the caller does not know what they are doing. I worked in IT for 35 years and I never assumed my users did not know what they were doing, I assumed there was a bug in the code and got it fixed!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

@BearGirl47 You are right.  That is the stock answer.   It does help sometimes.  BUT

I visit no other site when this is necessary, where it is an excuse for bad programming, etc.  Frequent no points for no good reason.....just earned points for another activity and then BOOM.   Wants you to log in AGAIN and still no points even i you repeat the activity.     I don't think it's just me.

Community Concierge

@HokiePoq, the login will timeout when you're not active on our website. I recommend you, to log back in if you left for a while to avoid this to happen in the middle of completing an activity. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Wow! It times out within seconds and in the middle of an activity, as in running a video? Then it's a clear problem that you need to pass on to your IT team and they need to address and solve that problem. (I have also experienced similar problems of late; precisely it started the day before the last maintenance. And before you mention it, I have cleared the cookies, logged out, rebooted the computer, blah blah blah, to no avail)

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi BearGirl47! The gift cards do go quick. New Daily Deals are available Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET or while supplies last. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Sue J, We are talking about e gift cards for points, not for purchase.   After the initial offering at the start of the month, I have only seen one new offering for points, that being Panera Bread. And I understand that e gift cards for points also go very quickly. AndrewM33063 stated this at the beginning and the subject is "18 days and 1 gift card for points".  I don't really like complaining but how can we say it any better and Support still not getting it. 

Periodic Contributor

The long dry spell has ended. As of this morning there is a $5 Walgreens card available for 26,000 points. It is not a great offer, but with less than a week left to score 3 redemptions, it is better than nothing.  I would appreciate some information on the general direction of the program in future regarding these opportunities if @AARPConsumerCare has anything to say?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi BearGirl47! I can only encourage you to do the Daily Deals. They are available Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET or while supplies last. We may offer the gift card as a purchase or point-only redemption. Sadly, I have no information as to when they are publishing points only cards. But they most likely will be in the Daily Deals. -Sue J

Periodic Contributor

Sue J, Thanks for replying. I find it intriguing that you suggest some future daily deals may be available for points only redemption. I remember several years ago that could occur. There was generally such a "feeding frenzy" at the start time, I often had a card in my "cart" and before I could confirm the transaction it would be sold out.  I found that a fast internet connection was essential, and the only time I got a card was when I went to a nearby library to use their super fast desktops connected to an industrial strength connection.  But good to know in any case.  Will the points only deals be posted in advance  the prior day like the current cash offers?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I have not seen any for points gift card during the time period in question (besides the Panera gift card).

Answering people's queries is great customer service; patronizing and gaslighting your customers is not.

I do hope that you are aware that the daily deals do not come under the heading of "For points" gift cards. Otherwise I would suggest that a basic training course for customer service employees is acutely needed.

Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPConsumerCare Did you actually read AndrewM's post?  His point was that there has been only one gift card for points (Panera) since the extra credit rewards cards were offered the 1st of the month. It has nothing to do with deleting cookies.  I know because I delete my cookies from my devices almost everyday to keep them running smoothly.

I sometimes think ConsumerCare is a BOT.😁

Bronze Conversationalist

I have just realized how AARP names its customer service: Consumer care.

According to the Merriam-Webster,

Customer: one that purchases a commodity or service

Consumer:one that utilizes economic goods

Not a subtle difference and it may explain why we get such a poor customer service; I suspect they consider us as some kind of parasite that just consumes instead of a paying customer..

"Care" is quite a mismoner too in my opinion.

Community Concierge

Hi a170938b. How can I help you. - Stephen K.
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Stephen K.

Thank you for reaching out.

The main and more pressing issue at the moment is the lack of for points only gift cards. There is absolutely no need for me to spend time accumulating points if there is no place to spend it. 

I would like to know if this is the new AARP Rewards way.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

04-19-2024 07:40 PM

Hi Stephen K.  I think a few of us are looking for a follow up to your mail from the 19th about leveling this up.  Did you get a reply from any of the higher ups?

Thank you

Hi k380494p. I have taken note of what you have said regarding only one gift card for points (Panera) since the extra credit rewards cards were offered the 1st of the month and I will pass it upward. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tinasinge The AARP Rewards Catalog is dynamic and constantly changing. We have recorded everyone's feedback about the selection for this month, but check back periodically as new inventory is added frequently for a variety of brands. Please keep in mind that through April 25th, various gift card brands will be unavailable as we perform system maintenance. This maintenance is directly affecting the Rewards catalog as well.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We are not parasites even if we spend no cash on the site. AARP sells advertising and that is based on how many people view the website and how much time we spend there earning and redeeming points.  Our many hours spent watching videos, playing games, taking quizzes, and scanning the catalog for rewards are a valuable resource. If rewards dwindle to the point where users are discouraged, there is a downside to AARP. Gift certificates drive traffic to participating merchants websites as well. We have economic  power and can take our eyeballs elsewhere.  BTW now on day 22 of only one GC for points only (Panera $10). I often miss the extra credit rewards which can be sold out by the time I wake up & get online.  Also the 3 redemption limit used to be separate for 3 digital and 3 physical items. The steadily dwindling benefits since the Rewards for Good program was replaced will have negative consequences to AARP in time.

Community Concierge

Hi k380494p. I have taken note of what you have said regarding only one gift card for points (Panera) since the extra credit rewards cards were offered the 1st of the month and I will pass it upward. - Stephen K.

Periodic Contributor

Stephen  - Thanks so much for looking into the matter concerning only 1 gift card for the month after the initial gift cards on the first day of the month. Please let me know if you hear anything further about this issue. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi en2576. I certainly will let you know. - Stephen K.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

What is the status of passing this issue upward?

THERE IS ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT FOR ALL OF US TO USE OUR 3 REDEMPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP