Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

A New Blog Aimed At People Aging in the Workforce

A New Blog Aimed At People Aging in the Workforce

I would like to invite my fellow AARP members to visit my blog on AARP.  I take posts from my blog, Work, Careers & Jobs @ 40+ and post them to my AARP blog. I am 54 and made a huge job change BACK into corporate America when I was 47 (as a pharmaceutical sales rep of all things!!). Talk about a land of young people. Well, it has had ups and downs like many jobs.
When I was 47 and job-hunting many people discouraged me and told me I would never have a chance to get back into sales (something I had enjoyed when I was much younger). I just wanted one more chance and it has been a blast. I have met so many interesting people, the physicians I call on are closer to my age than my counterparts 20-30 years my junior. My journey back to Corporate America did inspire me to blog--not about my job in particular, but about aging in the workforce. I also have an extensive background in human resources.
I hope you will visit the blog and tell others about it. Let me know what you think, what topics would be helpful etc.

http://workinglater.blogpost.com
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP