Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

looking to learn social media and blogging

Contributor

looking to learn social media and blogging

Hi I am Nancy Gallop and I am trying to learn social media and how to blog so I can get paid to work from home

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi @NancyG291690 and welcome to the online community!

Ah, a work from home job is the bomb! I've made my living from home for a few decades, blogging, writing articles and books and planning/directing informational campaigns. So I know it can be done.

Social media jobs have changed a ton over time, so I suggest that you look into Google certification http://googleuniversity.us. You can get a number of certificates through them (free online self paced classes) and that will help with the up-to-the-minute SEO aspect of blogging.

With regards to writing for others as a vocation, the trick there is to be able to write everything from one liners (think Facebook and Twitter memes) to white papers (think: everything you need to know about this product, this company, this initiative, this whatever) and you'll need to adapt your vernacular to the lingo of the client. So you'll need to develop (or possess) a linguist's ear. 

For a quick overview of blogging, there's this: https://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Blog. I suggest you start reading dozens of blogs a week. Take note of which ones engaged you and why. Then, wander over to one of the free blogging platforms and get started. ๐Ÿ™‚

Knowing photo editing and video software is a must, btw, for creating SM memes you can sell.

I wish you every success.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP