Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Questions on AARP Job Board

Hello everyone,

I just started trying the AARP Job Board. Anyone here made a good use of it or have any advice on how to make a good use of it and so forth?

For starters, I did apply for one job through the board. But am not sure what to expect afterwards? If they're interested, will they get back to me through the board or what, etc?

Please advise. Thanks.

Periodic Contributor

Like another person said, nobody from AARP ever responds to posts. I think for the most part they repost positions from other websites and job boards. I don't think any of the employers directly contact AARP to post open requisitions. 

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

I have another good question. Are the job wanted ads that are posted in the AARP job board specifically catered to those 55+ and older? Or are they just posted in there randomly? Thanks.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(2/21/24) @dm6246348 , NO ONE from AARP "responds" in this Job Forum. But keep in mind folks age 18 and older are NOW MEMBERS. Gone are the days when AARP was for us age 50+. I will be 66 this year and DO NOT "trust" the Online Job Postings. Why? Website OWNERS are all about getting PAID FOR ADS. To heck with their users SAFETY.

Be careful....  😎

[*** @dm6246348 wrote:

I have another good question. Are the job wanted ads that are posted in the AARP job board specifically catered to those 55+ and older? Or are they just posted in there randomly? Thanks. ***]

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (Wednesday 2/7/24)

@dm6246348 , have you received any "responses" from any of the jobs you "applied" to?  🤔

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

To answer your question, I only applied to one company through the AARP job board thus far. And did hear back from that company. However they basically said to just apply through their website. Which I did only to be told that they didn't accept my application. And I did google up some info on that company afterwards and wouldn't recommend them at this point. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Monday 2/12/24)

@dm6246348 how did they [the company] CONTACT you? 🤔

(1) Through the AARP Job Site.

(2) Or another way.

*** Thanks for responding ***

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They contacted me outside of the AARP Job Site. They sent me an email directly, the email I used to apply through the AARP Job Site.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank you for your response @dm6246348   😎

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP