Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is it time for 60 year old to get out of digital design field?

Periodic Contributor

Is it time for 60 year old to get out of digital design field?

Soon I will turn 60. Given that I am reliant on my spouse for income, and my employment history is very limited because all my jobs did not last, is it time for me to be realistic with myself and get out of the field of eLearning and Web Design? I love the field and don't want to leave. But given that there are so many talented younger people in the field I am wondering about my viability as I enter my older years. And who is to say I will still be married. I don't' want to leave this field. After all, I do have skills. But I have been rejected so many times after having job interviews. I feel lost! And I am scared!

Regular Social Butterfly

omgoodness, stop, please!

I accepted my last job at 60 (6 years ago) and loved it!

As long as you feel proud and accepted, please, for me, continue your job; you are talented and should not stress with those talents...

If you want to continue, I'd suggest if you're really feeling "old", try hooking up with (at art sites; not pay per view) young talent; I did that and found a new appreciation of life!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Periodic Contributor

Thanks for your positive feedback!

I'm afraid for me, it's "the more things change, the more they stay the same." I've been asking these same questions for 20 years!  I just lack whatever it is to pridefully succeed at a career! I hope I can turn it around! 

I don't want to be dependent on my significant other any longer! I want to be independent and free! How many more years of work do I have left? 10 at best. I have been let go from job after job. I do have one client who pays me only a small amount a month. That's it.

So where do I go from here? It comes down to who I am, my internal life, my thinking and my daily procedures.

So what do I do.....

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP