HELP! benefit suspended for clerical error

Hello! I started receiving a widow's benefit two years ago and I reside abroad. (I am not a US national - but worked there for 20+ years and chose to take this benefit over my own). Anyone else here abroad and understand the rule about working less than 45 hours per month? I made a mistake and filled in the months I did work and did work less than 45 per month and left the others blank - SS took this as though I worked more and then suspended my benefit for three months - I appealed but in the meantime never got help from the US European office for SS - where I am supposed to do everything through. Likewise I had friends in the US actually go to the SS office on my behalf but of course, they could not explain the rules, Anyway I sent all in but in the meantime, my benefit was interrupted again for the three month period. What should I do? I am told to go to the website or call the US consulate SS office that no one answers. Any ideas? Many thanks and sorry for the long-winded explanation.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png