Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly

Robo-Call From My Own Phone

I did a couple searches before starting this topic, but 'robocall' and 'phone' got so many hits I couldn't sort through them all.  It's a simple question:

 

I recently received a voicemail on one of my phone numbers that was a robocall.  The information accompanying the voicemail indicated that the call originated from one of my other phone numbers.  This is the 1st time I've seen this kind of obvious spoofing.  Just wondering if anybody else has seen it?

 

0 Kudos
351 Views
6
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly

...It's kinda giving me the creeps...thinking about changing my numbers.

0 Kudos
240 Views
1
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly

(2/25/24) Eric @EricC28201 , the SAME thing will happen with those numbers!  😎

 


[*** ERIC @EricC28201 wrote:

...It's kinda giving me the creeps...thinking about changing my numbers. ***]


0 Kudos
221 Views
0
Report
Silver Conversationalist

 I havent seen that so far but it wouldnt surprise me in the least..

0
Kudos
13237
Views
Silver Conversationalist

   I have had robocalls to my landline phone that show up on the display window as   being from that very same number. Sometimes, it will even include my name!  The bots can put any number or name they want.  What most of them have in common is that they usually don't leave messages on the answering machine or voice mail.

0 Kudos
301 Views
1
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly

(2/23/24) Yikes @wilful - so I can get one "in spite" of having ONLY ONE PHONE NUMBER!!!  😱😱😱  Gosh, you would think someone would "develop" a DEVICE to deal with this "issue"  😎

 


[*** @wilful wrote:

   I have had robocalls to my landline phone that show up on the display window as   being from that very same number. Sometimes, it will even include my name!  The bots can put any number or name they want.  What most of them have in common is that they usually don't leave messages on the answering machine or voice mail. ***]


0 Kudos
293 Views
0
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly

(2/23/24) NO Eric @EricC28201 = I have only ONE PHONE NUMBER = so impossible to happen for me  😎

 


[*** @EricC28201 wrote:

I did a couple searches before starting this topic, but 'robocall' and 'phone' got so many hits I couldn't sort through them all.  It's a simple question:

 

I recently received a voicemail on one of my phone numbers that was a robocall.  The information accompanying the voicemail indicated that the call originated from one of my other phone numbers.  This is the 1st time I've seen this kind of obvious spoofing.  Just wondering if anybody else has seen it? ***]


0 Kudos
340 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP