Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How to get message to Rob Tannenbaum?

Contributor

How to get message to Rob Tannenbaum?

How do I get a message to Rob Tannenbaum, the author of What I Learned After Hackers Attacked Me and Stole $4,000?

From reading the article, it looks like he uses an online password manager. I just wanted to let him know if he was using LastPass, they were hacked over the past year and it appears the hackers have been able to crack into password databases.

He never mentioned if he ever figured out how he was compromised. But this is one way it could have been done with no obvious breach on his side.

I I wish Mr. Tannenbaum had been clearer about the genesis of the hack -- specifically who and what did it, and how. Also, I would appreciate more clarity on the router/WiFi security. This is a new one for me. Perhaps he could be invited back to do a followup column?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Ironically it almost seems technology has come full circle and the best place for passwords is written on paper, locked in a desk drawer or Safe, and only used on a private network...just sayin'.

0 Kudos
Contributor

That was my question also- in reading the article, my guess was that the cloud-stored-passwords were the vulnerability. I will continue to store my passwords offline!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP